View Single Post
Old 07-02-2001, 06:52 PM   #7
blkrain

PART II

I found a site (Mustangworks.com) on the internet and decided to get some help there. Over there, I found out I was running too rich at 43psi of fuel with the vac hose ON (51 with vac hose off). I lowered the fuel presure, had the AC fixed at the dealership, purchased the A9L computer from Pro-M etc. All these helped return some civility to the beast, but alas with what I gained in high RPM power, I lost in low RPM drivability.

I was fast getting used to the ills of this car and soon decided I needed more power. I tried to retard my camshaft and resulted in 10 bent valves. The heads then came off the car and were treated to a host of upgrades and fixed.

Upon talking with some of the people from this site, I decided I needed more power. I traded my intake with another member of this site and bought a Holley Systemax II intake. I also through the coaching from some members of this site, decided to purchase the Anderson Ford Motorsport B-2 camshaft. After all this went on with the resurrected heads, I proceeded to annihilate the demons in this car. I started small and went big. I replaced anything I could think of that would cos the drivability issues until I hit the jackpot!!!

My car (since the heads went on) has had a VERY loud rocker-arm noise level. I figured with a lifter change I might help reduce this noise. They did no such thing, BUT, my low speed drivability issues suddenly disappeared!!! For once I was begining to enjoy my baby once more. The setback was still a track trip resulting in a 13.6 @104mph a gain, but not as much as I would want.

She stayed the same for about 6 months from that time. Unfortunately, when I went to the track after 6 or so months, she pulled a best of 13.8@102mph.

END OF PART II

NOTE: PART III WILL BE ON ANOTHER THREAD AND IS MORE INTERESTING THAN PART II. STAY TUNED.

------------------
TFS heads, Holley intake, AFM B-2 cam,
Black SN95
13.8 @105mph NA
13.2 @112mph 80hp NOS
Wet track, running on NOS setting on NA runs (pig rich and 8 deg timing)

[b]12.9 @110mph best et