View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Mac vs. PC, what do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxmon View Post
Wondering what everybody else here uses, Im a pretty big PC fan, but I use Macs at school all the time (Mass Communications Major) and have slowly been getting used to them. Right now Im actually trying to get OSX (Leopard) to run on my PC If I can get the hacked version to run I might actually go buy a genuine version of Leopard, since I can get it fairly cheap through school. (About 115) My brother got his PC to run OSX, but I guess he couldnt get the internet to work. Quite a few people are doing this it seems, you can build a PC to run OSX just as well as a $2k Mac Pro for half price. With my PC ive gotten it to the install screen of OSX, but still cant get it to find my Hard Drive.
The following article may help you if you're having problems. I don't think you can really call it Mac vs. PC anymore. The Macintosh is really just a PC with a different O/S. They both use x86 coded instructions now, and the major differences have really been reduced to the motherboards. Anyway, I think this is Windows vs. gOS vs. OSX now, and Windows is losing ground to both. Unless Windows 7, which is supposed to come out next year to replace Vista is a hit, I t hink Windows is done. I'll be continuing to monitor gOS, which was developed by Everex & Google by working with the open source OS, Linux. By the way, gOS doesn't stand for "Google OS" it stands for "good OS." Wal Mart has already sold gPCs or PCs that were specifically developed with the gOS on them. Later they began selling the MyMiniPC targeted specifically at myspace users.

How To: Install OS X on Your Hackintosh PC, No Hacking Required
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote