MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2001, 06:23 PM   #1
blkrain

Arrow My Stang (life) story

Most of U know me on this site. I have been here since 1999 (around May I believe). I have been in the military and attended UT in San Antonio ever since I got stationed here.
I have owned and loved my Stang since 1996, and it was the same love for stangs and fast cars that made me give it up in 2001.

It started out with the purchase of this priceless beauty. After all the paperwork was complete, I stood and watched her being pulled into the lot after she had her bath. There she stood, black, proud, gleaming, and a tough no nonsense look about her.
I immediately jumped into the cockpit and drove out in my new found baby. She was babied, fed with energy drinks (petroleum) and given only the best in lubricating liquids (synthetic fluids). She matured being my baby girl.

She held her own on a few street encounters that she faced. Never backing down and never loosing with just the judicious prompting of my right foot, and the silky swift motions of my right arm and left clutch foot.

Then it happened!!!

She faced one of the Generals finest (Z28 SS) one night after she had been out on an entertainment cruise in. Needless to say, she was completley humiliated and justly so. I could not let this continue to happen to my pretty so I vowed not to let the General humiliate me even with his 350 cid.

In the summer of 1997, she first received her first dose of modifications. This included 3.73 gears, off-road H-pipe, and a drop in K&N filter. These modifications helped propel her to a blistering 14.5 @93mph in a 100 degree Texas heat, with a very high humidity level. Armed with the this she proceeded to take on the General once again, but alas, the General had an arsenal of his own and did not sucuumb to her tries. She then received a second set of modifications consisting of a Borla catback, underdrive pullies, bumped up timing, pro5.0 shifter and 180 deg thermostate. This my dear readers was just what the doctor ordered to hold off the General for the time being.

Over the years, she received some more upgrades to ensure she did rule over whatever section of the street in her class. After I was stationed here in San Antonio, she was treated to some of the biggest treat she could ask for at the time. She received a set of TFS twisted wedge heads, GT-40 intake, and all the host other enhancement to boost that. But this where all her troubles began.

She developed drivability problems, she was not performing well at the track, and she was getting very expensive to own. AC went out, she was overheating, some electrical problems also followed. By then, my girl was fast loosing her appeal. I tried to help out but was met with resistance. It was then I considered getting rid of her completley.

END OF PART ONE ON A THREE PART SOAP SERIES

------------------
TFS heads, Holley intake, AFM B-2 cam,
Black SN95
13.8 @105mph NA
13.2 @112mph 80hp NOS
Wet track, running on NOS setting on NA runs (pig rich and 8 deg timing)

[b]12.9 @110mph best et