MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Jeter and Spike???

Whadda you guys think of the new 2006 Mustang GT commercial with Derek and Spike Lee?..I think if I rolled up on Spike Lee driving that car I'd let him beat me off the line and then nudge the ass of his car to see if he'd fish-tail. This forum is for ANY kind of discussion, right?
Old 06-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Re: Jeter and Spike???

I think them promoting street racing is a stupid thing. I realize they are trying to appeal to a crowd, but, it is quite irresponsible for a car company to promote an illegal and dangerous activity.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Well its a little farfetched, after all how often are NY city streets THAT empty.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Farfetched or not, the concept is still there. They are sitting at a light, and when it goes green, they take off like bats out of hell. I just think it is irresponsible on the part of the car company to promote such activities. Much like the F&F movies. I'm not saying that they will be responsible for anyone else's actions, I just think it is not a good way to promote your product. Plus, I'm sure that commercial is seen in more places than NY.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #5
frmula505
Registered Member

Pontiac did it with the Trans am a few years ago (remember the one where it eats an exotic at the light), and more recently with the GTO. Chevy had the one where a kid steals a Corvette, they pulled that one. So i think auto companies will do whatever it takes to sell cars.
2003 Cobra Torch red 10 anniversary 2.8 ultra grip upper pulley, 100mm aux. idler, 100mm idlers, custom predator dyno tune (467hp,505tq), K&N cai, BBK offroad X pipe, Magnaflow cb, centerforce clutch, bbk billet quadrant ,UPR firewall adjuster w/ stock cable, MGW short throw shifter, autometer boost, kenne brown hard launch kit with derlin bushings, and BFR G-Force tires (315-30-18 dr's rear)
My Car
frmula505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #6
digital3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred90gt
I think them promoting street racing is a stupid thing. I realize they are trying to appeal to a crowd, but, it is quite irresponsible for a car company to promote an illegal and dangerous activity.
i agree dude. maybe the companies that are gonna run these moronic ads should be throwing some money to the police departments to help crack down on the street racing idiots.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:54 PM   #7
69/06stang
Registered Member

Watching the game tonight, on comes the Jeter /Spike commercial. I just purchased the 06 GT, Red with red & black interior this May. My husband owns a green 69 Fastback that we have had for 15 years. My only wish is that a Red Sox player was driving my Red GT. Nothing against Jeter, but he should be driving a blue GT and have you guys been spying on us, the only thing that doesn't match is the interior colors. Oh yes, I would beat him off the line too!!!!
69/06stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #8
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

I think Manny would look better in a 63 Starfire..no style for no class (hahhaha)...Imagine pulling up next to one of these guys?