MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2001, 05:33 PM   #1
Garyput
Registered Member

Post Fastlane Motorsports Mustang meet and show, Aug 11, Salina KS...

Well it is about one month away so I better get some info to you guy's about this day. My friend Jason has a cruise club here in town called Street Kings. We decided to do a car show next month and we are sure all the regular cruise people and car show enthusiasts will attend. I thought this would be a great time and place for a "mustang show and meet", to take place with his Street Kings car show. It will be kinda two shows in one, he will be taking care of the Street Kings show and I will be handling the Mustang show.

Here are the details:

1. You don't have to have a "show stang" to come to this, I want any and all 79-present EFI or carb stangs to come. This will mostly be a day to meet one another, shoot the bull, check out each others cars and have a good time.

2. There will be a $5.00 entry fee. I really don't want to charge anything but I (Fastlane Motorsports) have pulled the money out of my pocket for the trophies and for the Best of show cash prize. I would like to recoupe just a little of my cash. I hope everyone is cool with this.

3. There will be three classes: stock, modified, and stock appearing modified- or(sleeper).

4. Two trophies will be presented to the top two votes in each class. Only the Mustang guy's will be voting. The street Kings car show will not be part of the mustang votes. When you register you will be given a little ballot for you to vote for the two cars in each class. There will also be a Best of show award. If your fellow mustangers vote your car "best of show" you will recieve a nice 34" trophie along with a cool $100.00 right out of my pocket.

5. Registration and car voting will be from 8am - 1pm. Awards presented at 2pm. Jason Tappendick (organizer of the street kings car show) will have a car cruise at 7pm that night. The cruise route will be given out that day.

6. There are only a few trees on this lot, you may want to bring a canopie or some sort of shade. My plan is to keep the mustangs parked together.

7. The Saline county fair is going on that weekend in the same area as our show. Just an FYI for some entertainment that day.

8. Directions to the show/meet:
Coming from East or west on I70, take the Ohio street exit, #253. Go south towards town. First stoplight you come to will be Pacific street. Keep going south across RR tracks, be carefull and go slow these tracks suck the big one. The next light is north street. Keep going south and the next light is gonna Be Iron street. There is a Green Lantern convenience store and a Taco Bell here. Be in the right lane at this light. Keep going a little further and on the right hand side is a street called the Midway. Turn right here and stay in the right lane around the curve and you should see the lot where we will be parking. We will enter the fenced in lot from the north side. We plan on placing a sign on Ohio and Midway to tell you to turn now for the car show.

9. If you are coming from the south on Interstate 135, take 70 east and follow the same directions as above.

10. For the locals that know the area, the show/meet will be at the Bi-center three rivers stadium lot.

I hope alot of you out of town will come to Salina. It should be alot of fun. A few guy's here in town have already met some of you at the Manhattan meet in April. They said they had a good time.

If I have left out anything please post here or email me. Or if you have any questions about anything just say something. I want to do everything I can to make this a fun get together for everyone.

If you can't make it or don't want to come, thanks for taking the time to read this anyway. And if possible, could those of you that think you will come, please put a message here or email me so I can start getting an idea of how many may show up.

Look forward to meeting all of you and seeing your cars, let's swamp this town with stangs.

Thanks everyone,
Gary Putnam
Fastlane Motorsports
Salina KS
Garyput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 08:22 PM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

That sounds awesome. I'll have to double check my calender but if i'm free i'll definately be there. My car is by no means modified but it's not really stock either so what class will work for me? You can check my sig to see what i'm talking about. It sounds like a lot of fun and I hope there's a good turnout.

Keep us posted

Brett
bhigh@kscable.com

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 10:15 PM   #3
Garyput
Registered Member

Hey Brett. Glad to hear you may come to town. I checked out your car pics, It looks really sweet, Just my opinion but I would guess that it would fit into the stock class more than the modified class.

My idea on the modified class would be a car that has wheels, heads, intake, etc,etc,etc... and the sleeper class would be something that looks like your car but has alot of the goodies as mentioned for the modified class.

Does this help, what do you think?

Hope you can make it. Tell everyone you know with a stang.

Gary

Old 07-09-2001, 10:21 PM   #4
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Sounds like a great time! I will have to check, but chances are I will be moving into my new place at school about that time . But, thanks for the post and I hope you all have a great time out there!
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 10:50 PM   #5
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Garyput,
Good... I want to be in the stock class
I checked and so far don't have a conflict on that date so my wife and I will be there.

Let us know as more info arrives.

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 03:58 PM   #6
Garyput
Registered Member

Hmmm, where is everyone at? I'm just posting to myself so that this whole post doesn't get pushed to far away.

Later everyone,

Gary
Old 07-18-2001, 01:02 PM   #7
Josh91
Registered Member

Thumbs up

TTT
Hey, I'll be there. I know there are some more KS Stangers here, where you guys at?

------------------
91 GT - Cobra Intake, FMS 65mm TB, C&L 73mm MAF, GT-40P heads, Crane 2031 cam, Crane 1.7rr, Built AOD, Art Carr 2400 non-lockup converter, Transgo shift kit, BBK cold air, FMS 'P' headers, Pacesetter off-road H, BBK pulleys, Flows w/dumps, FMS 4.10's, Steeda STB, StangNet LCA's, for now...

Original GT-40P Tech Page
Josh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 10:44 PM   #8
Garyput
Registered Member

it's this weekend, anybody here coming?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: