MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-25-2002, 02:20 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Red face What I thought was a prank call...wasnt..

One of my Old terminal managers, who got promoted onto a bigger facility, is a practical joker. He's always prank calling me late at night, and throwing me a curve.

Well Last week, I got back at him and another one of my old managers by pranking them.

I pretended to be this really slow, rather dim-witted, redneck, and called the guy in the Raliegh Facility. I told him I put an application in and I was told to call him. I told him the manger of the Greenville SC terminal told me to call him.

Confusion persued. The manger in Raliegh spent like 10 minutes trying to explain that he couldnt hire me for the SC terminal, because he was in Raliegh. I asked why the SC manger would be in Raliegh, and the manager started getting confused.

I told him they siad they'd over look my "Record" because I could lift heavy stuff, because I use to wrestle Horses on the Farm back at home.

He asked "Record....Ummmm..What kind of record?" real nervous like.

I told him Bob Lazano (My fake name) was busted for picking up a Lady of the Night, when all Bob thought she wanted was a ride into town. I told him Bob got stuck for two days in jail because his dads truck broke down on the way to town to post his bail.

Then he gave me the run around, and I pretended to flip out, and started exploding. Everything got real quite. Then I borke in with a Redneck voice of Rage.."Man....Do you know a guy named Damien". It was great...After a long pause..He said "Oh my god Scooter, you got me. Gesh...You really got me.. I owe you."

Well, here were things get interesting. Two days later, I'm getting my paper work ready before I start my sort, and the phone rings. The other manger answers the phone, make a few weird expressions and tells the guy to hold on a second. He tells me I have a phone call and runs off.

I figured it was a customer service call, we always pawn them off on one another. He laughs as he runs out of the room. I pick up the phone, and hear this real Raspy, low voice. It sounded alot like the manager in Raleigh trying to disguise his voice. So I was pretty...Umm....Rude to say the least.

The guy said his name was Bill Lumbar (From Office Space) and that he wanted his package delivered to him NOW. I asked him what his address was and didnt recognize it, so I asked him what state and city. He told me Texas. I knew then it was the guy from Raliegh.

I was like, "Well Mr Jack A**. Arent you the bright one, this is Fayetteville NC. We cant exactly help you out."

The guy started caughing and hacking some more, his voice became real hard to understand. It sounded like the guy (Whom I thought was the Raliegh manager) was trying not to laugh, and disguising it.

When he finished I said "Sir are you done dying yet. Thats kinda gross."

He began to explain he had to stick his finger in his throat to talk, and he was sorry it was hard to understand him. (I never make fun of Handi cap people, my sister is handi cap, and it disgusts me to see handi cap people made fun off or picked on.)

He talks some more, then starts hacking.. Then explains again. He mumbles on and on for a minute, and explains once more that he has to stick his finger in his throat to talk better.

I tell him...With the other manager there (Whom thought it was the raliegh guy also). "Man why dont you take that finger out of your throat and stick it up your A**....Maybe you'll talk better then."

The said "Common Mike, I know its you, give it up, you'll have to try harder than that." Then hung up.

5 minutes later the phone rang again, I answered and it was Bill Lumbar again. He asked for my terminal manager. I told the TM he had a phone call and it was Mike from Raleigh just goofing around. Well comes to be that it was an actuall customer in Texas who had called 6 times prior that day. He kept calling the wrong place.

I felt so bad when I found out it was a customer. I mean I told a handi cap dude to stick his finger in his butt to talk better.....

I told my TM what happened, and all he did was kinda shake his head and laugh. The guy surpsingly didnt call in a complaint. I'm so surprised. I wanted to call the guy back and apologize, but didnt have the customers number.

Gesh, I learned my lesson there.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:33 PM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

damn dude u have the craziest stuff happen to u. That is a kinda funny story. I would feel bad if i was u too though. My mom works with handicapped people i know how that goes.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:39 PM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

*Josh, trying not to laugh*

It's ok man sometimes we all make mistak..BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......*snicker* ....dang man I almost got it out......*snicker*.......Ok, ok let me try again....It's Ok ma....AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHHAHA.........nop e sorry I just can't*snicker* do it.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:46 PM   #4
mustangdani55
Registered Member

SCOOTER???!!!???
Let me guess, your nickname is Scooter..hehe
Hope ya didn't get in trouble. Although it is pretty darn funny, and 69fastback is right..weirdest things happen to you Damien.

*me lmfao*
Old 01-25-2002, 03:26 PM   #5
PKRWUD

Dude, you need to write for Readers Digest.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:27 PM   #6
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default MAN

It sounds much better in person when he does his redneck voice and his other voices. He told me budman94gt the groper tim c and 92rs350 that story 2 saturday's ago at dinner. And not to mention budmans little problem with the bucs and the waitress.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 06:10 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yeah, I can tell my adventures much better in person. I also could of done a better job of writing it out if I wasnt so pressed for time.

The other managers are still laughing about it. 2 weeks and still no complaint made about it.

Yep, Scooter is one of my many nick names at work. I'm also known as Larry, Jed, Little Sexy, and Dee Love. Used to be called Radar because I have excellent hearing when I want to at work.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 06:35 PM   #8
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

There is a comedian named "Roy D mercer" if you never heard any of his stuff, you need to, he prank calls people, he's a redneck, but the way he tells people "you ever had an *** whippin" its hilarious, anyway, i dont mean that was funny, i would feel bad a little while, but then i would get over it.
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:39 AM   #9
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

lol another one of Mecury's crazy adventures. lol I bet you turned red after that. lol Don't worry it's just a lesson to get Caller ID.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:33 AM   #10
Capri306

Okay, Merc, you now have to buy me a new keyboard. I just spit Coke all over it after reading that!!!!!!!!

Man, you have the weirdest stuff happen to you. Your grandkids are gonna have the best time when they ask you for stories!!!

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: