MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-27-2002, 04:30 PM   #1
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Default Muscle Car Glory

With reading some of the threads here in the past few months it kinda comes to me again what I've been thinking about for the past year or so. A few of you could and will prolly tell me more or disagree but it seems that old times are upon us again, muscle car age that is. Now me being only 18 its hard to reflect on the era with just modern nostaligia (spelt?) Foremost from the rumor side of it, it seems that the old Mustang style is returning and Camaro.

Already concept models of the GTO and Charger have been shown. Now they dont compare in cubic inch but they do have power. Not to mention the return of the El Camino, Maurader, and well the list goes on. Heck even the GT40 is coming back. I know some of what I've said could be incorrect or advanced on so this is where it starts. What do you guys (and gals) think?
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 05:14 PM   #2
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Default Re: Muscle Car Glory

Quote:
Originally posted by LayanRubr
With reading some of the threads here in the past few months it kinda comes to me again what I've been thinking about for the past year or so. A few of you could and will prolly tell me more or disagree but it seems that old times are upon us again, muscle car age that is. Now me being only 18 its hard to reflect on the era with just modern nostaligia (spelt?) Foremost from the rumor side of it, it seems that the old Mustang style is returning and Camaro.

Already concept models of the GTO and Charger have been shown. Now they dont compare in cubic inch but they do have power. Not to mention the return of the El Camino, Maurader, and well the list goes on. Heck even the GT40 is coming back. I know some of what I've said could be incorrect or advanced on so this is where it starts. What do you guys (and gals) think?
It's spelled nostalgia.

I think that you are right. The muscle car movement is returning, and I hope it's here for a long time.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 05:37 PM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

YEAH! Return of the oldies!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ap2page.jpg (236.1 KB, 57 views)
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 05:47 PM   #4
Janeofalltrades

Default LOL

Of course..we have to get the last ditch effort out of the muscle car before we have such tight EPA C.A.F.E. requirements that we won't be able to purchase them anymore....The money is good right now and people are...Nostalgic..Baby boomers who didn't get a chance to buy one back in the 1960s and 70s can buy a replica now that they are older, have the money and can afford the insurance...

Enjoy them while you can....

~Jenn~
Old 12-28-2002, 09:30 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
YEAH! Return of the oldies!!!!
Yep.

http://mustangs.harmonic.org/6769/bs69.html
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 01:17 AM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body
Yep.

http://mustangs.harmonic.org/6769/bs69.html
Hey! That's my old car! RIP

My fastback is way cooler anyways.....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 03:35 AM   #7
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Muscle Car Glory

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN-MAN
It's spelled nostalgia.

I think that you are right. The muscle car movement is returning, and I hope it's here for a long time.

Daniel.
You got me
Old 12-29-2002, 07:59 AM   #8
chuck88
Registered Member

Thumbs up

It is definetly returning and what little car is the cause? that's right our little pony is. Look at the mustangs of the 80s no body was even thinking of performance back then but Mustang was there and selling.

Let the govt. and the public say what ever they want usually its opposite to what sells, and the silent majority wins again.

Chuck 88GT

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 05:43 PM   #9
LayanRubr
Registered Member

The Mustang family sure does have a strong persuasion
Old 12-29-2002, 07:37 PM   #10
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
Hey! That's my old car! RIP

My fastback is way cooler anyways.....
Yea, except for the nasty mustardy color it is.....Barf!!!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 08:56 AM   #11
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I was in high school in the late 80's and I would say it was a good time to be a Hot Rodder. Most kids shunned Fords, but I was loyal to the Stang even then. I showed up to school my junior year driving a Spitfire Orange 65 Mustang Coupe. I paid for the car myself and was very proud of it. Then, a rich kid decided to get his daddy to buy him an even nicer one. So, I sold mine and bought an even nicer 66 Coupe. The competition was fierce, and I would like to say I had the fastest car in school, but I wasn't even close. There was a 69 Nova that was built for the drag strip, another 70 Nova with dual 4bbl carbs that was VERY fast, and a Cuda that was bad enough to shred any engine mount the guy threw at it. My best friend had a 68 Charger with a 440 Magnum in it and I gotta say, that was one BAD car. We were out cruising in it one night and pulled into a parking lot and saw a 69 Charger R/T Hemi sitting there. Our jaws dropped and we had to whipe the drool from our mouth's as we looked under the hood to see a 426 Hemi with the dual 4bbl Cross Ram. It had the pistol grip 4-speed and the car had 13,000 original miles! The guy took my friend and I for one of the most amazing car rides I have ever been on. We left the parking lot and in 2 1/2 blocks we were passing 125mph. WHAT A RUSH!!! I'll never forget that night.

Man, I really miss those days. You youngin's better enjoy them while you can.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:33 PM   #12
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Wow cool high school most people here at mine just drive lifted trucks And trust me, I'm enjoying them while I can
Old 01-01-2003, 10:15 AM   #13
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Yeah it was a lot of fun. Auto Mechanics class was like the pits at the drag strip.

It seems now everybody is going retro. Ford with the 49, GT-40, and the styling they have been coming up with on various cars, Chrysler with the Charger, Prowler and PT Cruiser, Volkswagen with the Bug, and Mini Coopers popping up everywhere. It may be a good time to be a hot rodder here pretty soon if the trends keep up the way they are going. The only thing I am wondering about is are we going to be able to afford these cars?
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote