MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-05-2002, 01:21 AM   #41
Capri306

I typed in "Cow Udder" in Alta Vista's search engine, and....well.....just click the link to find out. I'm just warning you, I hope you didn't just eat.

Big ol' milk bag

FWIW and JMHO, I don't believe a word about milk being bad for you. Try drinking a gallon? Jeeez! Okay, drink a gallon of vinegar, or orange juice. Same thing's gonna happen: BARF! All that lactic acid can't be handled all at once, anyway.

Remember, the best things in life are enjoyed in moderation.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 01:55 AM   #42
joinrdie
Registered Member

I'm lactose intolerant, which I understand is the natural progression in mammals. It's not that milk is bad for you, it's just that at a certain age, your body stops producing the lactase enzyme which digests the lactose. If you keep drinking it, however, your body will usually continue producing it. Unless you're me. It's great; I can release odors that can clear a room after eating a piece of cheese.

http://www.mach-sr1.org
joinrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 01:59 AM   #43
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by joinrdie
I'm lactose intolerant, which I understand is the natural progression in mammals. It's not that milk is bad for you, it's just that at a certain age, your body stops producing the lactase enzyme which digests the lactose. If you keep drinking it, however, your body will usually continue producing it. Unless you're me. It's great; I can release odors that can clear a room after eating a piece of cheese.
one of my grandmothers is lactose intolerant...she has to take some pill whenever she wants milk products with something...like milk in tea, etc..

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:20 AM   #44
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

We've strayed so far away from the actual point of milk bags vs jugs. lol Learning some interesting stuff, I used to drink plenty of milk when I was little and still do. I used to finish a bag of milk in a day usually and that was with no problem. And have you ever tried drinking milk with chunks in it? Ohh.. god. Someone left the milk out one day and then put it back in the fridge, so I poured it and never payed attention and took a sip. I thought I was going to die it tasted so bad, it had chunks in it and it was so thick! Pretty discusting to say none to the less.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:19 AM   #45
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
We've strayed so far away from the actual point of milk bags vs jugs. lol Learning some interesting stuff, I used to drink plenty of milk when I was little and still do. I used to finish a bag of milk in a day usually and that was with no problem. And have you ever tried drinking milk with chunks in it? Ohh.. god. Someone left the milk out one day and then put it back in the fridge, so I poured it and never payed attention and took a sip. I thought I was going to die it tasted so bad, it had chunks in it and it was so thick! Pretty discusting to say none to the less.

§am.
haha, thats hilarious...only because you're the stupid one who didn't look at what you were drinking or notice the incredible sour milk smell!....ughh..*Shudder*...i had to throw away a thing of milk out of my fridge a week or two ago...it went down the sink with a crap load of hot water and dishsoap with my nose plugged...lol....nasty schite!

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 11-05-2002, 11:10 AM   #46
1969Mach1

You can't always smell sour milk from far away, if your up close you can smell it. Unless it's been in the sun for a few weeks. And the chunks sink, so you don't really notice it. Wasn't there a thread on discusting things a few months back.

¡́am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 11-06-2002, 10:41 PM   #47
inferno
The Instigator

Come on you guys....lets get back to the other milk bags....do I need to remind you what kind I am talking about??
Old 11-06-2002, 10:58 PM   #48
rbatson2
Registered Member

Inferno, I see we have something in common here
rbatson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:57 AM   #49
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno
Come on you guys....lets get back to the other milk bags....do I need to remind you what kind I am talking about??
You might be more comfortable over at the RHC message board. We're a little more relaxed.

Take care,
ÅChris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:01 AM   #50
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
You might be more comfortable over at the RHC message board. We're a little more relaxed.

Take care,
ÅChris
incredibly big grin here....hehe

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 11-07-2002, 02:25 AM   #51
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
If you don't believe me, try drinking a gallon of milk in one sitting. Just make sure you're close to the bathroom. Your body knows better, and will cause you to puke it back up.
I've long held to the idea that I could put down an entire gallon of skim in one sitting, seeing as I'm a whole milk guy. Might have to try this out sometime sooner, rather than later.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:37 PM   #52
1969Mach1

I don't think I could do a gallon in one sitting, for the simple fact that my bladder would explode probably. I can do a bag of milk which is like a litre.

lol Inferno I'll have to find some more pics I guess.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 11-07-2002, 01:18 PM   #53
RED92LX50
Registered Member

I guess I'm joining the Milk discussion a little late, but I will be the first to agree with PKRWUD. My in-laws are somewhat granola (from Oregon) and have long been on the health-kick bandwagon. They have sent us much literature about Cows milk being bad for adults (and even children).

Our daughter is drinking Soy milk, which has all the same vitamins, but none of the "bad" stuff in Cows milk. Some of my wife's friends have had kids with bad gas, bloating, and irritability...turns out they were drinking about 32ounces of Cows milk each day. My wife suggested cutting back, or replacing with Soy milk - the ones that did noticed drastic improvements.

Not a scientific study, but I am a firm believer that Cows milk is not necessarily Good for you.
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 02:00 PM   #54
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by RED92LX50
I guess I'm joining the Milk discussion a little late, but I will be the first to agree with PKRWUD. My in-laws are somewhat granola (from Oregon) and have long been on the health-kick bandwagon. They have sent us much literature about Cows milk being bad for adults (and even children).

Our daughter is drinking Soy milk, which has all the same vitamins, but none of the "bad" stuff in Cows milk. Some of my wife's friends have had kids with bad gas, bloating, and irritability...turns out they were drinking about 32ounces of Cows milk each day. My wife suggested cutting back, or replacing with Soy milk - the ones that did noticed drastic improvements.

Not a scientific study, but I am a firm believer that Cows milk is not necessarily Good for you.
soy milk....blehhhh...yuck...if someone was to be fed that, then you better start it on them young...otherwise theres no way youll want it instead of regular milk...and 32ounces is quite a bit...you drink that in soda a day and its not good for you either...people drink that in beer and its not good for you...seems like the only liquids to drink lots of are real juices and water...oh well...theres no escaping death...just eat/drink what you want and have a fun life

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 11-07-2002, 02:37 PM   #55
1969Mach1

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
soy milk....blehhhh...yuck...if someone was to be fed that, then you better start it on them young...otherwise theres no way youll want it instead of regular milk...and 32ounces is quite a bit...you drink that in soda a day and its not good for you either...people drink that in beer and its not good for you...seems like the only liquids to drink lots of are real juices and water...oh well...theres no escaping death...just eat/drink what you want and have a fun life
That's what I say man,
**** it, if I'm going to die, I'm going to die. I take care of myself and eat healthy but I don't go into little details on what is good for me and what isn't. If I was so worried about dieing I'd live in a bubble. Hell I'm pretty certain I'm more likely to die from driving to fast then die from cow milk. I'm pretty sure that qualifies for 99% of the people on this board.

Life live, and enjoy it.
§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 11-07-2002, 06:28 PM   #56
digital3.3

k, i hate soy milk for one reason. i know its good for you and all, but when i worked in a bottle recycling plant we had to destroy hundreds of flats of bad soy milk. now when i say bad i mean 4 months past expirary and it sat in the sun for almost 3 months. if you throw the cartons in the machine that squished the cartons the wrong way you got covered in the stuff. i can baerly think of the stuff with out feeling sick. but as chris said earlier about milk being not that great for you he is right. its the calcium and vitamin d that is good for you. i'm lactose intolerant (just a bit) it makes me very very hyper like i got a good dose of adrenaline(sp?). the doctor said i ain't missing much by not drinking milk much. i just take calcium pills and other vitamins to off set the lose i get from not having many milk product in my diet. but i did notice how quick the thread changed to from the lame assed milk bags to the milk debate . its all good though.

-murray
Old 11-08-2002, 10:08 AM   #57
RED92LX50
Registered Member

Default Back on track

OK, to get back to the "Bag" part of this post...are there any other Canadian beverages that come in bags, or is it just milk?

Like - Molson in a bag, Moosehead in a bag, hey that's a great idea... it won't go flat because you know you would drink it all in one sitting...plus, no bottles/cans to hide from the cops, just a squishy bag in your pocket.
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:12 PM   #58
1969Mach1

Default Re: Back on track

Quote:
Originally posted by RED92LX50
OK, to get back to the "Bag" part of this post...are there any other Canadian beverages that come in bags, or is it just milk?

Like - Molson in a bag, Moosehead in a bag, hey that's a great idea... it won't go flat because you know you would drink it all in one sitting...plus, no bottles/cans to hide from the cops, just a squishy bag in your pocket.
hahaha lol No we don't put beer in bags... lol We put them in Kegs... we even have mini-kegs, I know I have a picture of one from a party I was at awhile back.

lol this is a pretty odd picture, ya can't quite see it that well. There called Bubba's, next party I'll get a better picture of one. =) I think this one was already half done, they started drawing on it and giving it a name. Some things are best left off unasked.

§am.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im001521.jpg (98.1 KB, 16 views)

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 11-08-2002, 03:32 PM   #59
lysacat
Registered Member

I've got one of those mini-kegs in my fridge right now. Grolsch.
C-ya, Melisa
Old 11-08-2002, 07:15 PM   #60
PKRWUD

Default Re: Re: Back on track

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
hahaha lol No we don't put beer in bags... lol We put them in Kegs... we even have mini-kegs, I know I have a picture of one from a party I was at awhile back.

lol this is a pretty odd picture, ya can't quite see it that well. There called Bubba's, next party I'll get a better picture of one. =) I think this one was already half done, they started drawing on it and giving it a name. Some things are best left off unasked.

§am.
Cute picture. They let 12 year olds drink beer in Canada?
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote