MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-04-2001, 10:03 AM   #1
rbatson

Cool Love to grill out (recipe inside)

I love to cook on the grill, the warm weather just makes it that much nicer. I found this recipe for spicy grilled fries a couple years ago and thought you guys might like it.

What you need:
4 medium baking potatoes,scrubbed (about 1.5#)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon freshly gound black pepper

Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2x1/2 inch sticks. Combine potatoes, oil, and lemon juice in large, resealable plastic bag; toss to coat.

In small bowl combine seasoned salt, cumin, and black pepper to make seasoning mix. Set aside.

Place potatoes in center of cooking grate. Grill 12-15 minutes or until tender, turning twice during grilling time. Remove from grill and sprinkle with seasoning mix; mix lightly.

Makes 4 servings.

These fries are great, although I myself like a bit more seasoning salt and cumin.

We also eat alot of steaks around here and I've found that marinating them, in Jack Daniels or Crown Royal, the night before gives them a good flavor.

Anyone else have a good recipe?

Happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2001, 10:16 AM   #2
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up

YUMMY!!! Sounds great!!!! Great recipe. Have to try it.... Have a good one...Topless (I'll take the Crown Royal!)

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 12:02 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

awesome i will have to try it.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 12:38 PM   #4
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Cool

OH YEAH! Now your talking my language!!

This goes well on any kind of beef, but i prefer serloin or london broil myself.

(marinade for about 4 steaks)

1/4 cup steak sauce( i prefer london pub)
2 tbl sp brown sugar
1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
~ 1/2 bottle lime margeritta

pound steaks with flat edge of chefs knife briefly to loosen the muscle fibers( this helps it soak up the juices)
place meats in large plastic bag with marinade, let sit for at least 20 minutes. I prefer over night.

Place steaks over high heat for ~2 minutes with a 1/2 teaspoon of butter, NOT MARGERINE, on uncooked portion to melt. repeat other side. After searing, turn to low heat and let cook for ~12 minutes for medium. ( this is for ~ an inch thick cut)

In pan on stove, saute sweet onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms in teaspoon butter.

Place on steak and stuff face. Don't forget the beer! putting mushrooms on the steak as it is cooking the second side works great as well. Sorry so long.

WANT MORE? JUST ASK.

Light Em Up!!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 12:54 PM   #5
rbatson

Talking

HAHA.. Topless! You marinade the steaks, not yourself... though I've been known to do both

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 07-04-2001).]
Old 07-04-2001, 11:10 PM   #6
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson:
HAHA.. Topless! You marinade the steaks, not yourself... though I've been known to do both

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 07-04-2001).]
Hey! Me and my steaks get marinaded equally!!! I've got a great recipe for a Corn casserole thats really easy, and everybody loves. Also I can make a JAM UP stuffed jalepeno. I'll post them sometime in the next couple of days!! Hope everyone had a good 4th. I did. Very RELAXING!!!!

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Old 07-06-2001, 07:52 PM   #7
rbatson

Wink

NoSlow5.0, thanks for the recipe on the steak. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I definitely will.. cayenne pepper eh, I love hot stuff.. try some worcestershire sauce and your favorite hot sauce(we use cholua) with the onions, peppers and mushrooms while sauting, thats some good stuff. Never heard of london pub sauce tho..

Com'n guys, I was hoping to get more ideas for the grill. I know some of you probably have some get grilling recipes/tips. Hook me up! ...please
Old 07-06-2001, 09:27 PM   #8
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

We grill out all the time at work. Mostly, we just go to the store and get whatever suits our fancy. Sometimes steak, sometimes chicken, or even pork chops. Whatever we get we always use the same recipe. Buy a bunch of Tabasco, any kind of Halbanero sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and beer. Cover meat with a little of each ingredient before, during, and after cooking and enjoy. MMMMMM!!!

Now, lemme see Martha Stuart top that. HA!

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

My Stang Page
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 11:18 PM   #9
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Cool

No prob rbatson!

Here's one for you pork chop lovers!

1/2 cup red whine vinegar
1/4 sugar
1 tblsp whole BLACK pepper corns (u can use white if you want a little more heat but less pepper flavour)
1 large mango, peeled and pureed
olive oil salt
pork!

reduce vinegar, sugar and pepercorns until slightly thickened in a sauce pan( stir continuously). strain into bowl and wisk in mango puree. brush pork chops w/ olive oil on both sides and season with salt.grill on each side for 5 mins for medium doneness. remove and slather with glaze!

I know I know! Vinegar and mango? Trust me, they compliment each other perfectaly. This is one of my favorite pork dishes. enjoy.

Light Em Up!!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 11:56 PM   #10
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool

Topless' Stuffed Jalapenos'
6 cans of Faro HALVED mild peppers
2-3 pkg. cream cheese.(depends on consistency you like)
2 cans of Crown Prince Crab meat
1 (or 2) cans Tiny Shrimp.
REAL bacon bits.
rinse peppers and carrots and stuff out of the can in cold water for a few minutes.
Combine Cream Cheese,Crab,Shrimp and 1/2 bacon bits and stir together wei. Stuff pepper halves, and layer top w/ onions and carrots out of the Pepper cans, and sprinkle tops w/ more bacon bits. Everyone lovess these!

------------------

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: