MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-20-2002, 02:49 AM   #1
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Thumbs up Just saw the movie: Two Towers

IT ROCKED! Even if you arent a fan of the JRR Tolkein Lord of the Rings series, go see it. Its amazing, some of the best computer animation, CGI, ect. I've seen to date. The movie was well done for the most part and was worth every penny. Even if you dont understand the plot, the action kicks butt. I just saw the book come to life and its better than other Hollywood interpretations of good classics so far. Take your girl even, it has a lot of suspense and drama, and you can explain to her about Elves and seem smart
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 02:55 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

does anyone remember the serie's of book's, thieve's world- early 80's, i used to have almost all of them, good stuff, i will have to ck out that movie though.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:13 AM   #3
jj_jonathon
Trisket

I WILL see that movie...the first one kicked arse too...but i figure itll be an annoying theater full of screaming "followers" and kids who cant get into rated-r movies yet for the first two weeks...so ill wait a little while first...i prefer a less crowded theater.....im so glad its out..woo!

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:16 AM   #4
digital3.3

Talking

yeah i can't wait to see the second one. i took my girlfriend at that time to see the first lord of the rings and she whined and whined about it sucking. so now she is single
Old 12-20-2002, 03:28 AM   #5
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by digital3.3
yeah i can't wait to see the second one. i took my girlfriend at that time to see the first lord of the rings and she whined and whined about it sucking. so now she is single
lmfao....i got dragged to see the first one by my gf and ended up LOVING it...so oh well

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 12-20-2002, 01:04 PM   #6
Conman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
lmfao....i got dragged to see the first one by my gf and ended up LOVING it...so oh well
me too
I would like to see the second one aswell but it is my girlfriend that really wants to go so we will probably see it in the next day or two.

you have to play along and pretend you are being dragged so when she wants to go see some chick flick you can say "remember when you dragged me to that other movie? we should see one that I want to see"

it's only fair that way

'88 lx, Black on Black, check it out here

Spent all my money on school, what a dumb mistake

I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 04:40 PM   #7
cad614

Quote:
Originally posted by Conman
...you have to play along and pretend you are being dragged so when she wants to go see some chick flick you can say "remember when you dragged me to that other movie? we should see one that I want to see"
Then they just remind you that you liked this movie, and tell you that you will like the new one too if you give it a chance. Surely you've realized she'll find a way to make you see her movie, one way or another.

'95 GT Convertible
cad614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:44 AM   #8
Mustanguy

Cool

Saw the first one and I gotta see this one on my to do list!

Old 12-21-2002, 01:21 AM   #9
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by cad614
Then they just remind you that you liked this movie, and tell you that you will like the new one too if you give it a chance. Surely you've realized she'll find a way to make you see her movie, one way or another.
she pays when she drags me to a movie...course thats not too often...but i wont pay for a movie i dont wanna see

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 12-22-2002, 11:53 AM   #10
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Superiorly AWESOME movie! One of the best. I have to say my favorite movies since 2000 would have to be The Matrix and Lord of the Rings (1,2)
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:03 PM   #11
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Fox Body and I must think alike because those are my favs too. The 1st movie was just plain awesome. I am dying to see the 2nd one, but I can't stand a crowded theater so I'm going to wait a week or so.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:14 PM   #12
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by 2FastLX
Fox Body and I must think alike because those are my favs too. The 1st movie was just plain awesome. I am dying to see the 2nd one, but I can't stand a crowded theater so I'm going to wait a week or so.
LOL, Yeah, man. I think the Matrix is the only movie I am just about dying for the next part to come out. Can't say enough about that movie! I was not quite familiar with The Lord of the Rings, but now I am and this will be another movie that I'll be waiting for the next one (unlike Star Wars 4,5,6 )
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 04:58 PM   #13
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Yeah...can't wait for the second Matrix to come out. However, I don't think it can be as good as the first one.

I saw Two Towers on Wednesday night on the third showing. I stood in line with friends for about 45 minutes before they opened the theater. They had some Middle-Ages recreation group doing some queer fighting with big styrofoam "weapons". That was good for a few laughs. Seems like it would actually be fun except for the whole middle-ages costumes they were wearing...scarry.

Anyway, the theatre was packed, but it wasn't bad.

I thought the second Lord of the Rings rocked as well. However, I think I would have liked it better had I not read the book a couple of times. As it was, I seemed to always be comparing the two. It's hard to take such a complete, detailed, and complex story and break it into three seperate movies that have to stand alone. I definately look forward to the day when all three are out and can be seen together.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 05:22 PM   #14
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Saw it last week. Excellent. Better than the first, IMO. Can't wait for the Return of King, or whatever the 3rd one is called.

Thank god we didn't have any of those queer re-enactment fighters that nathan had. I would have cried from laughing hystarically. Some folks just go wayyyy to far with things like this.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:25 AM   #15
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
Saw it last week. Excellent. Better than the first, IMO. Can't wait for the Return of King, or whatever the 3rd one is called.

Thank god we didn't have any of those queer re-enactment fighters that nathan had. I would have cried from laughing hystarically. Some folks just go wayyyy to far with things like this.

E
*Slaps you with a styrofoam glove* You sirrrrr are challanged to a duel. Man I really need to get out of the house...
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 03:14 AM   #16
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I saw that movie last week and absolutely loved it. I didn't think i'd like the first one but i did even though it was kind of slow. The two towers was just plain awesome, worth every penny of the $8 i spent to see it.

To anyone who saw it, i think the "water" scene was AWESOME! (i don't think this will spoil it for people who haven't seen it), the last scenes were incredible and the visuals were flawless, it all looked real!

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote