MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-02-2001, 02:07 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Cool Embarrasing Moment from a while back. Thought I had won a Million Smackers!

I just thought back to a pretty embarrasing moment I had once, thought I'd share it with you all incase you need a smile or laugh today. This happened about 5 years back, maybe even longer ago, cant quite remember when, but it was when Taco Bell had that Batman game going on.

I was horribly mislead by Taco Bells commercials about the contest. They showed someone peeling off a sticker off the side of there cup and it showed Bruce Wayne. It said if you see Bruce Waynes Picture your an instant winner, then it flashed the figure of a Million dollars on the screen.

Well oneday when I was up in PA visiting my dad and friends, we went to Taco Bell. I ordered a large drink and some soft tacos. While standing in line waiting for my food, they gave me my cup to fill up. I peelled the sticker off and saw Bruce Waynes picture and thought I won A million smackers.

Oh my god, I screamed like a little girl, and about passed out. My friends asked what was wrong. I told them I had JUST WON A MILLION DOLLARS. I yelled and screamed and tried to do cart wheels.

Everyone else got real excited and started clapping there hands and yelling also. I jumped up and down and yelled "Holy Sh$t I'm rich, I'm a millionare" several thousand times. Everyone got real excited, even the employees started shouting and stuff.

THEN, one of the girls behind the counter (who was really cute) asked if she could see the game piece. I caught my breath for a minute, my mind rushing with thoughts of 65 Shelby GT 350's, K Code 65 coupes, 1969 boss 302's and 429s, nice house for my family. New car for my grandparents, and about a family who had just lost everything in a Christmas eve Fire (this was around christmass time).

After a few more moments of cheering and jumping up and down and a few more cartwheels, I showed the Cashier my piece. Her face got real pinched for a second and then got real pale, then she tried to control a laugh.

She looked up at me, and said "sir......SIR...Ummmmm.....Calm down......You won ahhhhh.....Free cinamin Twist."

Still all hyped up. I didnt quite catch what she had said. SHe repeated herself and it hit me. I didnt believe her, so I took my game piece back and read the bottom. there in very small type it read "Instant winner. One free order of Cinamin Twists."

My friends read it over my shoulder and dropped to the floor laughing there A$$es off. Then everyone else started laughing so hard they were crying. The employess even dropped to the floor laughing.

She asked if I wanted my Twists while laughing so hard she could barely breath. OF course I said 'Hell NO."

My friends still laugh about that one, I dont look at those stupid game pieces anymore when one of the fast food joints has those games.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 07:39 AM   #2
lindsayg
Registered Member

I loved your story and pictured the comotion.We had acompetition here in Australia for Mc Donalds and a heap of people won all sorts of things like cars, trips to Disneyland etc, only to find out the competition was a previous one and the stores involved had not withdrawn all the dockets.It even went to court as people sued Mc Donalds,Mc Donalds won the case.
lindsayg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 08:19 AM   #3
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

That has to be the single funniest thing I have ever heard!!
Sorry it came at your expense, but damn funny!
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 09:16 AM   #4
Stefan
Registered Member

Cool

Well, thanks. I just spit Coke all over my keyboard laughing so hard. OMG that story just made my day. I can see that being a lost Seinfeld episode with George jumping around whooping it up. Sorry for the embarrasment but that has to be one of the funniest things i've ever heard

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 10:52 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Talking

LOL.... hehehehe I'll bet ya read allll that fine print now, don't ya??

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 12:38 PM   #6
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Funny story man...

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 12:54 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

LOL!!!!

There was no getting out of that! If you had read the cup in the middle, maybe you could have stopped the embarrassment, but hoooo..

Bet that Taco Bell doesn't get much of your business anymore to this day, hahahahaha!

I'd never be able to go back, hehe! D
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 11:20 PM   #8
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I dont play those games anymore, I just throw the crap away But thanks to that incident I read ALL fine print. Now I look back at that and laugh, but at the time I felt really dumb, and kinda mad.

I swear I need to write comedys, seems like I'm always in the wrong place at the right time. Or somethings always happening to me.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 05:03 AM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

Wow, talk about counting yours eggs before they hatch! Need to relax my man, always verify before celebrating...lol...great story though.

Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: