MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-14-2002, 07:32 AM   #1
thdrcat
Registered Member

Cool a late introduction of me! [long, but good]

Howdy all!

I never fully introduced myself or introduced my car. So here we go:

As you can learn from either my website or my signature, my name is Robby. I am 20 years old and live in College Station Texas, Home of the Fighting Texas Aggies. I am about to start my last semester as a paramedic student. After that I hope to get a job with the College Station Fire Dept. I am also working on an AAS in Fire Science. I will hopefully be going to fire school within the next 2 years. As soon as my AAS is through I am planning to begin a BS in Digital Communications (web design) at Texas A&M.

The Car:

All my life I have been raised as worshiping the Chevy badge and praying to the Chevelle gods. When my father returned from Vietnam, he purchased a 1970 SS Chevelle. The thing about it was it was one of 18 Chevelle’s with the 375 HP 396 and the "L89" aluminum heads. Needless to say, he regrets trading it for a Pinto in 1977. (but that’s another story) About 2 years ago my younger brother bought a 1970 SS Chevelle to follow in dads footsteps. Those stories of laying rubber @ 70 mph were just too much for him.

Well, about a year ago I realized that I had the funds to upgrade my S-10. I began dreaming of cramming a 383 stroker between the fenders. I began studying the mechanics of racing and cars. In not too long at all I realized how utterly stupid it was to build up the truck. Trucks were NOT meant to be hot rods, it’s just that simple. I began the search for my hot rod. I obviously could not go for the Chevelle, as that that would be “copying” my little brother. (anyone with siblings know exactly what I am talking about.) I looked for a while at the Camaro, but decided that I didn’t like them. I then began looking at Trans AM’s. I decided I wanted a 1979 455 Trans AM. Soon I realized that they were a dime a dozen and too damned heavy to be a good drag/street car. I continued my search and decided I wanted a Charger, but alas…. It’s so damned hard to find parts for those things. Out of the blue something caught my eye. I saw a Mach 1. Now, I had seen many a mach 1 before this, but for some reason this was different. I began searching for mach 1’s and realized that it was not that hard to find them, but they were all overpriced. The only mach 1's out there are either rusted, mismatched pieces for $5000 or pristine, numbers matching, 50 miles on the thing for $30,000. One day I discovered a 1969 428 SCJ with the factory drag pack. I called and the old man wanted 5000$. It ran fine and was red with black interior. He said he had put it away years ago and now his wife was making him sell it. To make a long and complicated story short, it was in Alabama. In the 34 hours it took me to get there, he had already sold it. BASTARD.

My good friend you guys know as lay-n-rubber, trying to bring me out of my depression over losing the super snake, let me driver his car to lunch the next day. Now, I was aware 5.0’s existed, it’s just that they were too new of a car to have caught my attention earlier. 2 weeks later I bought my current car.

The ad claimed 1987 Mustang GT, Cobra wheels, J-Pipe, H-Pipe, Flowmasters, 5 spd manual, Black, $4900. Woohoo! That night my dad and I drove down to look at it. WHAT A PIECE! It's tachometer didn't work. The clutch was worn to less than nothing. The "cobra wheels" were not the 5 lug conversion to real cobra wheels I had expected. They were some generic POS cobra "brand" rims. The thing didn't start and had to be jumped. There were many other random things wrong. I offered $2000 just to have my search ended. The guy said he would think about it and countered the next day with $4000. I ended up paying $3000 including the TTL. He took his "cobra" wheels. No loss to me.

The car’s name is Muad'Dib which is taken from a set of good Sci-Fi books. The sleeper must awaken… heh.

Well, as it stands now, the car has a serious cancer problem, I have spent a lil over $2500 in upgrades and repairs, and all the @sshole dealer paid for was the title. (Which I JUST received.) By Monday, I will have taken it to get safety inspected and registered, so I can sell my truck. I hope I make it. I am running with no cats and no smog anything. Here are the pics:

click and all will be clear.
thdrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

The car doesn't look that bad.

Welcome aboard dude!!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 12:52 PM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

What the hell is a "J-pipe?"

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 04:05 PM   #4
thdrcat
Registered Member

aparently it is something to do with a turbo. whatever it is, there isn't one on the car. the dealer ad i are going to small claims court VERY soon. im sueing for about 500$. one good example what for it the SOB put 3 lug nuts on every wheel instead of 4.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:08 PM   #5
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: a late introduction of me! [long, but good]

Quote:
Originally posted by thdrcat
When my father returned from Vietnam, he purchased a 1970 SS Chevelle. The thing about it was it was one of 18 Chevelle’s with the 375 HP 396 and the "L89" aluminum heads.
My God I feel your fathers pain !! I was raised my entire life bleeding Ford blue, and if my son came home with a Camaro or Chevelle to build into a Hot Rod, I swear I'd go jump off a tall building !! lol
But your fathers pain is our gain ... welcome home son
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 04:14 PM   #6
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

It looks like it's in decent shape. I hope everything goes well and you get her fixed up real soon

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 03:16 AM   #7
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Hehe seems you got the right welcoming tcat And jebus keep me informed on half of this stuff I seem to be missing out of I mean the paintball gun exploding post and all hehe. Keep it up bro, see yah around. YAH Bulgarians!
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 10:48 AM   #8
93calcobra
Registered Member

welcome! get rid of that wheel lol
2003 lincoln ls
93calcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 02:59 PM   #9
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Are you planning on putting the back seats back in the car, or are you leaving them out. The car looks nice. At least the interior is clean. I had to buy seat covers because the "leather" or vinyl, whichever it was, is torn to shreds. It was actually embarrasing to have anyone look at the inside of the car. The carpet was stained and so was the plastic. All the carped is gone now, I now have floor mats only.
Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 05:04 PM   #10
thdrcat
Registered Member

im done. later tonight i will post finished pictures. wish me luck. im trying to get my car through inspection with no cats.