MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-17-2002, 09:54 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Angry More stuff that pisses me off... (From CNN... Long)

The Communist News Network succeeds in reporting yet another thing that drives me crazy....

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/08/17/sla....ap/index.html

Yes, its those CRAZY slave reparations folks again.....

Not only do they want money now, but MILLIONS of acres of land...
This is yet another example of Americans wanting things HANDED to them.

Why work, you can get more in unemployment!
I couldn't possibly have any responsibility or blame for the bad things that have happened in my life.
It's always someone ELSE'S fault, never our own.

I am in no way, shape, or form a bigot... One of my best friends is black and have many friends who are also black, asian, or latino.
I judge people by their words, actions, and intent. Not their color, religion, or sex.
But for some reason since I am an American White Male, I am the root of everything that is wrong with the world. I am living on the backs of the unfortunate.... the backs of minorities, women, and children. Because of me some have to work dead-end jobs at Wendy's instead of making millions in their own company. It really had nothing to do with some not graduating high school because they had too much fun partying....

Back to this reparations thing....
OK, they want money and millions of acres because their forefathers were slaves. Well, just how far do they want to go with this?
I have some Cherokee in me.... the American Indians got equally hosed by the government. Put that side of my family in the middle of nowhere after they promised good land and cash.
Where's my cut of the action?

I've got some Jew in me, maybe I should sue the German government, I'm sure they knocked off a few people somewhere in my family tree. Even better, maybe I should sue Egypt, they enslaved Jews for hundreds of years.... Where's my take in that booming Egypt tourism industry? I want my check!

Oops, forgot the French in me... hehe... double whammy for the Germans...

Let's not forget about some of my English roots... Between several major wars between the English and the French, I should be able to clean up!

Should I sue the NAACP because I lost family in both sides of the Civil war? It was fought partly because of slavery and human rights.... Where's my check for great uncle Jimmy and Jed?

People have to wise up and realize that no matter how bad you have it here in the US, its A LOT worse in most other parts of the world. Some poor folks in this country have more than middle class folks do in Central and South America, Africa, parts of Europe....

I'm so tired of the "I'm owed" and "Gimme" mentality that has become pervasive in our society. Work, better yourself, set goals... that is how America became as strong as it is now.

I understand that there is racism, bigitry, and hate. And that is certainly wrong. But in the large scheme of things no ONE race or religion has had it worse than anyone else.

If anyone deserved reparations, it were the people who were actually slaves. Can I sue the steel company because Great Grandpa Tim had to work 18 hours a day, 6 days a week during the beginning of the industrial age? It sure as hell was unfair and inhumane by today's standards....

Americans had better start seeing beyond what is "owed" to them and focusing on how to better our country, or we will ALL suffer.
We are not Africans, we're not Mexicans, we're not Indians, we're not Germans, we're not English... We better start looking at each other the way the rest of the world sees us.... as Americans.

Just my opinion...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
97 Stang
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I agree completely.
BBK H-pipe
4.10 gears
97 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 11:24 PM   #3
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

I sooo agree with you hammer nicely put. I hate reversed racism I live in Oklahoma and we have a lot of native americans here and when I was in school the teachers and everyone we treat me poorly because I was white and all the indians got to do stuff first and get to go to events we couldn't go to because we were white!!!!!!! ahhh I hate that.
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 12:02 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

farakken, jesse jackson, al sharpton, =the three biggest rascist's in america, go figure, the only SLAVE'S in the u.s. are us working stiff's paying for the lifetime welfare career f-----'s in america now, im almost half indian, upppp's should i say native american, no , should i sue the government for stealing this half of the world from my half heritage, no. get over it peep's, the only racisim i see now is from the so called minority's, who seem to run this country now. b.s. & im not talking skin color either, so tell me if i'm wrong. you are not owed anything.! you go out & earn it. , sorry for the rant.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 03:06 AM   #5
jj_jonathon
Trisket

blacks are already considered a minority and have extra rights...up until recently (very recently) if i were to apply to a college with the exact same crudentials in florida as a black student, the black student would get it...same with job applications and memberships to clubs...its all about that quota...so african-americans dont have it as rough as they used to...and i doubt any of the ones alive today living in the united states have been slaves...

hammer's right, people are always trying to get something for nothing...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 08:18 AM   #6
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

I agree, everybody wants something for nothing.

That Louis Farrakhan is in DC this week-end spewing his words of hate "We demand" and "They owe us" crap and the media is just absorbing every bit of it.

Everybody else wants a monument, memorial or recognition for some other damn nonsensicle event.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 09:45 AM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

oh yeah i forgot hammer, seems i found out my family is from 2 of the tribes of isreal, yeah let's sue egypt, why not. why is america so stupid, they listen too any crybaby around, but they wont help a war vet, that they screwed up, im ready to move to spain. ok im done

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 10:47 AM   #8
Redline302
Registered Member

They Can KISS MY A**
Redline302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:33 AM   #9
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Hey, I'm all for it. Surely there are a few thousand acres in ALASKA that's not being used. Ship all these fanatics up there and let them chill for awhile.
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 12:41 PM   #10
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

I totally agree with all of you. At the old community college that I went to they had posters up that had black or other minorities on it. Bascially, if you were black, hispanic, native-american, etc. you could get a free ride to any two year college.

Now that's bull ****.

Something else that just popped into my mind. If a white guy murder's a black guy, it's called a hate crime. If a black guy murder's a white guy, it's just regular 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree murder. That's stupid. Any kind of murder is a hate crime, wouldn't you think?

I'm probably racist about that, but I think I'm making a very good point.

Dan.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 04:26 PM   #11
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Angry You Owe Us! (NOT).

Hammer:

Ah, 'reparations'. Much ado about nothing, really. August is a slow news month so the TV nets and the newspapers love these kind of 'stories' to play up. I believe the actual 'demonstration' had a few hundred people there. I could get a few hundred people for a car show on my front lawn so that number isn't impressive and indicates the thin support this divisive idea really has.

By comparison, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King had 150,000 people in attendance in D.C. back in '63 when he made his historic 'I Have a Dream' speech. That's real support. These reparations race hustlers like Louis Farrakhan don't have anything close to that kind of support from blacks - and none from whites.

There will never be any reparations paid to black people. The whole idea is absurd. The last time I checked, less than 2% of the current 'white' population in America can trace their roots back to slave owners in the south. I can guarantee you that no American - most of us a mix of various ethnic groups that came here well after the slaves were freed - is going to sit still for cash money from their taxes going to people who may or may not have been related to slaves, over 150 years ago. The last poll I saw about this had 90+% of the respondents against reparations for blacks.

Any reparations would have to come from the U.S. Treasury and that means a law has to be passed by Congress authorizing the money to be spent. Ain't gonna happen. No politician will touch this as the whole idea is just a race-baiting ploy to give hustlers like Farrakhan a pulpit to 'blame whitey' and get attention. Racism is becoming less and less of a real problem in America every year and these clowns need an 'issue' to chew on and get the medias attention. I noticed few well-known black 'leaders' (I use the term loosely) attending this rally. They aren't stupid...this kind of thing just infuritaes most non-blacks and has zero political value.

The premise that 'America was built on slavery' is bogus. It played a part, yes, but with the industrial revolution manual labor became less and less important and the north and central states turned to manufacturing, not growing cotton. Slaves were not needed. Most slaves were sold by their own tribal leaders and actually did better in America than they ever would have done in Africa. Yes, some were beaten, misused and lynched but only a minority. The Alex Haley book and TV series of the '70's: 'Roots' ,was mostly myth. The idea of white men ruuning around the jungle trying to catch a native to take as a slave may have happened but not often. Africa - then and now - was a very hot, dangerous place and a white man or two running around there was very vulnerable in those days (1700 - 1850). Most just stayed on the ship.

Muhammad Ali made a very telling comment after the "Rumble in the Jungle." When asked his impression of Africa, he said "Thank God my Granddaddy got on that boat." I have my problems with Ali but in this instance, he was right.

Of course slavery was an abomination and not something to be made light of or ignored, but it ended - after a civil war where 600,000 Americans died - 137 years ago. It's been a long, slow climb but blacks in America are doing well. Most black crime, unfortunately, is against other blacks. There are problems of course, always will be in a diverse culture, but institutional racism is dead and the casual bigotery of yesteryear is about gone.

Another note: I refuse to preface any comment I make about blacks or issues like reparations with a defense of myself and protestations of not being a bigot or racist. To those who have a cause, like reparations, those claims of being color-blind fall on deaf ears. If you're not for reparations, you're a 'bigot' and they don't want to hear about all your black friends. To those who are reasonable, they will give you the benefit of the doubt on the point and assume you're not a racist until you prove otherwise. I do the same for them.

I don't apologize for being white nor do I think anyone needs to apologize for being black, hispanic, asian or whatever the ethnic heritage they are part of. I'm an American, as they are. I don't 'owe them' and they don't owe me. This is truly the land of opportunity and any honest person knows it.

How much do 'white' people owe Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, Halle Berry, Bill Cosby, and millions of other successful (if not millionaire) black citizens? Get real. I don't see Asians on welfare or asking for handout and special breaks. Wonder why? They work like dogs, get educated and generally stick together to make a better life for themselfs and don't waste time whining about racism or what's fair. They just do it.

Blacks have every opportunity there is, as previous posts have mentioned. The days of the 'white mans club' is gone. The white power structure has practically abandoned their place at the front of the line to allow others to take their place. This is ignored by the 'angry' blacks like those in attendance at the D.C. Reparations rally Saturday, but to most sensible people, especially blacks, it's a fact. That some do not choose to take advantage of the opportunity available in America, I say: Tough. Your choice. Black or white, if you refuse to get an education and work at what you want, you'll fail. America won't fail you, you'll have failed to do what was necessary to take advantage of Americas freedoms and opportunities. Not my problem and I don't owe you. America did not create black slavery, but ended it. The civil war was won. America has outlawed segregation and discrimination. The civil rights cause was victorious.

In my opinion, real racial peace will only come after African-Americans reject the description: African-American and become simply, 'American'. Such a change will only come after they reject the lies of liberalism and recognize all of the harm liberalism has done to them. Don't hold your breath.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 05:33 PM   #12
The Deuce
Registered Member

Ich bein ein American.

I am an American. Sorry folks, but you were born here, that's what the world sees you as. Get somebody out of Brooklyn, send them to Italy, and see what they are. Not Italian, American. It's the same with any ethnic group. Just because you can tell that some people are of different heritage doesn't mean they are owed anything.

This country was founded on equality. Equality of opprotunity, not results. That's the basic capitalistic idea, give everyone the opprotunity to learn, and see what happens. The best stuff rises to the top.

This does not really have anything to do with repartations, other than to say they are meaningless. Look how good making the Germans pay back 'debt' worked between WWI and WWII. Remind the race hustlers of that and they will likely shut up. Do they really want bitter white americans looking to band together in anger? I don't think so, especially since there is already a group like that.

I'm a mut, don't know where all my family came from. But I do know this. When those buildings came down, they picked a fight with me, and that's not something you want to do.

I am an American.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 10:30 PM   #13
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
I'm a mut, don't know where all my family came from. But I do know this. When those buildings came down, they picked a fight with me, and that's not something you want to do.
I feel exactly the same way Deuce.
I too am a mutt. I just have a thing for geneology...

There's been Packetts on this continent since the late 1600s. Packetts have served in every major war this country has had since the Revolutionary War.

I am not just the sum of my ancestors... I am an American.

The terrorists not only picked a fight with you or me, but every person who cherishes the rights and liberties that previous men and women paid the ultimate price for since the 1700s.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:25 AM   #14
jj_jonathon
Trisket

i'm canadian,i want justice for being teased in american schools when that south park movie came out!!...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 08-19-2002, 09:30 AM   #15
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hehe, Blame Canada!
(Just Kidding...)
Old 08-19-2002, 09:57 AM   #16
jj_jonathon
Trisket

lol, youre just so damn original ...i honetly thought that the movie was hilarious..so oh well

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 08-19-2002, 01:00 PM   #17
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Wanna know whats wrong in the black community.............Very few of them work........How do I know this???

My girlfriend is black, we have been together for 7 years, and in all that time noone in her entire family has had an honest job.

They come over and look at my new house and new car and tell me that I am lucky.....................I think to myself no LOSERS!!!.....I am not lucky, I am just your average American with a JOB!!!

I go to work every day so I can support the Millions on welfare. This is because the LIberal morons have had there way for too long. There should be a time limit that any one person can be on welfare.

Real Men Work!

Last edited by Dark_5.0; 08-19-2002 at 01:27 PM..
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 01:07 PM   #18
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Dark 5.0 you forgot women too, real women work!!! Unless of course they are stay at home moms that is probably one of the hardest jobs out there!
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 01:45 PM   #19
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MustangKelly96
Hey, I'm all for it. Surely there are a few thousand acres in ALASKA that's not being used. Ship all these fanatics up there and let them chill for awhile.
GOD NO!!! NEVER DO THAT!! The Canadian Governement gave all of Northern Canada to the Natives and guess what? Where do you think all the minerals, diamonds, gold, oil, etc are????

The North! Then you have to pay them bucket loads of money just to do anything up there! I have a few native friends that live in Yellowknife and they are hard working guys. They just laugh at the government and say, if there that dumb to give everthing to us, we'll take it!!

Dam free loaders, you think the USA has a problem, try Canada. In most provinces you can make more money being on welfare than if you are working (minimum wage)!! What kind of freakin' motivation is that!?!

TRUE STORY:

I was walking home from University in Edmonton, Alberta. I drunk Native man approached me and asked me for money.

Me: "No"

Native Man: "Come on man, I know you white men have lots of money"

Just then a V8 Firebird drove by.

Native Man: If I had lots of money I'd buy a fast car" (Holds out hands pretending to steer a car.)

Me: "That is the difference between you and I, I would spend my money on my education, get a good job and buy many fast cars"

Native Man: ... (He just walked away)

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 02:29 PM   #20
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt
Me: "That is the difference between you and I, I would spend my money on my education, get a good job and buy many fast cars"
lmao!....canada is messed up like that, youre absolutely right...people sit in unions and never go to work but collect pay cuz you cant fire them...it been happening for years, even my grandfather talks about working for one of the huge steel companies in hamilton and several people would never show up because they didnt have to....canada needs to dump off some of those unions and fast....esp. the teachers one...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics