MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-28-2002, 04:53 PM   #1
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Cool Minivan disease strikes again

I'm always on the watch for mini-van drivers. Usually, they are piloted by soccer moms yapping on the cell phone or attending to junior, or both...

Anyway, I'm on a return trip: hour #5.5 of a 6 hour trip on Memorial day. Needless to say, I'm pretty tired of being in the car.
So I'm cruising in the right lane doing 70 in a 65. MINI-VAN alert!!!
I'm gaining on it in the right lane. Fortunately, the left lane is wide open. I signal and move over and start to pass the minivan. I get almost ahead of the minivan and he speeds up and starts pacing me. 'What is he doing??' I'm thinking to myself... Well, at this time, we are coming into a construction zone. The speed limit drops to 55 mph. We pass that sign and we are both going 70ish. I figure he will slow down. Nope, he is pacing me like a champ.

I'm thinking this guy is being a real jerk, he doesn't want to let me over. Everyone knows, slower traffic keep right. He was going slower when I went to pass him. But then he decided to speed up.

Two more signs pass. My speed hasn't changed. (read cruise control) The signs say, MERGE LEFT. RIGHT LANE ENDS. I guess he chose not to read, or didn't believe the signs because he keeps pace with me in the right lane. I'm going to make a wild guess that he is still trying not to not let me over.

Here come the cones.... In the right lane. HA HA HA!
Maybe next time he will read the signs. I doubt it. It must be the minivan disease.
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 05:57 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Some minivan drivers are definitely a different breed. I've had some interesting encounters with them over the years. Haha, must be some sort of complex they have considering the piece of poop they are driving!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 08:23 PM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I seriously think there is something about driving a minivan that flips a switch in a person's head.

I, myself, drive my mom's minivan very agressively and rod the piss out of it. One of these days I'm going to blow it up because it has about 120,000 miles on it and all. '95 Chevy Lumina APV...teal/silver two-tone...mag wheels...

IDEA!!!!!! I need to G-Tech the VAN!!!!!! Hmmm....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 11:32 AM   #4
Tim C
Registered Member

Default Federal Law

There is a Federal Law which not too many people know about. If you buy a minivan or suv you are supposed to sign some classified documents. It is strictly need to know. Basically it states:

1. All 80s Chrysler minivans with wood grain stickers MUST fog for mosquitos by burning more oil than gasoline.

2. All Minivans and SUVs must take at least 10 minutes to reach 25 mph from a stop, and must then proceed at full throttle to 5 under the speed limit until a sports car, emergency vehicle, or someone running behind schedule tries to pass. THEN they are to pace, or pass the other vehicle.

3. They are required by law to pull out in front of any vehicle trying to accelerate hard from stop, including a couple of cars racing.j/k

Bet you didnt even know of that law

Tim C
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
digital3.3

Talking

i know them mini van owners are a strange breed. once i was driving my dads F-150 300 i-6 pick up and some kid in his parents mini van wanted to race from the light. i thought hey why not no traffic and so the light turns green and i take off (that truck can shot off a line) and i blew the guy away. so i stop at the next light and he says to me that we coulda taken me if he really wanted too, all i could do was laugh right at him. so he tries to get me to race him out of the light we're at so i say sure so when the light turns green he shoots off and i take off at a normal pace (i had seen a police car sitting in a parking lot). well the cop come winging out and pulls him over and i just drove by and waved at him, at was funny as hell.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:08 PM   #6
PKRWUD

Default Re: Federal Law

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
There is a Federal Law which not too many people know about. If you buy a minivan or suv you are supposed to sign some classified documents. It is strictly need to know. Basically it states:

1. All 80s Chrysler minivans with wood grain stickers MUST fog for mosquitos by burning more oil than gasoline.
ROFLMAO!!!! You're not kidding!!! Don't forget the 2.2L K-cars that were the forerunners of the minivans! They were proof that God has a sense of humor.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:25 AM   #7
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

You could cross breed Jeff Gordan and Albert Einstein, and take the resulting hybrid, drop them in a mini-van, and 5 mins later they will be doing 40 in the fast lane with their right blinker on. There is something about those cursed vehicles that smacks of the unholy...LOL

PKRWUD, props for the mighty K-car. Check out the vid, it'll give you a whole new appreciation for the K.
Me and my G/F now use the K the same way people use "punchbuggies/piddidles"
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/f...957894,00.html
Jorge
AKA The Purveor of All Things Surreal

Last edited by KiltedBanshees93GT; 05-30-2002 at 12:30 AM..
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 09:04 AM   #8
Mach 1
Registered Member

Mini vans can be a good practical vehicle. Can haul passengers, or an engine block. Can sleep in the back, camp out, have sex, change your clothes, etc...

Dont judge the vans because the drivers are idiots.

later
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:17 PM   #9
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
Mini vans can be a good practical vehicle. Can haul passengers, or an engine block. Can sleep in the back, camp out, have sex, change your clothes, etc...

Dont judge the vans because the drivers are idiots.

later
C'mon Chris, 2/3rds of your suggestions involve the van being parked (not bad suggestions, though)!

You're right, it is the driver, rather than the vehicle, that tends to be the problem. Except of course the first generation of the Mopar bunch that was grafted onto the K-car frame. No one will ever convince me that their 2.2L engine was ever anything more than a bad mistake made by a bunch of hung-over engineers on New Years day, facing a deadline.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-30-2002, 05:23 PM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
No one will ever convince me that their 2.2L engine was ever anything more than a bad mistake made by a bunch of hung-over engineers on New Years day, facing a deadline.
LMAO!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 06:44 PM   #11
PKRWUD

Yeah, I know, but I had to sugar-coat it a little. I didn't want to make them out to sound as bad as they really are, just make a point.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 05-30-2002, 07:03 PM   #12
429mustang
Registered Member

Chill out dudes, my astrovans getting pissed listening to all this s**t talkin. It said after it gets it's small block 355 (ported/polished/milled heads,perf. rpm intake/cam/carb,pete jackson geardrive) dropped in this month, it's gonna come burn out on all of your front yards, then drive over your mailboxes. Damn, you guys pissed it off real bad.