MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
musrcng
Registered Member

Default Mach 1?

Before I start can I ask your age? you seem like an older rigid man or a young opinionated fool. I have been enjoying this website when I can on and off for the last six years and I have seen the way you tend to think. I am 35 and have been raised in a Ford hosuehold. You didn't mod your car unless it mean't more speed. I have had my run in's with the civic's with a fart can and four hundred pound's of body kit added and I always laughed at them. I never attacked anyone for the car they drove though and it makes me wonder why I have given as much of my life to serve my country so I can protect the freedoms ignorant people like you seem to fluant everyday. You had no reason to go after CupCake like that and if you don't like what she doe's with her car than don't read her posts. When I chose to spend 18 months in Kuwait and Iraq I did it for the people like CupCake who are expressing their individuality not for some guy who has nothing better to do with his life then down others. And you want to talk about ricers look at you a 2006 nissan titan, please I have a 95 Ford F-150 basic two wheel drive 5.0 I pulled 9,000 pound tow weight 1200 miles from Chicago to Savanah GA and went the back roads through the mountains in GA and not a problem. Lets see your nissan do a comparable trip NOT!! I mean you and no-one any disrepect, I just think you go to far sometimes and you need a little perspective.
musrcng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Mach 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musrcng
Before I start can I ask your age? you seem like an older rigid man or a young opinionated fool. I have been enjoying this website when I can on and off for the last six years and I have seen the way you tend to think. I am 35 and have been raised in a Ford hosuehold. You didn't mod your car unless it mean't more speed. I have had my run in's with the civic's with a fart can and four hundred pound's of body kit added and I always laughed at them. I never attacked anyone for the car they drove though and it makes me wonder why I have given as much of my life to serve my country so I can protect the freedoms ignorant people like you seem to fluant everyday. You had no reason to go after CupCake like that and if you don't like what she doe's with her car than don't read her posts. When I chose to spend 18 months in Kuwait and Iraq I did it for the people like CupCake who are expressing their individuality not for some guy who has nothing better to do with his life then down others. And you want to talk about ricers look at you a 2006 nissan titan, please I have a 95 Ford F-150 basic two wheel drive 5.0 I pulled 9,000 pound tow weight 1200 miles from Chicago to Savanah GA and went the back roads through the mountains in GA and not a problem. Lets see your nissan do a comparable trip NOT!! I mean you and no-one any disrepect, I just think you go to far sometimes and you need a little perspective.
Are you seriously calling somebody out on this board because they have an opinion? People are absolutely entitled to their own opinions, flexible or inflexible, intelligent or stupid as they may be. By the way, Mach 1 has spent his time in the military (possibly still there currently?), too, so you can get down off your high horse there. In addition, he's somewhere around your age, if I remember right.

Regardless, comparing a 1995 Ford F-150 5.0L with a 185hp @ 3800rpm and 270ft/lb @ 2400rpm to a 2006 Nissan Titan 5.6L 305hp @ 4900rpm 379lb/ft @ 3600rpm isn't really all that fair. The Nissan was actually designed to tow a load like that (9500lbs rated), where you were exceeding the manufacturers maximum rated towing capacity by probably 60-80%. Bottom line, the Nissan was designed to turn your epic towing adventure into a Sunday drive, well, somewhat.

Anyway, at this point you're pretty much calling the kettle black. Blasting Mach 1 for his opinions is right along the same lines as Mach 1 blasting CupCake for hers.

If you want to support a member in what they believe, feel free, but just know every time you "call somebody out," you run the risk of being a little embarrassed when your perceptions or arguments turn out to be inaccurate.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

Hey, let's not insult us inflexible old geezers. You'll never get into the O.B.C. (old bastards club) that way, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I don't think any of it would have started if the thread had stayed on topic.

Instead of useful information helping the thread starter. People ( not just here ) feel the need make fun of something or someone for whatever reasons.

There are, many different reasons people do this. One, they don't have a answer because they don't know, and feel the need to post something as if their contributing. They are contributing, ( conributing to the destruction of a legit question.)

I agree it got out of hand. I also think a moderator should have steered it back on topic. And I also think I should be Superman.

Instead of bashing a [girl] and her car, start a new thread about Neon lights. Then bash the lights, or answer her question and move on. Pretty simple.

I will join in bashing so im not always perfect. Especially a picture of a Honda or even a domestic car. I don't bash fellow members no matter what.

I guess im in the Older ridgid group
Old 04-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Savanah GA not a bad town but I sure didn't like being in 3rd ID singing that damn song everyday sure did suck. I was happy to get out of there.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302
Are you seriously calling somebody out on this board because they have an opinion? People are absolutely entitled to their own opinions, flexible or inflexible, intelligent or stupid as they may be. By the way, Mach 1 has spent his time in the military (possibly still there currently?), too, so you can get down off your high horse there. In addition, he's somewhere around your age, if I remember right.

Regardless, comparing a 1995 Ford F-150 5.0L with a 185hp @ 3800rpm and 270ft/lb @ 2400rpm to a 2006 Nissan Titan 5.6L 305hp @ 4900rpm 379lb/ft @ 3600rpm isn't really all that fair. The Nissan was actually designed to tow a load like that (9500lbs rated), where you were exceeding the manufacturers maximum rated towing capacity by probably 60-80%. Bottom line, the Nissan was designed to turn your epic towing adventure into a Sunday drive, well, somewhat.

Anyway, at this point you're pretty much calling the kettle black. Blasting Mach 1 for his opinions is right along the same lines as Mach 1 blasting CupCake for hers.

If you want to support a member in what they believe, feel free, but just know every time you "call somebody out," you run the risk of being a little embarrassed when your perceptions or arguments turn out to be inaccurate.
Thank you Unit! I dont believe I could have said it any better myself!

And yes, i still hate neon lights and will convey my opinion whenever I feel like it. I guess my 19+ years of serving my country gives me that right.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:41 AM   #7
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musrcng
I have had my run in's with the civic's with a fart can and four hundred pound's of body kit added and I always laughed at them. .
So you laugh at them behind their back. I have enough balls to do it to thier face. Thats the difference between you and me. Enough said.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: