MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2002, 01:32 PM   #21
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

That Sucks. I remember the whole fat lady incident too.

The valet company sure as hell better pick up the deductable and all costs for this mistake. That BS "if you move your car clause" sucks too. It is a good thing you saw it before hand.

Good Luck!

This reminds me of a valet type thing(not really an incedent) in early March when my girlfriend and I went to Chicago for a couple days for spring break. We took her car, since mine was still in storage. At the hotel we stayed at downtown, they had a valet service which you had to use to get your car parked. Her car isn't anything special, just a 1993 4-door Pontiac Sunbird with 100,000+ miles on it, but it is a reliable, albeit cheaply made car.

Anyway, she was even a little uncomfortable with the idea of someone else driving her car and said to me " What if we had taken your car?" I didn't even want to think about some valet driving my Mustang in downtown Chicago traffic. I don't even like it when my parents drive my car. I think my dad has only driven it 3 times, my mom twice, and my girlfriend twice(only once on her own), and all those times made me uncomfortable.

Add that to the fact that I asked the valets if we could get the car out for the day ourselves and they said, No. They explained they were the only ones with access to the secure parking garage underneath the John Hancock building and no one else was allowed in. WTF? I know you don't want the riff-raff wandering through, scoping out cars to steal, but if it's my damn car in there I want to be able to access it. Plus, it cost $32 per night just for parking. I'm never doing that again. From now on, I'll get a hotel in the burbs and drive to Chicago for the day.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote