MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2002, 01:56 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Unhappy Marya (FireBird Girl) Vanished without a trace.

Okay, This is not a complaint, or me whining about relationship problems. This is me, worried about someones well bieng and safety.

I havent talked to her for a week and some. I've sent her e-mails and got no response, left a message later last week on her message machine at work. No reply. Thought she might be upset and or stressed, so I sent her a bouquet of flowers to her work place Friday.

Got no Thank You call, Friday or Saturday, which I thought was rude. Last time I talked to her everything seemed good. My friend Sam (The Groper) is a member of the FireBird Club, and he tried calling her back. She had called him the Saturday prior, but he wasnt home, and we think she tried calling me while we were out Saturday. He assumed she was calling him to talk about me, and ask questions about me, thats the only thing he said he could think of.

Well he tried calling her back, and then called me and asked to try calling her. I did, her house number was disconnected, and her Cell Phone number came up as invalid (I had called her many of times before, and talked to her on both).

We went and talked to some of her friends, THey hadnt heard from her in a long while. Said they tried calling, and got the same thing.

Sam, stopped by her Apartment to see why she had called that Saturday, and her car was sitting outside (Her only Vehicle) and there were no lights, no nothing. He said her car looked like it had been sitting for a long while.

She's as bad as me about keeping her "Baby" clean and shiny. And she loves driving as much as I do.

Sunday he stopped back by three times. Samething..Nothing. Car outside, no one home. No daughter, no baby sitter, no nothing. Monday, Same thing. And when she has her daughter baby sat, the baby sitter always goes over Marya's and watches her daughter there.

I think she may of had a family emergency and had to leave the country (She's from teh Fillipines, and has family in Canada.) with her daughter.

I would ask the gate gaurd (She lives in a gated community) if he knows anything, but I dont want to pry or raise suspicion on myself. None of her friends, or I know where she is, or what the situation is. Now were all getting worried because its been a week and a half since anyone has last heard from her.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:08 PM   #2
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Sounds like what you said...something immediately came up and she didn't have a chance to tell anyone. I guess there's nothing you can really do...just wait until she calls or writes or something.

However, the phone deal sounds creepy...even though it being shut off obviously means that she intended on being away for an extended period of time, so I would take that as a good sign .

Not to pry, but are you two an item? If not, that's probably why she didn't call. She may only have had time to call family etc. I know you're worried, and I hope she turns up soon. Keep us posted!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:16 PM   #3
Coupe Devil

Everything Belle said. She'll turn up soon. Dont worry.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:21 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yeah, I'm trying to think realistically instead of like the A-Typical Guy. At first I was kinda hurt that she didnt call me, but I looked at things realistically and understand.

My mom said the phone in my room rang several times through the night that Saturday. She doesnt believe in leaving messages, like most people. All of my friends that have that number were with me, except for her.

Sam is the only other trust worthy friend she has (He's the one that kinda introduced us and got things going).

She hasnt known me long enough to put alot of trust in me. Everyone knows we have something going on, but its just in the early development stages.

About the phones bieng disconnected, I thought the same thing, but another possibility is she was deliquent on her payments. I wont go into detail because that kinda personal stuff. But she gets real busy with her accounting bussiness, and wrapped up in its bills, on paperwork and sometimes she loses her own personal bills in a pile.

I could do some invistagting with the connections I have, but I feel that would be serouisly misusing them, and I dont want to pry to much. People need there privacy.

With all the Nut Cases in Fayetteville, and our Crime Rate, and some of the horrendous things that have went on here, I worry though. A pretty, well-off, single mom that doesnt have many friends would be an easy target. Especailly since she works at the court house.
Old 01-22-2002, 02:34 PM   #5
mustangdani55
Registered Member

I'll be prayin for her safe return Damien..
Old 01-22-2002, 03:11 PM   #6
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

That sounds scary, don't worry bud I'm sure she is safe, try asking any neighbours? I'm pretty sure if you explain your situation they will understand your just a concerned friend. Hope she is safe, my prayers are with her.

Take Care,
§am

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:03 PM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Question Mysterious disappearance

Mercury:

This is a very strange situation and one you should be concerned about.

Something is wrong here.

A fastidious person like Marya wouldn't fail to show up at her business - or her home - leave her pampered vehicle outside for days on end and have all of her phones disconnected for no good reason.

She has a business, a nice residence, good car, etc. No one simply leaves those things behind on a whim. The fact that she has a child is what makes this disappearance even more perplexing. Very mysterious, to say the least.

Out of genuine concern, I would cease being so protective of her 'privacy' and start using some of your resources to get more information. Anything is possible.

Marya may have simply skipped out due to mounting debt (improbable, but not totally impossible), had immigration problems you didn't know about (why would you?), was called away on a family emergency (as you postulated) or perhaps there was some kind of foul play involved. All options have to be considered here, even the worst ones.

I would try to find out what happened to the flowers she had delivered to her business address.
Did she sign for them? Who took them? The florist may have some sort of record of this.

Where is the child? Did Marya contact the baby-sitter and cancel? Who cancelled the phone service? Lots of questions that need answers so if you have any contacts that could help provide them, I wouldn't hesitate to call on those folks, but of course, do so discreetly and in a way that it wouldn't get back to Marya, if at all possible.

If it looks like you have real reason to suspect something bad happened, you can go to the police and ask them to do some checking, but you'll need solid evidence, not speculation. As long as Marya isn't suspected of a crime the police won't do much just because she disappeared, although the circumstances do seem weird - and the sudden nature of her disappearance is very troubling, to say the least.

I can think of some really awful scenarios that I won't even get into here as it would serve no purpose right now but I do think you should put aside worries about prying and try to (discreetly) find out what happened to her.

If it turns out to be a simple explanation, fine. She should be impressed with your concern; after all, you're not stalking her. Her sudden disappearence is a legitimate cause for your concern. You care about what happens to her.

If she just wanted to get away or had some family emergency, your relief would be palpable and I'll bet that Marya would be really touched by your concern for her well-being. Most women would, as long as you don't do anything to make problems for her in the process.

In any event I urge you do what you reasonably (and legally) can to get to the bottom of this mystery. Hopefully she'll turn up at home soon and the mystery will be over.

Please keep us informed.

By the way Merc; Never let it be said that you lead a dull life.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:42 PM   #8
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Mercury, I hope she is all right somthing is not right that is For sure And if she is all right like Mr. 5.0 said Marya would be really touched by your concern for her well-being. Do what you can with in reson to Find out, Whats UP.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:49 PM   #9
srv1
Get down.....

Question Detective...

Hey; we all know you're concerned. Thats good.
I would ask the gatekeeper. What if something happened to her in her apartment? I don't think its wrong to worry about another individual. I would assume she left the country. If she did leave, how did she get to the airport? Taxi? A friend? Talk to her babysitter, maybe she would know something.

I know this may sound low to some of you; but if I were in your shoes and you want to find out if she is ignoring you (or MIA) put a piece of Scotch tape on the top of her door. Check it later in the week. I know that sounds strange but in a situation like this - it could help out.

Other than that, its most likely a legitimite excuse so I wouldn't worry about it for the moment. See how long goes by - then make your decision on the facts that you do know.

I hope she's O.K!
Old 01-22-2002, 06:52 PM   #10
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Question

Merc; I agree with Mr 5 0; something doesn't sound right about this. I would try checking into it more.

Dude, your luck is about like mine. It's very strange for someone to just disappear though with no word at all.

Good luck to you, I hope you find out something soon.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:33 PM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Okay. I called the Florist. They checked there records and could only tell me someone with the intials LR intialed for them. So she wasnt there to take them. I asked to speak to the person that delivered them, and he couldnt remember crap.

I drove by her place, and checked it out as much as I could with out looking supicious myself. Her nieghbors didnt appear to be home.

Car was filthy, and has not been driven for a while. I gatherd that from looking at the amount of crap and dirt on her windshield, and the fact that it was in the same EXACT spot for the few days prior.

No one home, no lights, no TV on.My next step is to ask my friends who are probabtion officers who work at the court house, and see what they can find out.

I also looked into the funeral habits for some of the asian cultures (In case she did have a family emergency) and some can take 10 days to 2 weeks. So it not like the 3 day thing that we have in america.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:29 AM   #12
mustangdani55
Registered Member

Merc...

I think it is time for you to start thinking about talking to your friends (cop) and try yo find out something to ease your mind. You gotta be goin nuts by now. I would not leave one thing to chance..Do what everyone here has said. I think there is something goin on, and she might really could use you..if you can locate her. Go to the manager at her apartment and let them know of your concern, unless you think that is too bold. I don't.

I have been praying for her to return. Hoping by now that she had shown back up with some sort of explanation. Keep tryin to find her Damien.. It is really important for you to do that, for your peice of mind. Been there, Done that. Good Luck
Old 01-24-2002, 10:48 AM   #13
Mr 5 0

Question The plot thickens

Mercury:

Thanks for the update.

Now you know that Marya wasn't around as early as last Friday. It's a start.

Finding out who called to order the phones disconnected would be worthwhile - if you can get the information. I know that my cell-phone company (AT&T) requires a personal password to do anything, for what that's worth.

I find the fact that her phones were disconnected very odd. If you or I were called away suddenly for a two or even a three-week absence, would we go to all the trouble of having our phone service suspended or terminated? I doubt it. That would mean that she would have to go to all the trouble of having everything re-connected at a later date, possibly necessitating being assigned new numbers (always a hassle). Odd.

Add to that fact that we have to believe Marya took the time and trouble of having her telephone service disconnected (while being in a rush to leave) but left her otherwise well-cared-for Firebird sitting outside in the driveway instead of taking the 60 seconds it may have taken to drive it in to a garage. Doesn't fit.

Was her child in school? Public, private or nursery school? Who took him/her out?

I would ask your probation department friends what you can find out from public records and of course, what they can find out with their enhanced legal authority.

Immigration records would be very helpful as they might give you a lead to her family in the Phillipines. Not sure what you could do with that except to see where it takes you.

What about her business? Does she have any employees or was she a sole owner? If she had clients, what happened to them? Did she call them or send them an e-mails letting them know she would be unavailable or what? Worth checking.

I would keep discreetly watching the house and doing what you can to find out more.

Thanks again for keeping us informed. This is a fascinating little mystery that I sincerely hope has a happy ending where all is simply explained and you and Marya are reunited.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:14 PM   #14
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I placed a few calls to my old employees that work for the county. One of them is even real real close to the Mayor of the City, I should know something by tommorrow. I told them the situation, and let them know I was just concerned about her well bieng, and not trying to pry or snoop.

I know I can trust them, were not friends really per say, they used to work for me and all left on good terms.

Next step, if they come back and say she never gave any notice to work about her absence, is to contact my friend the Fayetteville City Police Officer.

I wont have any luck with the phone company. I tried that once before along time ago. My one Ex-Girlfriend ran away from home, and called me from several diffrent phones during the course of her time away from home. No phone Company was coperative, no matter what approach I tried. I didnt involve any of my friends though. Although I was able to figure out what public phones she had used, and the times. No pattern to them, and they werent even close by one another, so I couldnt really pinpoint a location. Dang that was like 5 1/2 years ago.

That was not great. I had the police breathing down my neck then. They thought I knew where she was, even a Private Investigator was scoping me out.

I did my own investigating, and got more done than they did. Made me look real supicious though. This is another reason why I'm worried, I'm not sure if they have that kinda crap on file. But I had nothing to do with her(My one Ex) running away either. Nor did I know where my ex ran off to, other than it was in Fayetteville.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:19 PM   #15
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

wow good luck merc this just all sounds too wierd, i hope you find out something real soon , good luck

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:03 PM   #16
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

whoa....

Anyways, I think that you have done almost all that you can to try to find her, but yer probably not the only one that is concerned and trying to locate her. Perhaps her family (if they dont know where she is) and close friends that you probably don't know.

With the information you submitted in the last post, I really wouldn't dig any deeper, or you might find yourself knee deep in trouble. Stalking laws, as Mr. 5.0 said, are so strict nowadays you don't really know what could happen. Good luck, and once again I hope she turns up.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:12 PM   #17
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Not to seem like a jerk, but maybe she is trying to avoid you? Sounds all too much like she is.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:17 PM   #18
Mr 5 0

Question Searchin' ('gonna find her')

Mercury:

Thanks again for the information. Looks like you're on the right track.

I wouldn't worry too much about looking 'suspicious'. Although you had a bad experience once trying to find someone, that was five years ago and you did nothing wrong. This is different.

Marya is an adult, not some runaway teenager, and you're no longer a teenager, either. It's an adult situation and you're not doing anything wrong. No stalking or harrassment here. The woman you know (albeit casually) has seemingly disappeared into thin air with no word, no trace and she left some rather suspicious clues behind, like the shut-off telephone (home and cell) and leaving her normally-protected car outside.

All valid reasons for your concern and as the days go by with no word from her and nothing changes in the situation, your curiosity - not to mention your apprehension - should be mounting.

You're doing the right thing. Keep digging.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:29 PM   #19
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Well, I just said that because there are MANY people (especially men) nowadays that do nothing wrong, and still get pinned with a bad rap, and it pisses me right off

I've had several friends that were sold up the river based on a woman's word ALONE...so I guess I'm real wary as a result of those experiences. Do what it takes to help you sleep better at night, but just be careful.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:21 PM   #20
Mr 5 0

Question Marya mystery disappearance

1BAD89:

No way is this woman simply trying to avoid Mercury. She could do that with a phone call. He's been a perfect gentleman with her and has done nothing to harrass her in any way, shape or form up to the time of her disappearance.

She hasn't shown up at her business or her home for almost a week, her phones are shut off and her good car sits outside, untouched while her home stays dark and still, no word from her.

Now, she may have simply had to leave suddenly for some unknown reason with no real drama involved but abandoning your home, your business, your late-model car just to avoid some guy you've only known casually? I can't see it unless he had harrassed and badly frightened Marya, in which case she could have had him arrested long before going to all this trouble. It wouldn't be hard, as Mustangbelle306 said. Her word against his and guess who they believe? The petite woman who is crying and shaking with fear while begging the cops to "Keep him away from me"! or the big guy who says "But I just wanted to talk to her". Enough said.

Whatever happened to Marya, easily explained or sinister, it certainly wasn't an attempt to get away from a guy she had a brief, casual relationship with and who did nothing but act like a gentlemen, if we can believe Merc - which I do.

Even if Merc can't get to the bottom of this, Marya has to either show up and hopefully make contact with him or else she'll just never come back and Mercury will find out later what happened (went back to the Phillipines perhaps). Worst case is that the police will investigate and come up with something. It may not be good but he'll know what happened.

Meanwhile, I wish Mercury well with his 'Marya investigation' and I know he'll be careful, as Mustangbelle306 correctly advised.

I await the next development.