View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 09:18 PM   #17
StangFlyer
Founder

Unhappy Lightning Damage Update

lx mike - yes, that's about the only good thing thus far I can say about the incident. At least somehow or another the word got back to the garage manager that a valet DID do the damage. However, me finding out about it on my own and being able to report it BEFORE I left was only a stroke of luck. I know that they did not call me on purpose, because their policy is that even if your vehicle is damaged, if you do not report it BEFORE you MOVE your vehicle they will not be held liable (so I'm told).

I also found out from various employees at the company that several other people have had their cars damaged by valet's there too, and gotten screwed out of being paid for it because they moved their vehicle before they noticed. One lady there it turns out is currently in a law suit with the company that owns the garage because they wouldn't pay for $900 worth of damage they did to her car! So, we'll just have to wait and see how they handle this in my case, and whether or not I have any problems with them over it.

Regardless, here is the damage photo and I've also attached a pic of the Lightning in the driveway...

Btw: Here's also a link to a snapshot I took of my Mustang next to it...
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote