MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-24-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Post Just a little something for anyone interested.

Today Horsepower TV had a special show on George Ray's Drag strip. The track is located in Paragould, Arkansas, about an hour from the Mo/Ark state lines.

Joe Elmore (who co-hosts the show with Chuck Hanson), was the one who made the visit. Joe is originally from Paragould. When he was younger he wanted to goto George Rays, but his parents wouldn't allow it. So now he's gone after all this time.

George open his track in 1961 and it has changed very little since then. He also has an Oldsmobile powered roadster that stays at the track. It was the last hot rod that he built, I think.

TNN will be rerunning the show at 8:30 tommorow morning I believe. Make sure you don't miss it.

For more on George Ray's Wild Cat Hot Rod DragStrip, you can goto http://www.geocities.com/georgeray12345 , or goto their message board at http://www.mempian.com/georgeray

Dan.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote