MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-26-2003, 01:15 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Man, I Hate BS.

Perhaps I'm just venting because someone struck a nerve with me, but one thing that sets me off, one thing that totally starts the boiling proccess in my blood stream is BS! So This may sound Juvenille, but I have almost no tolerance for BS.

Here in Fayetteville there is this charector, well call him Bullitt, who's soul purpose in life seems to be to lie, lie, and BS. Funny thing is the guy doesnt even know enough automotive jargon, or principles to BS good! And here he is trying to BS people who grew up with Cars, Racing, and wrenches.

At First it just tickled my humor bone and caused me to chuckle. But when he actually found a hord of people more ignorant than he to Be-Dazzle with the flowing rivers of BS that pour from his mouth....Thats when it went from amusement, to anger.

This Bullitt chap drives of course.....A Bullitt GT (GT...He tried to convince people that it came with all kinds of Cobra and Saleen Engine stuff from the factory....Tried telling people it has a Saleen Max Grip Rear end, and a 4340 Forged Steel Crank, Special Ported and Polished 2V heads with half a point higher compression, and that its got its own special cams....All Factory ......) He doesnt even have any of that crap on his car from the aftermarket!

People actually believed him, one guy even went as far to Buy a Bullitt because of this moron. For which he ended up somewhat dissapointed. Of course to keep his own cars eclusivity, he informed the guy that his car was a turd because it was made after #1200.

ARGH....I'm getting mad even talking about it.

Well, Anyway, the new BS that has been passed through the Grape Vine is that his car is in the shop being converted to a 9 second ride. Yeah, this guy claimed about 10 months ago that he had True Blue build him a Stroker and he hadnt had it "Tuned" yet. Said it would run low 12's. Well, I handed him his lunch and butt many of times in my 2000 GT before it blew up.

Then through a few contacts and True Blue, and associated friends.....found out this Guy, Bullitt, was of course....lying.

Anyway, Bullitt claims a company called Janis (Or Jenis, possible spelling Janice) is building his Bullitt GT into a 9 second car.

Has Anyone heard of a Race Shop called Janis (Or something to that sound)? Its nothing Local around here. The only thing I could find was a Formula Chassis building place, and some Horse Racing thingy.

This kid (He's actually same age as me....26) BS's so much, and I'm sick of it. He convinces people that I'm slow (My Stang has turned in a faster time stock than he has modified, and I've whopped on him on the street), that my friend Tim C is slow (His Fairlane is capable of running 11's), and tried to get some short, squat, dumb MFer to itimidate me and my friends. (Who, when finally confronted and stood up to became a big stuttering moron, especially when I challenged his mental capacity to understand things).

Argh....Sorry guys I'm just venting. I hate BS, and how it spreads so quickly amongst people who know no better. I cant wait for him to get his crap back on the road (Actuallity is he probably has it at the dealership to get the tranny fixed and found out after they tore it apart, that his warranty was void.....hehehehehe)
So I can take him out to the cleaners in my 2000 GT, and if he is building a lets say....11 sec car....I'll still take him in the Model A.

Okay, I'm feeling a little better now, my blood pressure has dropped. Sorry about the inmature post guys...just venting.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation There's one in every crowd

Mercury:

I think we all can understand where you're coming from on this. I know I can. Been there, done that. At some point, if you've already beaten his sorry butt on the street, with witnesses, all you can do is remind his admirers of that fact and keep challenging him to race you (again) - or STFU. Don't allow a BS'er to get you crazy as they are always around, especially in 'car' circles, where BSing is the norm and bench racing is the national pastime. What you're basically saying is: Put up or Shut up and that's the best response to BS - and not letting it get too personal which leads to fights and sometimes worse. 'Bullitt' is a jerk and full of it. Make him prove his brags and putdowns of your car(s). End of story.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:08 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

Default As usual....

As usual, good advice from Mr 5 0. Great to see some MW veterans here.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

"he informed the guy that his car was a turd because it was made after #1200"

At that point, I had to take a deep breath, and close my eyes for a few moments.

I can understand what you are saying about it first being funny but now making you angry. Don't let it get to you too much though. Cause at least you know you are secure in what you know. This guy obviously isn't since he must make up stories to make himself feel good or accepted. I don't know what separates this guy from your typical riceboy
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 08:50 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

merc, if your 2k cant make the show, tell mr bullchitt, i will bring mine!, heheheheh

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:12 PM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I'll have my 2000 GT done here shortly, just waiting on a few parts from Ford. Had a big falling out with them, called and logged all kinds of complaints against Crown Ford...Hell I even made formal complaints about people that didnt work there.

Fought and fought with the Dealership, exchanged some rather pleasant terms, then called Ford...Fought for over a month, to no avail, so I picked up my Car, engine and parts and took it to the house. And just ordered a whole new engine from them.

Hopefully this one was like the one that orginally came in the car, potent. Either way, I know when it gets done, his wont be anywhere to be found..Maybe in his garage.

I'm gonna call him out, thats a given.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 08:31 PM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
I'll have my 2000 GT done here shortly, just waiting on a few parts from Ford. Had a big falling out with them, called and logged all kinds of complaints against Crown Ford...Hell I even made formal complaints about people that didnt work there.

Fought and fought with the Dealership, exchanged some rather pleasant terms, then called Ford...Fought for over a month, to no avail, so I picked up my Car, engine and parts and took it to the house. And just ordered a whole new engine from them.

Hopefully this one was like the one that orginally came in the car, potent. Either way, I know when it gets done, his wont be anywhere to be found..Maybe in his garage.

I'm gonna call him out, thats a given.
well you know as southerner's everyone else wont understand this, skit em boy, lol, l8ter dude, hey mr 50 good to see you post again.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote