View Single Post
Old 07-15-2002, 11:45 PM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry The Money Pit Round 2/ This Sucks!

OKAY DAMMIT...THINGS WERE TOO GOOD HERE FOR TOO LONG......................

I have busted my arse in my new house(been here 4 months now!) for the past 2 solid weekends STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!) Unpacked ALL My boxes except for one big box in my pc room. TOTALLY REDID THE YARD! (BTW: it looks AWESOME!) Got new patio furniture, and framed and hung all my pictures! It looks like a TOTALLY different place as of this weekend!

I'm actually walking thru my house now looking at it thinking..DAMN, I love this place! Ya'll remember all the sh$$ I went thru here the first 2 months I moved in w/ the heaterabout $2500-2800 I was out!) The CRITTER that chewed a hole in my damn chimney!(another $500!), my first w/e here w/ NO hot water OR gas for 4 days when it was 20* frigin degrees outside!(like that REALLY happens alot in TEXASS!!!!!!!!!!!)

WELL NOW>.......my mom noticed a 'waterspot' on my bedroom wall(b/room is upstairs). My over flow outside to my A/C is over my back porch french doors...I didn't know that was an EMERGENCY overflow! I've had a river back there for the past week and a half. I put my plants under it to keep them watered. Why let it go to waste? Well, today, I had some company and we hung my ceiling fan in my bedroom( IT LOOOKS SOOOO PURTY!) AND IT CRANKS TOO, even w/ the 20 foot cieling or however tall that is...its high!! Unclogged my bathtub that quit draining..and looked at the a/c unit in the attic. My drip pan was full and rusted. The PVC fittings into the pan were leaking/hence the water spot on my wall! we worked on that thing for 3 SOLID HOURS! FINALLY found something we could use to seal it off. I have to go up there yet and make sure it has quit leaking. IN THE MEAN TIME.....I talk to the guy that did my heater just a bit ago. Bottom line is that the homeowners warranty WILL NOT COVER IT...he said that my coils might be freezing up and the rust indicates that some stuff is rusting out....so...I can say goodbye to yet ANOTHER $1,200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aarrrughghghhhhhhhhhh
We did good today as far as preventing any other damage. He will be here tomorrow night to replace that unit. Soooo...I guess for my b-day present to myself I get to sink $1200 into something that I would rather NOT!
AND to top that **** off...they are building a new house across the street from me. They dug the crap out of my yard. I have 2 'graves'. One is about 5x10 the other one is about 12x12 and was about as deep! Looked like a meteore hit! (wheres my damn dictionary???) they filled it...woopee! In the mean time....we are getting HAMMERED W/ RAIN. I NOW HAVE A SINKHOLE IN MY FRONT YARD...AND ...I'm getting letters from the Homeowners Asso. to 'repair the damage to my yard. .....they can KMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have called the city, they said to call the builder...I have called them TWICE...they are not calling me back!!!! I want them filled and the grass replaced!! I have now given this to someone else to take care of for me, cuz they obviously are NOT taking ME seriously! Guess cuz I'm a woman! Well, I guarandamntee you that they WILL take care of it after they get the phone call tomorrow from an alter ego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know? I'm really pissed. I think that if I"m gonna go ahead and dump this $$$$ on top of the damn phone bills (over $1000) I"m trying to pay...whats another $200-300????? Im thinking seriously of getting my tatoo this weekend for my bday present to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo....whatdya think??????????

I'll take some pics soon of the updates on the house. It really does look nice!!!!!!!!! and....sometime SOON..I NEED to get my foot xrayed...its STILL hurts and is swollen. Im hoping that its just a slight fracture, if its tendons or ligaments and needs surgery, I'm out of luck cuz I dont have any health ins. right now!

BUT...other than that...everythings cool and I'm a happy camper! lol....ya. Sorry guys...I had to vent....Joe, where's that 'MONEY PIT" thing you posted before......IT'S BAAAAACKKKKK!
TNT TORMENTED IN TEXASS!!!!!! (once again!)

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote