View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 05:07 PM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Unhappy long past 24hours, dad went to hospital...

I originally wasn't coming home this weekend...but I got a phone call around 5pm yesterday from my older brother (who was home this weekend) saying that my dad was int he hospital...(imagine those being the first words of the conversation )...so then explained that while he was on the bobcat (were in the process of clearing out a LOT of scrubbrush in the front yard) he ran through a bee's nest and one of them stung him in the side of the head...he managed to get back to the house from the road (a good 100ft or so) and then started passing out and was unconscience for a little, my mom called 911, EMTs showed up, (he was back awake by then), they took his blood pressure (which was surprising very normal 128/78 or something, and he smokes everyday, has 3 kids a wife, and is a computer programmer)...he had a severe allergic reaction to the bee sting, and the next one will be worse..so now he has one of those pens that you jab into your leg whne you get stung...wee..so I said to my brothe orn the phone that I was on my way back, he told me to hang tight for 30min or so to unwind and get more details...i got a call from my younger brother (also at home) and he said that my dad was doing fine, he was on his way home by that point and that I didnt need to come home....i told them too bad, grabbed my toothbrush, some clothes and took off for home...i was going kinda quick, i tend not to speed excessively, so i was doing about 85mph most of the way...took about 2 1/2 hours to get back (rather good time)...its a 200mile drive...so I showed up around 8:30....my dad was just a little wobbly from the drugs at the hospital, but he was pretty much like normal...so i was up til about 2:30 talking with them and such (my mom loves seeing me come back) and I got up at 7:3 this morning to take my younger brother to school (because I'm a nice older brother like that and he hardly sees me anymore)...and i was back on the road at noon...got back here around 3...then after unpacking my car had a 4pm class to get to....so im exhausted...and the forum has been so busy in the past 24hours! yikes!...

I just felt like sharing all this....there was no way I wasnt going back , cuz if I was in the hospital for any reason even for an hour or two, theyd be up here for me....sometimes its nice having a close family

great way to put 400miles on your car in a day too...lol

-Jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote