View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 08:29 AM   #7
MEDIK418
Registered Member

I saw this yesterday and the first thing that came to mind is that this moron is pretty much saying that this generation of young people and their parents are afraid of conflict and that they would run from a fight if it meant having to make a stand. He is typical of the liberal wimps that permiate Washington and 49.9 percent of the rest of the country. Hell,. . . let's form a committe first, see if we can buy our way out of the mess. If we can't do that let's show how compassionate we are and make a formal protest of the cruel actions we might perpetrate in the land of sand. Sanctions will work . . .won't they?
Get ole Pup Daschle outside and see if we can use his big flappy mouth to undermine the efforts of the military by making Iraq think the whole country is opposed to any type of military action. What's that. . can't get the weasel out from under the porch?.. .oh well. Even ole Slick Willie is in favor of rooting out Mr. Raghead Hoosane and sending him to an island somewhere in the south Pacific.
Now that I've got that out of my craw,
I'm not for any kind of military action anywhere. Period. There's other ways to deal with the likes of Sadman. I don't always get my way though. My oldest son is a Marine now and I find myself hoping my ideas on what we need to do in Iraq (or anywhere else for that matter) aren't aimed in the wrong direction because I stand to lose something I have my entire being invested in, my son. I also know how devastating it would be for him if I didn't support what he is and what that might stand for, or lead to.
Would the draft make me less willing to stand and fight? No. I volunteered to serve in the Army in 1972, war notwithstanding, and there are hundreds of thousands of kids in the military today who knew there was a good chance we would end up in some kind of mess before they got out. Right now the Marines are graduating close to a thousand kids a month from Boot camp and do you figure they all think there wasn't going to be a war on the horizon?
I think Mr Rangel should take another look at the kids today and come up with another reason to make us run and hide. I have every faith in the generation who's going to have to do our fighting for us and it's high time crap like him start to think it as well. I'm not foolish enough to think there won't be some folks who wouldnt' want to fight a war and I respect that. Rangel is even going so far as proposing we conscript kids who don't want to fight into a period of slavery to make sure everyone gets drafted for something. Who is going to pay for that? We are having a tough time payng for the troops we have, what happens when he drafts thousands more just for the sake of drafting them?
Let's see, isn't that kinda like communism? Slavery Light? "The new order of conscripted servants"
I'll shut up now. And for those who are wondering, I do have another son who is of draft age and yes he's threatening to join. I can promise anyone who wonders, that if the draft appears, he'll join before it happens. I don't like it much, but I'll support him just the same. Lots of prayers and lots of hope. What more can you do?
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote