MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-31-2002, 08:10 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Just Got Promoted!!!

I've been having big time problems NOT getting called into to work on my days off for the last two weeks. Everyday I was supposed to have off, I got called in. Those days dont count as vacation days, but I'll be darned if it didnt start pissing me off to be relaxing, only to hear my Pager go off. (I'm a Fed Ex Dock Manager.

The guy they got covering me is an idiot. I've been training him for over a month and he still cant do it on his own. He talks real big, yells at my employees like a Big Man, but he cant get the Task's accomplished in the Time frame alloted.

ANYWAY...Now For the Good Part.

My pager went off again Today...Friday..I was supposed to have off Thursday and Friday this week...I looked down and saw Works number...I swore under my breath and my blood pressure rose. I called, and asked What the HELL they wanted, they told me they were just reminding me to get my License renewed (I'm about to turn 25 June 7th). Okay...No prob...My blood pressure lowers, my breathing slows...I'm not mad..

My Pager goes off again 2 hours later...Work...Samething..I get mad, call in..I Get Good New....I GOT PROMOTED!!! TO FULL TIME.. My Salary just more than doubled...YEE HAAWW....And I only have to put in an hour and few minutes more every work day (M-F). I had to go in and get my license renewed, and go get the paper work filled out.

I'm also getting sent To Pittsburgh for a week class. I leave Sunday...So if any of you Mustang Works members are in PittsBurgh, or are going to be around Pittsburgh June 3rd to the 7th let me Know..I'd love to meet a few of you all. My class's are from 8-5.

I get to visit my Dad and Grandpa also..Bad thing is I heard Kenny Wood just had a Tornado that ripped the place apart, so I wont get to ride the New Steel Phantom, or my favorite Old Timey Rollercoasters Like the ThunderBolt...Oh well.

I'm so Happy....Hehehe. Time to Hit the Steeda Websites...And A few others...Hehehe...I've worked so dam hard the last 6 years for this...It finally begins to pay off.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
Five0
Registered Member

congrats mercury! I always like hearing good news like that.

Too bad I don't live any near where you are going, I would like to meet you, You sound fun as hell to hang out with. I always like to have a good laugh.
RHC Member #44
nochevy@hotmail.com

1991 Mustang LX
Dart iron eagle block, 4340 28oz 347 crank, 4340 h-beam rods, probe ultra light pistons canfield heads “race ported by Brent Frazier”, solid roller cam and lifters “custom grind”, kooks 1 7/8" race headers, and much more.

Engine built by Brent Frazier.
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:00 PM   #3
Aquaman
Registered Member

Good for you. Now you can mod that thing so you can keep up with the LS1's J/K Really congrats
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 01:59 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thanks guys...I just realized I put this in the wrong forum. I spent like 10 minutes looking in the lounge for my Thread...Thought I was going nuts.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #5
fastang
Registered Member

Kennywood is GONE!!!! NOOOOoooooo! I used to live in Pittsburgh when I was a kid. The Steel Phantom isnt exactly new but its damn fast! Over 80 mph.

Congrats on your promotion! I just got a promotion and a raise too Looks like were both doing better. Im getting another stang real soon. Probably my friends fox.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 01:33 PM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Kenny Wood isnt exactly gone, the Whip just got damaged, thats all. I first heard that more damage was done, and that it was a tornado. Thats what the PA news reported.

Well, it wasnt a tornado, it was a "Mini Burst". A very Very high speed and dangerous burst of wind that can reach 260 MPH, not in a funnel shape.

They tore down the old Steel Phantom, and built a new one. I think its the first season for it, may be the second. Its called the Steel Phantoms Revenge or something. Supposed to be taller and faster than the original, but not whip you and thrash you about like the old one used to.

Thanks guys for the COngrats...Now...I'm debating...Mach 1, or Factory Five Cobra Replica...
Old 06-02-2002, 08:14 PM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
I'm debating...Mach 1, or Factory Five Cobra Replica...
Although the new Mach 1s are definitely awesome, you'd get WAY more chicks in the Cobra replica....Those are a tad under $11k less drivetrain, right? You could easily get a donor 5.0 with a whoooooole buncha mods and put it in that Cobra. All in all it would probably be around $15,000. You'd have something way cheaper, way funner, way cooler, and way more of a chick magnet with the AC replica.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 09:49 PM   #8
Barrfight
Registered Member

Default Just got home from Pittsburg

Congrats Merc! I actually just got home from Pittsburg tonight. My rugby team was playing in the national championships there. We got second place so we were all happy about that. I would have been happy to race you in the charter bus we took, lol. Anyways, good luck with the promotion!

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 04:04 PM   #9
fastang
Registered Member

Well Im glad to hear tha Kennywood isnt totaly destroyed! I remember the old Steel Phantom, It was the fastest coaster in the world at the time. Im sure the new one kicks ***.

If your going to get a Cobra replica get a Superformance or a JBL. Thats really the only decent way to go. The factory five kits dont look right and you have to build the whole damn thing yourself. By the time you spend the months building the thing and buying all the parts you will need and paint...you could have gotten a decent chassis that will handle waaay better like a JBL. One of my best friends is a technician for the House of Cobras here in Cali. The shop builds and sells Cobra replicas. They build all the motors in house, usualy 418 strokers. But they'll get you any motor you want....Even a real 427 side oiler.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 12:59 PM   #10
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Good Job buddy... I m happy for ya!

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 04:11 PM   #11
coupe93
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Congrats Merc! Hard work does sometimes pay off! Well Done to you.
coupe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 11:32 PM   #12
sedanman
Registered Member

Congrats on the promotion.

It looks like the LS1's around there might start to have a tought time when some of that new found money finds its way into the stang.

Good luck with the new Job.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 12:31 PM   #13
WhiteT78Supra
Registered Member

Congrats Mercury!!!

It's always nice to hear about somebodys good fortune.

Get the Cobra replica!!! They look bad AZZ!!!

Bob
White 93 6spd Supra, targa top, no wing, GReddy T78 turbo, GReddy 4 row intercooler, GReddy/BLITZ shorty D.P. combo, DEI thermal turbine wrap, DEI thermal header / D.P. wrap, GReddy Type R wastegate, GReddy Type R BOV, HKS fuel rail, 720cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, dual in-tank pumps, APEXi N1, GReddy BCC, GReddy Profec B, HKS VPC, APEXi S-AFC, Greddy 52mm boost gauge, GReddy 52mm EGT gauge, Unorthodox cam gears / underdrive pulleys, GReddy turbo timer, B&M shifter, TRD pressureplate, Arizona clutch, TRD strut bar, 255/45 front and 315/35R17 Nitto drag radials out back, Redline Water Wetter, Brembo cross drilled rotors, and Brembo pads.
WhiteT78Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 01:06 PM   #14
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey...CONGRATULATIONS

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote