MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Life part 2

I don't know if any of you watch Penn and Teller's show named, "Bullshit", but it just went off. It's a half hour based show in which they try to show arguements for and against whatever the given subject is. Good show. It's on Showtime. Check it out.

Anyway, thier show tonight was about the Bible, which is why I am posting again about this subject.

They gave me some fodder for an arguement about whether or not the Bible is the word of God or the work of man. I learned that during the same time that Jesus was walking the Earth, there were other so called Messiah's walking the Earth doing the same things Christ was doing. Healing the sick, raising the dead, walking through walls, and so on. Unfortuneately I can't remember some of the names, but there is written proof of them.

Back to the homosexual debate, sortof. In the same chapter sevral verses away from the verse that condems homosexual activity is another verse tell us to stone our children if they do not listen to thier parents. People pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to believe, and don't hand me the crap about our society not condoning this stuff. If you believed the Bible to be word for word the Will of God, you had beeter live by it, right?

Yeah, like I have said, the Bible is a good book, but not much more than that. God does exist, Jesus did walk the Earth, He is the Son of God, but then again, aren't we all children of God?

Stop wasting your time trying to figure out the bible, and start living your life. Live as you were meant to live. Excersice what the creators of the bible did, free will.

In truth, I believe in Predestination. To a certain extent..... Who ever reads this, was meant to read it, I was meant to write it. Who ever posts on here, had no other choice than to post. You can only post. nd what you post was already decided.

A little to much Matrix Revolutions for you? Me too.....but it's true. You can only do what you were meant to do. No more, no less. Sucks huh?

Did you know that the Bible has a certain number of people that it says will go into heaven? I'm not about to read the whole Bible just to find that one little pharse, but I have read it before. I'll try to find it. So, if there is a set number of people going to heaven, because God knows what you will and will not do, then isn't that predestination?

Also, there is now evidence that Moses didn't cross the "RED" Sea, but that he crossed the "REED" Sea. Basically, it's a marsh, that when the winds blow froma certain direction for more than a few days, drys up.

Biblical Historians are the ones to blame for this story, not atheist. So what we have is, instead of the miracle of the Red sea parting to save Moses an the Hebrews, we have the picture of a bunch of Hebrews being saved because a marsh was dry......

So.....God didn't part the Red Sea? Then that means the Bible isn't an exact truth. It was exaggerated. Go figure.