MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
bailey_57
Registered Member

Default leave it to ford to piss me off

As if it wasn't bad enough for me to have to weather the storm from 1993-2003 when ford finally made something with balls to compete with chevy. To completely alienate all of its fans after all the bonehead decisions they've made in the last couple years they are now take legal action over the trademark name. Anyone else as pissed as I am?
performer rpm intake, performer rpm cylinder heads, fms e-303 cam, kirban adj fp regulator, holley 65mm tb, harland sharp 1.6 roller rockers, alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears (283 rwhp, 303 rwtq new numbers with new heads)
bailey_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: leave it to ford to piss me off

Yeah, you wouldnt think they would spend the money going to court with all these companies when they are pretty much giving ford free advertising. Plus Fords finances arent that great at this point.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
lugthug713
95 GTS 5.0

what name are they fighting over?

Hey bailey so how the ol Bulldawgs doing these days. when I was like 12 they were playing for states but havnt heard anything out them in a long time
lugthug713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down Re: leave it to ford to piss me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugthug713
what name are they fighting over?
Mustang.

Ford claims (with a straight face) that they don't want 'the public' to 'confuse' aftermarket suppliers, magazines and websites using the 'Mustang' name and think (horrors!) that these businesses are somehow 'connected' (legally/officially) with Ford.

At this point, Ford can go squat for all I care. This is just flat-out, arrogant corporate stupidity, taking proprietary rights to an absurd degree. I believe it will do Ford a lot more harm than good in the long run. Unfortunately, in the short run, not only aftermarket suppliers but 'Mustang' magazines and even Mustang-specific websites like this one will have to fold up under threat of lawsuits because the sacred 'Mustang' name is being used.

Oh, Ford has a helpful suggestion: call your magazine or your website something like 'Classic Car' - specializing in the you-know-what marque. Hey Ford: just go bankrupt and get it over with, please. and shove your suggestions. Morons.

After this kick in the nuts to all the Mustang aftermarket suppliers, magazines and websites that kept the now-'sacred' Mustang name alive for years while Ford was churning out poorly made, boring cars and selling them to unsuspecting buyers based on the Mustang's past glories, I no longer give a rap about the company and would not care one bit if it went out of business. However, my '90 Mustang LX 5.0 - that I proudly owned for 15 years - remains a fond memory.

Last edited by Mr 5 0; 01-08-2007 at 03:57 PM..
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
bailey_57
Registered Member

is this website going to fold up? i mean those gm LS cars are looking a whole lot better every day. I know thats blasphemy! Its probably just anger speaking. Oh and for the record the Dawgs finished 4-6 this year. Our coach of 35 years left to go coach our rival team last year. Nice right. Oh well the times they are a changin. When Toyota buys Ford and slaps the Ford badge on their Tundra and Camry, will they at least fire all the a##holes causing the problems. Imagine the mustang and supra being built on the same platform. Just more food for thought.
performer rpm intake, performer rpm cylinder heads, fms e-303 cam, kirban adj fp regulator, holley 65mm tb, harland sharp 1.6 roller rockers, alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears (283 rwhp, 303 rwtq new numbers with new heads)
bailey_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
lugthug713
95 GTS 5.0

o man dont talk like that. The supra is a cool car but not that cool to be made with the mustang

U mean that fat bastard left. Thats messed up. Im originally from Unityville out near Millville. I went to school at hughesville we played football against southern columbia lost every time. but ya my aunt lives in Berwick. Im just in the military thats why I dont live there any more.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
lugthug713
95 GTS 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
Mustang.

Ford claims (with a straight face) that they don't want 'the public' to 'confuse' aftermarket suppliers, magazines and websites using the 'Mustang' name and think (horrors!) that these businesses are somehow 'connected' (legally/officially) with Ford.

At this point, Ford can go squat for all I care. This is just flat-out, arrogant corporate stupidity, taking proprietary rights to an absurd degree. I believe it will do Ford a lot more harm than good in the long run. Unfortunately, in the short run, not only aftermarket suppliers but 'Mustang' magazines and even Mustang-specific websites like this one will have to fold up under threat of lawsuits because the sacred 'Mustang' name is being used.

Oh, Ford has a helpful suggestion: call your magazine or your website something like 'Classic Car' - specializing in the you-know-what marque. Hey Ford: just go bankrupt and get it over with, please. and shove your suggestions. Morons.

After this kick in the nuts to all the Mustang aftermarket suppliers, magazines and websites that kept the now-'sacred' Mustang name alive for years while Ford was churning out poorly made, boring cars and selling them to unsuspecting buyers based on the Mustang's past glories, I no longer give a rap about the company and would not care one bit if it went out of business. However, my '90 Mustang LX 5.0 - that I proudly owned for 15 years - remains a fond memory.

They could come up with names like 5.slow the Rustang magazine
I like mustangs but FORD SUCKS. they can make a family car that last to save their lives. American car companys cant do it. Makebe thats why people but imports. I had an eclipse that was more reliable then my mustang and was just as fast drove smoother. I dont blame people for spending their money on something that they know will last. I made 5 times back and forth from Shreveport LA to Hughesville PA and never broke down then my brother bought it and did the trip not 1 problem. My mustang I bought in SC and went to drive it back to Shreveport and it broke down. So honestly I dont care about ford.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: