Thread: Mach 1?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default Re: Mach 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302
Are you seriously calling somebody out on this board because they have an opinion? People are absolutely entitled to their own opinions, flexible or inflexible, intelligent or stupid as they may be. By the way, Mach 1 has spent his time in the military (possibly still there currently?), too, so you can get down off your high horse there. In addition, he's somewhere around your age, if I remember right.

Regardless, comparing a 1995 Ford F-150 5.0L with a 185hp @ 3800rpm and 270ft/lb @ 2400rpm to a 2006 Nissan Titan 5.6L 305hp @ 4900rpm 379lb/ft @ 3600rpm isn't really all that fair. The Nissan was actually designed to tow a load like that (9500lbs rated), where you were exceeding the manufacturers maximum rated towing capacity by probably 60-80%. Bottom line, the Nissan was designed to turn your epic towing adventure into a Sunday drive, well, somewhat.

Anyway, at this point you're pretty much calling the kettle black. Blasting Mach 1 for his opinions is right along the same lines as Mach 1 blasting CupCake for hers.

If you want to support a member in what they believe, feel free, but just know every time you "call somebody out," you run the risk of being a little embarrassed when your perceptions or arguments turn out to be inaccurate.
Thank you Unit! I dont believe I could have said it any better myself!

And yes, i still hate neon lights and will convey my opinion whenever I feel like it. I guess my 19+ years of serving my country gives me that right.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote