View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: are long tube headers legal in texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Just make sure your cats are intact, your smog equipment is functional, and you pass the sniffer....

I think FatOeknee has an older Stang ('65?). They are exempt from the smog test in Tx. You do have to maintain the original smog equipment, but that's only the PCV valve on these old Stangs. It's really just a saftey check for anything 25 yrs.old or more here in Tx. to get a sticker.

Still not sure if the long tubes are technically legal or not on the old Stangs. The original Shelby GT 350's did use the Tri-Y's as original equipment on the street versions, and they certainly were legal as original equipment, so they still should be, at least for the Shelby's.

As mentioned earlier, I've never been questioned about the headers. Most of the mechanic inspectors that examine my car seem more interested that it's more or less a hot rod rather than to nit pick about after market parts. They do still insist that all saftey related parts are installed and in good working order just as they should do.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote