MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2002, 11:26 PM   #1
66 Racer
Registered Member

Default my 66 vs. turbo eclipse w/g/f in car... lol

Well,

It was a saturday night coming back down from the foothills with the friends, well you can call it a sunday morning i guess. I see this primered up ranchero, heard a cam, but a cop car prevented anything, this should have been my 1st warning, well we take off as usual, then this silver eclipse starts driving all fast, looked pretty quick actually and this 80's camaro behind it. The light turns red and its my 66 and the 95 or 97 eclipse, i look over and its this guy and his girl friend, i take off normal and so does he, give it a little gas and get off to let me know i want to play, heh heh, or should i say to let him know im hungry. Next light he starts reving like hell and i hear a whine followed by a blow off valve, the guy and girl are laughing and the chick looks my way, i smirk, give it a few modest revs, light turns green and we are off. I dont even know if you could call it a race, when the light turned green all i can see is his car disapear out of the corner of my eye. He never had me, He never had his car!!! I beat him by about 3 cars, my friends thought it was between 3-4 cars. Right when we start to celebrate the lights go on and i get pulled over. Basically i end up getting a speed contest ticket and my aprox speed was 60 in a 40, not bad when i know i was doing about 90mph. Pissed that i got pulled over though.

My friends in the other car said that the cop was slowing down at the light after the race, the ricer stoped at the light and i took a yellow, the cop hesitated on which to get and i guess me taking the light led him to me, i just hope the cops got his plates heh heh, i hate being the only one cought, i would have stoped too but i knew i wouldnt have made it, not with full drums and 3 people in my car.

Another thing, my friends think that turbo charged elcipses run around 15's makes me wonder what i run. I have heard every car on the street is about a second. Although i know im not faster than 14's makes me kinda wodner if i might be in the high 13's. That sounds kinda hard to believe with my mods though.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:49 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Good kill. Sucks that you got pulled over, but at least they didnt haul you're butt to jail. As far as the "length on the street" thing it's every carlength equates to about a 1/10th of a sec. Your stang is likely a mid 14 sec ride. Not too bad.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
66 Racer
Registered Member

Yeah, 14 would be cool, im gonna try to time my car at the track before i install the cam that is sitting in my room, not much lift, but i want to play around with different sizes, its about .458/.458

The cops werent too bad, they could have been dicks, they gotta do their job i guess

I was expecting them to take my baby, but when they complemented me on my smith and wesson 4" blade and asked if i had a 289 under the hood i figured things wouldnt be too bad. when i heard, "this how things could have gone" i felt relieved figuring i would just get a racing ticket instead of anything else added to it, im still debating on whether to fight it or not. What made me laugh was when the cop said, and im quoting from the best of my memory....

"Look i know you and your little muscle car here can smoke most of the cars out here, but keep it on the track...." then he went on and said i can tell you already go, he must have seen my irwindale speedway parking pass.

oh well, i guess i took one for the sport, heh heh
Old 02-15-2002, 03:33 AM   #4
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

yeah, well we all gotta take one for the team once in a while, its the price for the fun of the street race.

Nice run, and nice car.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote