MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2002, 01:32 PM   #21
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

That Sucks. I remember the whole fat lady incident too.

The valet company sure as hell better pick up the deductable and all costs for this mistake. That BS "if you move your car clause" sucks too. It is a good thing you saw it before hand.

Good Luck!

This reminds me of a valet type thing(not really an incedent) in early March when my girlfriend and I went to Chicago for a couple days for spring break. We took her car, since mine was still in storage. At the hotel we stayed at downtown, they had a valet service which you had to use to get your car parked. Her car isn't anything special, just a 1993 4-door Pontiac Sunbird with 100,000+ miles on it, but it is a reliable, albeit cheaply made car.

Anyway, she was even a little uncomfortable with the idea of someone else driving her car and said to me " What if we had taken your car?" I didn't even want to think about some valet driving my Mustang in downtown Chicago traffic. I don't even like it when my parents drive my car. I think my dad has only driven it 3 times, my mom twice, and my girlfriend twice(only once on her own), and all those times made me uncomfortable.

Add that to the fact that I asked the valets if we could get the car out for the day ourselves and they said, No. They explained they were the only ones with access to the secure parking garage underneath the John Hancock building and no one else was allowed in. WTF? I know you don't want the riff-raff wandering through, scoping out cars to steal, but if it's my damn car in there I want to be able to access it. Plus, it cost $32 per night just for parking. I'm never doing that again. From now on, I'll get a hotel in the burbs and drive to Chicago for the day.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 03:34 PM   #22
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

Originally posted by MTU 50

That Sucks. I remember the whole fat lady incident too.

Sure does but sometimes it falls that way. Life isn't fair but as Dan mentioned, what goes around comes around and I believe that because I've seen it happen, only sometimes it takes years.

it cost $32 per night just for parking. I'm never doing that again. From now on, I'll get a hotel in the burbs and drive to Chicago for the day.

We live and learn. Get a hotel/motel outside of the city you're visiting and save big bucks on not only the hotel but the parking, too. I always do this when traveling unless someone else is picking up the tab (employer).
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 09:27 PM   #23
moc
Registered Member

Thumbs down Yea i remember

dam that sucks,i remember that story .boy it never ends huh.
sorry to hear that. thats why my truck never anything but my garage. took it out tonight ,95 % out ..smoked everything that tried. and put it back in the garage.. gotta love them
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 10:50 PM   #24
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

I know EXACTLY how you feel Dan!!!

Sorry to hear about it...

I've had the same problems with both my car and my truck, you can't own or drive anything nice without some idiot banging their flocking doors into your nice ride.

It's a shame...

People like that should be executed. That would eliminate that problem

later

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 12:05 PM   #25
2001 Roush Vert
Registered Member

Default Damage to your Vehicle

When someone bashes their dood into your car get their insurance, registration and license just like you got into an accident with the person. You in fact have. Their car hit yours and caused damage to your car. If they wont give it to you, gt the license number and call the police and get a police report done. If someone damages your car they should pay to get it fixed.

Now the valet parking garage is a different matter. When you hand your keys to a valet a "bailment" is created and they are responsible for all damage notwithstanding any language on the parking ticket about them not being responsible. Make them fix it and if they do not go to small claims court. You do not have to put up with people messing with you.
2001 Roush Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 01:06 PM   #26
Tod
Registered Member

jeez man, it's stories like the ones in here that always make me think twice about where i park. i try to avoid mini-vans and "family" cars at all cost. i've witnessed a couple times when the little brats come running out of the store with their parents, swing the doors open and ding the heck out of the vehicle next to them, and the parents don't even care! that and those morons who just swing open the door and not really look how close the person beside them is, either because they're in a hurry or they're brain-dead.

that's why i'll park in the middle of nowhere once i get my new hood and touch-up this summer. i've got my share of dings as well. some people just don't care/realize how important these vehicles are to us.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:15 PM   #27
Godslayer
Registered Member

Default my idea...

Dan, even though you had to eat the $400 caused by that biatch I would have definitely done something to get even.

One time I was sitting in my car (87GT) in the school parking lot doing some reading. When this guy and his apparent g/f, or as I like to refer to her; worthless gutterwhore, pulled into the spot next to me in a ~98 Celica (riced out of course). She proceeded to forcefully "fling" her car door open and into my door. My car shook from the impact which to me would cause even the most oblivious person to look up. My windows were down and I had music playing so it was ridiculously obvious that I was there. Neither she nor her boyfriend made any attempt to apologize, and in fact didn't even bother to look over at me or that car. So naturally I was highly irritated.

I waited for them to leave then I got out to examine my car to which there was only slightly noticeable paint scratching. I then went over to the car and pressed as hard as I could and dragged the biggest key I had from just behind his headlight to about halfway though the passenger door. It made the most atrocious sound I had ever heard and went straight down to the metal At this point I was satisfyed with my revenge and moved my car to a distant parking space.

People who have no respect for their own property, let alone yours, are all too common. I know it was actually the g/f that commited the act but I consider the b/f to be an accessory because of his lack of remorse and concern.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:57 PM   #28
Mach 1
Registered Member

Its just a fact of life that cars will get dings and dented, scratches, etc...

If you choose to drive an expensive car, you are not exempt from this anymore than anybody else.

Such is life. Choose wisely
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 06:32 PM   #29
1fastchick
Registered Member

One thing I found out when I had my 96gt was no matter how far away and in the middle of no where I parked some jack *** would park near/next to me.........can someone explain that?? its one thing when its a nice car/truck another when its the family beat up mini van =\

www.cycleforums.com

1968 Fastback "Gidget"
1fastchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 07:18 PM   #30
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Sorry to hear about your luck, Dan.
Speaking of trying to park AWAY from everyone. I don't think it does make that much of a difference. Sometime I think it's just destiny.
In the 96-97 time frame, I was working for Winn Dixie. I was a bagboy there and of course a shopping cart gatherer. LOL One day it was real windy (a storm was moving in), and way back in the very back of the parking lot set what looked to be a brand new Vette. Well believe it or not, I saw the shopping cart that was destined for that Vette and I tell you it wasn't pretty. The cart had to have gotten up to 15-20 mph LOL. It was moving, slammed right into the side of that Vette. I could just imagine the words that guys was spitting out his mouth when he saw the damage. It actually cracked the fiberglass on the right fender!
It seems to me the only way to prevent this stuff is to store your car in YOUR garage if your privaliged enough to have one.
Just 2 weeks ago, my car set outside looking beautiful like she always does. I went to school and a little storm moved in. It was just a bunch of rain at school so I didn't think nothing of it. Well I get home to pick my daughter up from the in-laws and she tells me "It just got done hailing over here, It came down for about 20 minutes non stop". She said that she looked outside and golf ball size hail was all over the ground, on the porch, everywhere. I was pissed because I already new what to expect when I got home. Well it wasn't till the next afternoon that I saw the damage. I got little dents everwhere now! I just hate this crap, between mother nature and stupid people, you just can't win.

Later James
2 Ch Flowmasters

1/8th ET 9.04
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:38 PM   #31
The Fireman
Registered Member

I remember when that woman hit your truck, and to find out that it's got mess up again makes me sick! Hearing things like this reminds me why I NEVER let anyone drive my Mustang. I hope that you have better luck in the future, and that the people who screwed it up get whats coming to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!