MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-22-2001, 10:45 AM   #1
82 GT
Import Slayer

Post locked my keys in the car!!

Don't ask how but I managed to lock my car keys in my car!!
Does anyone know a trick to get inside a car with power locks and windows?
To make matters even worse, those are my spare keys locked in there because I lost the first set and never made more spares.
When you guys get finished laughing your asses off do you think you could offer some advice for me. I don't want to call a locksmith unless I REALLY have to.
This SUCKS!!

------------------
'82 GT 351W C-4,BBK headers,Carter 625 carb,Comp.Cam,Flowmaster exhaust.
1988 GT...T-5,bone stock
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 11:14 AM   #2
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

see if you can find an old car antenna and a wooden wedge......try to wedge the wooden wedge in between the door and the car(at the top of the door torwards the back usually that rim around the window will give a little)then try to get the antenna down in and push the lock button.......antenna works good becouse it is stiff and bendable if you can't find one coat hanger will work to.....if you can't get lock button then go for the door handle on the opposit side of the car(when you pull it it will unlock door).......if you can't get that then try for the window handle(somtimes you can work it back and forth and get window rolled down enough to reach in)......just try not to bend door open to much (just enough to get antenna or coat hanger in)

------------------
old guy with 87 gt....well not so old guy
87gt,T top -155,000 on odometer-mods-2 1/2 ex,cold air(home made),adj.clutch 5.0 shifter,kyb shocks,and a stereo that can overcome the wind noise at 100 mph with the T tops off(he he)......also got/78,6banger,mustang/80 capri(future project)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 12:03 PM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Smile

Hi. Had the same thing happen to me when a bunch of was were hanging at a friends house. A few of fell asleep,the top was down, and it looked like rain. "The Mustang Fairy", moved the Cobra in the Garage, and put the top up on Topless, unfortunately, when he did, he locked my keys in the car. Someone came by w/ a slim-Jim, they dropped it IN the car. He ended up using a CB antenna to slide in the window and hit the button. He said he was surprised it the window didn't break. It worked,but I do have some scratches on my tint. THats okay though. I didn't find out about this till about 3 days later. We had no Clue. We laugh about it now.

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 01:07 PM   #4
jimberg
Registered Member

Well, if you have time enough to post a message, take your title to a dealership and give them your VIN. They can cut a key for you. At least Pontiac was able to do that for me in the 80s when I got a new steering column with a different ignition switch and no keys. I just gave them the receipt with the VIN of the car off which it came showing them that I legally purchased it.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 01:42 PM   #5
82 GT
Import Slayer

I got it opened! I wedged a pair of pliers between the door and car just like OLD GUY said and used a coat hanger to hit the unlock button.
My friend came by just as I went outside to do try it and helped me do it.
What happened was I worked all day yesterday AND last night as well and must have been so tired and not paying attention when I got of the car and forgot the keys in the ignition.
I also had to climb through a screen window to get into the house. I figured I would make a post here and worry about it later after I got some much needed sleep.
Thanks guys for the help
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 10:30 PM   #6
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Yea I woulda said the same thing...locked keys in my 86 Cougar one time...one person held the top lip above window away from car as much as possible and we got a coat hanger and made a loop on the end..slid it down and over the handle and twisted and pulled handle and voila...gotta love fords...can't pull that trick on my Lincoln cus it has gutters above door but you know keyless entry works pretty easy
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 02:56 AM   #7
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Man, I have done that before. Don't you just hate when you lose your regular and then lock your spares in the car! That's good you got it out though. Justin.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 01:47 PM   #8
btr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jimberg:
Well, if you have time enough to post a message, take your title to a dealership and give them your VIN. They can cut a key for you. At least Pontiac was able to do that for me in the 80s when I got a new steering column with a different ignition switch and no keys. I just gave them the receipt with the VIN of the car off which it came showing them that I legally purchased it.

My friend's mom got a set of keys for his truck by having the dealership make them. I remember it really pissed him off that she had a set of key to his truck.
btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 02:20 PM   #9
LincoConti87
Registered Member

I wouldn't care if my parents had keys to my cars cus we all kinda share...but if they went to the dealer with out askin me that would kinda suck
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 02:40 PM   #10
Cindy
Registered Member

Thumbs down

When i lock myself out of my truck, I use some sort of wedge on the top of the door to give me some space. Then i insert a strong wire to go inside the door and push on the power button that opens the door.

Good luck! At least that is not as embarrassing as I have heard of someone who did a burnout on the track and was told to shut down cause of oil on the track. He got out of his car and locked his keys inside. haha

Cindy Crawford
Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 02:43 PM   #11
Cindy
Registered Member

Wow, when i first posted this there were no answers to his questions. Now all of these, thats why my post wouldnt go thru i guess cause other people were posting. Strange...
Cindy
Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 10:30 AM   #12
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Yeah, a fox body is so easy to get into! locked my door key in one time, all I had to do wuz pull back the top window frame and tap the powerlock with a coathanger

So much for cheaper insurance!
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 02:42 AM   #13
Snakeman
Registered Member

Talking

I locked my keys in the car with the motor running when i was at the track once...

fortunately they had a slim jim!

------------------
Rob Wegner
90LX
Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: