MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-11-2001, 02:21 AM   #1
Power
Registered Member

Post LS1.COM

Ive noticed on the ls1 website there is all kind of mustang guys over there bs'ing with the chevy guys about american muscle and friendly races ,etc. I find it interesting that ford guys are over there talking and being friendly but I haven't seen any chevy guys over here chatting about anything. Any ideas why?? And if there are chevy guys here I apologize, im fairly new to the board and haven't met any of you yet.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 07:32 AM   #2
exgmguy
Registered Member

There is a lot of fighting over there. Kinda like a car accident. You have just gotta look. Camaroz28.com has a lot of Mustang guys there too.

There are a few GM guys that post here and they are pretty cool. If we had posts in the kill section that sad "Walked a slow a$$ LS1 again..", or "Killed a Camaro..why do they still try?" like LS1.com often has we would have a lot more GM guys visiting.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:34 AM   #3
hehhehmule
Registered Member

I actually joined LS1.com a pretty good while back. I never go there, because it just isn't my cup of tea. I DO however frequent Z28.com. It's a little more edgy than mstgwrks, but occaisionally that can be a good thing. However for my money (and this is just a personal preference, not a slam) LS1 goes a bit far sometimes. All that being said, I think when you get to the heart of it, and eliminate all the mines bigger than yours bs, most car folks can find common ground and benefit from one another.
hehhehmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:24 PM   #4
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

hehe.. we're here

ls1.. im not too fond of them

cz28.. s'where i spend most of my time, there and our msg board Speed Connection

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:36 PM   #5
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Nice site SkarodoM.

Think I might sign up... what's up with the url though?

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 10:50 AM   #6
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

whats up with the url? eh? Link works...

Its just something that another guy and i set up because we got tired of sites like www.speedmagazine.com where ignorance reigns supreme.. heh I mean.. its just a group of enthusiasts, who can respect each other. Hehe.. the ppl who try to be jackasses get banned eventually. We're happy with the lil msg board, everyone respects each other.. our safe haven hehe

Phil
Jerico Performance
Old 03-14-2001, 11:31 PM   #7
White5.0
Registered Member

Exclamation

look on clubsi.com theres more mustang guys on there than on this site. that site is nothing but BS ! they all lie
White5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 01:46 AM   #8
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Hey SkarodoM, where you at in Charlotte? Ever go to Mooresville? It would be nice to chat with a fellow member, besides the wife. Maybe we could have a friendly little race at M'ville drag way. Either way, Nice to see you here.

------------------
The Black Mamba 11.2@124
94 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 02:02 AM   #9
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

Hey =)

Im bout 8minutes north of UNCC in Concord actually. Up 29N til the first light after ya pass the speedway. Right at that one and a couple of miles down Pitts School and on the left at Jerico Performance Products. Or poplar tent rd. exit on 85N.. right off the offramp, right at light, and Jerico is bout 2miles down road on the right, sign with chrome letters.

I posted something along the lines of that when i saw you were from around here in one of the older topics =)

Ill probably be out there this saturday with Brooke from New Age Motorsports trying to figure out my car since i just got done with alot of work. I'll be in a black 94 stock (looking hehe) z28 with the Al 5spokes off the t/a's. Ive got a big 4" mufflex with dual 3" outs but im not running the tips.. that, the wheels and the small white 'New Age Motorsports' decal at the top of the back glass should be enough to recognize me. Brooke'll be in a burgundy/purplish Z with drag lites.

If ya wanna try to meet up there or anywhere/anytime then mail phil@jericoperformance.com Im bout always bored and dont really know of anyone local that ever does anything re cars etc. =)

Phil
Jerico Performance
Old 03-15-2001, 02:09 AM   #10
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Sweet! I won't be able to make it this week end, going on honeymoon, but I'll be there next week end. hey, who nows, I might drop by next week to see you. Gotta scope out the Brand X guys, and what they have you know! lol

Just curious, I'm looking for a new job, any chance Jerico is hiring? No biggie if not. Like I was saying, just wondering.
Old 03-15-2001, 05:32 AM   #11
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

ROB!!! EXGMGUY! Hey I've been waiting for you to surface again.. I wanted your input on my dyno #'s... did you read the posts yet?

SKy

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, 2 1/4" exhaust, and 4.10's.
332RWHP@5500
351RWTQ@3750
Runs on 87 Octane!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 11:06 AM   #12
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

Cobra

hehe.. hiring.. i dont believe that were currently LOOKING for anyone.... i guess you could fill out an application if you wanted to. We do keep them on file for awhile.

Two weeks almost til you can hit the track? heeehehe.. excellent.. should have blower back by then ; ]

Brand-X? You KNOW it, just look at the stupid grin plastered on my mug =P

mail me sometime, or even call down here 704-782-4343 and ask for me.. today and tomorrow i'll be doing.. nothing, boss is gone

laters

Phil
Jerico Performance

[This message has been edited by SkarodoM (edited 03-15-2001).]
Old 03-15-2001, 03:42 PM   #13
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Hey, I got one of those! Well, sort of. Mine's a Vortech! 14#'s of boost baby! Gotta love it!
No sweat, like I was saying, just being curious. So, two weeks from now, we go to M'ville? Kool!