MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-17-2001, 07:52 PM   #1
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Angry HERES WHAT I THINK OF MY STANG

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Every time i turn around.We were putting on my rockers today and one of my heads studs were striped so i took the head off so i could have it fixed.Well lookey there my block has a crack around the stud$#%@%$#^#@^ ! i've just about had it.Just when you think things cannot get worse they always do

------------------
P.M.D. PERFORMANCE 88GT
306ci
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:30 PM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Sounds like u are having on hell of a time i hope things get better for u. My car is on it second block itself.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 11:00 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

I'm sorry to learn of the troubles with your engine, but this stuff can happen when you modify and race an engine, even a 5.0.

On the other hand, a lot of stock and near-stock 5.0 engines go 200,000 miles with no major problems and give the owners plenty of thrills (and wins) over the years.

I've got 110,000 miles on my 5.0 and no problems. I can't blame you being ripped at your car (I would, too) but I don't want folks to believe all 5.0's have big problems.
They don't.

I hope your engine problems are solved soon.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 12:05 AM   #4
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Talking

I know 5.0's are great cars the last 2 i had the worse problem i had was t5's.But what makes me mad is i built this motor with the best stuff i could afford.Eagle billet rods probe pistons tfs heads dss stud girdle(etc)and thats not including all of the money i've dumped into the chassis,cage,n20,rearend,wheels,hood,guages,k-member.I've just had alot of bad luck here lately i've worked and spent tons of cash on it here lately i think i just need to take a week or so off

------------------
P.M.D. PERFORMANCE 88GT
306ci
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:27 PM   #5
rbatson

I know how you feel. I've gotten to the point where I question why I've put so much money in my car. I think I've reached the point where I'm gonna get this lentech valve body and stall work done and leave it alone. Just thinking about the money I've dropped in it makes me wonder how I got so carried away, I don't even go to the track that much. I just wanted a little more hp and got carried away. I was talking to my mom about this and she said back when my dad had his 68 cougar he would drop money in it all the time (had a boss 302) and one day just decided to quit. I think I've reached that point now, then again.. I may change my mind by next week, but I don't think so.

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra
Old 07-19-2001, 08:13 AM   #6
EZRIDN
Registered Member

My daily driven '87 GT has 207K on it. Stock. Still runs 14.6 @ 95 w/ a 2.2 60'.

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows

'87 GT.
Stock
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote