View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default Re: Lazer radar? how much time?

The ole LIDAR bit another victim, sorry to hear of the bad luck Rev. I could get into the principals of radar and Lidar (aka: laser radar), but I will just answer your question and try to keep it brief.

A Lidar detetor is good for one thing, telling you that you just got a ticket, before the cop has a chance too. The reason you do not have time to hit the brakes, is because the Laser beam moves at such great speeds and the beam is actually aimed at an individual car. With Lidar, the officer can shoot the car next to you, and your LASER detector will never go off. All in all, unless your reactions are quicker then a laser beam, the speed is locked before you have time to hit the pedal.

Pleading guilty with court costs IS kinda an easy way out for the law side of the ticket. You can try and fight it, but a Lidar gun is very accurate and hard to beat. If Texas is like IL, if you fight the ticket and lose, your fine is even higher due to the use of the courts time.

No offense taken here. Sorry to hear you got a ticket, non of us ever like to get them, including us boys in blue.

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote