MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Mustang <-> Camaro Romances - Good or Doomed
Poll Options
Mustang <-> Camaro Romances - Good or Doomed

Old 01-05-2003, 05:40 AM   #1
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

Talking "Mixed Marriages"

Greetings all. I think I have an interesting topic for discussion.

I know an ex-coworker who is a Mustang girl (good taste). She dates a Camaro guy. I was wondering, do you think their relationship will work, or is it doomed from the start due to irreconsileable vehicular differences?

Have fun!
bigbandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
chuck88
Registered Member

Listen most marriages end up in divorce anyway. LOL

She will probably end up driving an ecno box or suv to carry the kids while this guy trys desperatley to make his camaro "road worthy".

Chuck 88GT

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 09:55 AM   #3
PKRWUD

I would just be content with the fact that she was into fast domestics, regardless of the manufacturer. I'm fairly impartial, though.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Well my wife is a former owner of 3 camaros and 2 corvettes and all i got to say is now she owns two mustangs.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 03:22 PM   #5
The Fireman
Registered Member

I have a thing for a girl that drives a Camaro. So I've been praying it would be possible for a relationship like that to work. She said she really liked my car so maybe there's hope.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

you know, I could of done better with the survey. 2 American cars, I should of guessed there would be some acceptance. I'll save the better survey for another time.... oh, it's about Mustang <-> Ricer relationships.

Of course, the Pony/Camaro relationship is quite real. The ricer one will be theoretical.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:17 PM   #7
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: "Mixed Marriages"

Quote:
Originally posted by bigbandjohn
is it doomed from the start due to irreconsileable vehicular differences?

Have fun!
I went with a girl for awhile ... took her to the Riverside 500 (NASCAR on a road course) ... she was an ex lowrider ... in those days hotrodders and lowriders were like hotrodders and ricers are today, mortal enemies. She made a comment about how anybody could ruin a perfectly good Chevy by putting fat tires on it and roll bars in it, and she just thought they were hideous. I said i suppose they would look better if they had little skinny whitewall tires on reversed rims and a tiny little chrome chain for a steering wheel ???? and she said, well duhhhh yeah !!! I took her home and never called her again !!! lolol thats a true story. I knew for us to disagree so totally about something that was so important to me, we were doomed from the start. Although i do remember the S*X being awfully good
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 07:36 PM   #8
PKRWUD

Default Re: Re: "Mixed Marriages"

Quote:
Originally posted by HotRoddin
Although i do remember the S*X being awfully good
At the rate they reproduce, it would have to be!

I have never understood why the local hispanic population does the things they do to their cars. If there is any part of it that looks good, they figure a way to ruin it.

A guy I got to know pretty good a few years back was a gang banger Mexican, and I just asked him point blank one day why Mexicans ruined cars the way they did. I half expected to get stabbed, but instead he just smiled and said "because to us, that looks cool".

I guess it's just a matter of perspective. That and owning a velvet Elvis painting.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 01-05-2003, 08:58 PM   #9
MEDIK418
Registered Member

When I met my wife, she had just bought a 71 Mustang fastback, I had a 70-1/2 SS Camaro. I HATED Mustangs and anything with FORD stamped on it. THe conversion was relatively painless and there was no circumcision involved so I would say that yes it will work. This I can say after a 6 year engagement and 23 years of marriage.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:21 PM   #10
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Wink LOL! Good thread!

This is fun....
Ya, I myself believes true love concqueres all, regardless wether its Mustang/Brand X, age, work, whatever!!!!!!

BUT there is something to be said for being both Stang lovers....and having a passion for them. It would make it just that much more special, and what better way to spend your time talking and doing Stang Thangs together and buying Carparts for each other for Christmas, birthdays, whatever???

It is DEFINETELY A PLUS!!!! But, even if they were a gear head, for another make, that would be cool...just as long as you dont get into Knock Down Drag Outs about which is better.....Sounds like Hot Roddin' had a brush w/ that...LOL! ANYONE can be converted, though too!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:12 AM   #11
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: Re: Re: "Mixed Marriages"

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
he just smiled and said "because to us, that looks cool".

I guess it's just a matter of perspective. That and owning a velvet Elvis painting.

Take care,
~Chris
LOL Well what made it even worse Chris, she was white as a lilly ! lol
The very next girl i dated was half mexican and she loved everything about motor sports ?? go figure? lol She didn't have a velvet Elvis or a velvet Jesus but man could she make good Pochole and tamales mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:18 AM   #12
PKRWUD

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: "Mixed Marriages"

Quote:
Originally posted by HotRoddin
but man could she make good Pochole and tamales mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm
NOW you're talking!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 01-06-2003, 05:21 AM   #13
digital3.3

luckily for me the girl i'm trying to make time with is just as much a mustang freak as me. its fun
Old 01-06-2003, 06:29 PM   #14
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Talking

I think it's okay. My ex had 3 corvettes and I had a mustang and a cobra when we were together. We'd fiddle around on the cars at the same time, no big deal. Love is so much more than material. Heck, I'd trade it all if I just could find someone to drive me around everywhere all the time. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to drive. I need a chauffer. heeheee

~Jill
Old 01-07-2003, 07:34 AM   #15
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

Awwww.... Sorry to hear things didn't work out. Though, it suprises me that you say you think it works, site an example, yet it didn't work...

BTW, I'd be happy to chauffer you around. However, unless you live down in the RTP area of North Carolina, that's not really going to work out.

See. you should stick with a pony guy
Old 01-07-2003, 01:37 PM   #16
D7M8
Registered Member

Will it work? Why not, you can brainwash 'em or subliminal messages in there sleep, right? j/k. I've never dated a guy who owned a mustang...shoot, I never dated a guy who owned a sports car. For some ODD reason I end up with the 4x4 freaks. It's okay, atleast we'd have all the bases covered, huh?

~ Maria
D7M8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:32 PM   #17
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Quote:
Awwww.... Sorry to hear things didn't work out. Though, it suprises me that you say you think it works, site an example, yet it didn't work...

BTW, I'd be happy to chauffer you around. However, unless you live down in the RTP area of North Carolina, that's not really going to work out.

See. you should stick with a pony guy
awww... no chauffer gotta drive myself around i guess.. and it didn't work out cause well... haha he was just insane... his mother thought i was the root of all evil... man... i'm an angel

~Jill
Old 01-07-2003, 03:39 PM   #18
D7M8
Registered Member

LMAO, MissBlondie! Root of all evil? That reminded me of a movie I saw not to long ago...the mother kept telling the daughter to repent her evil ways...I think it was Prom Night 2. Anyhow, that was a cute statement.
D7M8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:52 PM   #19
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MissBlondie
awww... no chauffer gotta drive myself around i guess.. and it didn't work out cause well... haha he was just insane... his mother thought i was the root of all evil... man... i'm an angel

~Jill

Hmmmm. Can't see your roots in that pic too well to make a decision if you are natural....ly good.

Well, it was that or asking iif you were right, obtuse, or acute (Angle), but the piccie answers that, Miss Angel ...

O:-) <-- An Angel

Well, I thought the joke parts were funny...
Old 01-08-2003, 12:34 PM   #20
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Quote:
Hmmmm. Can't see your roots in that pic too well to make a decision if you are natural....ly good.

Well, it was that or asking iif you were right, obtuse, or acute (Angle), but the piccie answers that, Miss Angel ...

O:-) <-- An Angel

Well, I thought the joke parts were funny...
#1 I'm all natural darlin'
#2 I'm a cute angel
#3 me---> 0:-)