MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default Mustang Commercial?

Ok here is the little low down of what I'm talking about
My buddy of mine has a '00 Mustang Coupe, and he made a Mustang commercial with another good friend of mine, like this commercial looked pretty good. I must say if I seen it on TV I wouldn't think twice of it. I'll try to get a copy to post. Now he is thinking of making a new commercial, and using my car in it. Would you think Ford would sponsor us or maybe use our commercial or give us some recognition if we made this commercial. Also any ideas for our commercial? We're upto many suggestions. We are working with pretty high technology, but money can be an issue in our budget. Do you know who we could contact at Ford about this? What does anyone think of this idea? Be honest, I promise I won't cry if you call me stupid.

Thanks,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 02:42 PM   #2
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

This sounds pretty fun and enjoyable. Good way to have a little fun. But I doubt Ford will do anything like sponsor or anything like that for you guys. I guess never say never, but just very unlikely. But it's still a sweet idea and is a good way to get some recognition for you and your friend's cars!

Find out if there's going to be any car shows, cruises, etc. around your location, if there is, tell them you'd make a commercial to help advertise for it and do something like that!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 02:52 PM   #3
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Probably not. Those head bozos like to dole out MILLIONS to ad agencies who can paint a smiley, multicultural vision of America, all driving FORDS In a perfect world, I'd love to see your commerical on my TV, Mach Making a commercial for local clubs and shows sounds like a great idea though! Check into it.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:01 PM   #4
1969Mach1

Yup good point belle, and 6T9 Pony, if it comes down we can just do one for this page or something. That would be pretty cool. Greatly appreciated, I still want to hear what everyone else has to say.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 07-16-2002, 03:24 PM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Time line if I was CEO at Ford:

Day 1: Introduction to new employees, get new office

Day 2: Fire Entire Marketing Team

Day 3: Have GT40, 2003 Cobra and 2003 Mach 1 delivered to my house

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:37 PM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hey Cam,
Remember my idea for a commercial before the 2003 Cobra was released?

Black screen, no sound....
Then the starting of an engine
A pair of headlights turn on in the dark, looking right at you (But its too dark to see the car itself...)
The sound of a deep throaty idle
Then a few mean, high revs....

Then 2 big bold words come on the screen:
It's Coming....

A Cobra symbol comes on the screen...

The End

No idiotic words from the CEO, no crummy music...
Short sweet, to the point, and darn dramatic

If that wouldn't create excitement I don't know what would...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 04:15 PM   #7
Tod
Registered Member

what's up with that crummy Ford commercial for the Mustang with Bill Ford Jr., or the 4th or 3rd or whichever one he is, talking about owning a mustang? talk about boring. and why aren't they doing serious commercial promotions for the new Cobra and ESPECIALLY the Mach 1???
Old 07-16-2002, 04:43 PM   #8
Capri306

Because they want to appeal to that "broad market base." Apparently they haven't noticed that a lot of Americans want a car in an ad that screams, "this car will kick all those other cars' asses." Although.....I have to admit, when one of the GT40 guys said, "our car will put your Viper somewhere between earthworm and garden snake," THAT was cool. They need to "muscle up" the Mustang ads, though.

It's kind of funny from a manufacturing/marketing standpoint. They want to raise the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy), yet they're pushing ads for the most gas-eating vehicles they make. You'd think they'd push for the Mustang, Focus, and Taurus. That T-bird ad with the Lamborghini (or whatever) is the best one to date, IMHO.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 05:37 PM   #9
Tod
Registered Member

i just can't believe they aren't pushing the Mach 1 more. true stang enthusiasts have been screaming for that car since it was erased from the Mustang lineup. there was a bigger deal made about the Bullitt. why doesn't Ford stop with the automotive political correctness and liven up the ads with some attitude and a whole lot of confidence. IMO Dodge has some of the best quality ads in the automotive TV spots. Ford has to try harder.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:55 PM   #10
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Hey Cam,
Remember my idea for a commercial before the 2003 Cobra was released?

Black screen, no sound....
Then the starting of an engine
A pair of headlights turn on in the dark, looking right at you (But its too dark to see the car itself...)
The sound of a deep throaty idle
Then a few mean, high revs....

Then 2 big bold words come on the screen:
It's Coming....

A Cobra symbol comes on the screen...

The End

No idiotic words from the CEO, no crummy music...
Short sweet, to the point, and darn dramatic

If that wouldn't create excitement I don't know what would...
That was a very cool commercial idea, didn't you also have a "part II" to this idea?

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:28 PM   #11
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Smile

I've never seen a Mustang commercial.
But then again I'm always lurking here instead of watching t.v. LOL
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:38 AM   #12
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Tod
i just can't believe they aren't pushing the Mach 1 more. true stang enthusiasts have been screaming for that car since it was erased from the Mustang lineup. there was a bigger deal made about the Bullitt. why doesn't Ford stop with the automotive political correctness and liven up the ads with some attitude and a whole lot of confidence. IMO Dodge has some of the best quality ads in the automotive TV spots. Ford has to try harder.
Because they don't need to, and the answer is your second sentence. This is an euthusiast special...someone isn't going to see an ad for that car, and just decide they want it. They already KNOW they do The commericals are mostly for V6 drivers and fresh meat for the GT line.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:01 PM   #13
1969Mach1

Damit, I just typed a response and it dispeared out of no where. Now I'm upset and lost what I was thinking about.
Ok all I said was all fat, ugly or both people drive GT's or Convertiables. Only cause they can afford it and they have a middle age crisis, or insecure wiht themself. Although not the case in all situations but when I see 20 Mustang GT's or Convertiables (or both) a good 15 will be woman, 7 being fat, 7 being old, and 1 being good looking and the other 5 times it'll be a guy who knows what he is driving. Drives me crazy, sorry just venting. I want a GT. Back to the commercial, my friend is sending a letter to the group responsible for Advertising, and we're going to contact a local car shop that runs a car show every Saturday a town over. So we're looking forward to this commercial. I actually got to drive my friends 2000 V6 Mustang, not bad, got a nice feel for it, I want to go test drive a GT and I would only get 5spd if I bought one. Only thing is insurance would rape me if I got that all year round.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 07-18-2002, 09:47 PM   #14
mikew88gt
Registered Member

This subject got me thinking. Ford really doesn't advertise the mustang to the people like us. I can't remember ever seeing a commercial that would make me want to go out and buy a GT or the like. It's like all image related stuff. Remember the Pontiac commercials for the Ram Air T/A? They got your attention for what they were. Even if they only advertised on Speedvision and ESPN or the various car tv shows you would think it would get more racing and gearhead people to consider looking at Mustangs now. Especially with GM jumping ship on the pony car wars.

My 1988 Mustang GT
mikew88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:56 PM   #15
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
Damit, I just typed a response and it dispeared out of no where. Now I'm upset and lost what I was thinking about.
Ok all I said was all fat, ugly or both people drive GT's or Convertiables. Only cause they can afford it and they have a middle age crisis, or insecure wiht themself. Although not the case in all situations but when I see 20 Mustang GT's or Convertiables (or both) a good 15 will be woman, 7 being fat, 7 being old, and 1 being good looking and the other 5 times it'll be a guy who knows what he is driving. Drives me crazy, sorry just venting. I want a GT. Back to the commercial, my friend is sending a letter to the group responsible for Advertising, and we're going to contact a local car shop that runs a car show every Saturday a town over. So we're looking forward to this commercial. I actually got to drive my friends 2000 V6 Mustang, not bad, got a nice feel for it, I want to go test drive a GT and I would only get 5spd if I bought one. Only thing is insurance would rape me if I got that all year round.

§am.
oh thank's sam, just because im 43 & ugly, im in a middle age crisis, i dont think so bud, i have owned muscle cars all my life, from chevelle ss, 69 cougar, nova's, camaro's , mustang's, it's just the car's i like, just joking with ya, ask dan, dont he work for ford ?

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:10 PM   #16
lysacat
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok all I said was all fat, ugly or both people drive GT's or Convertiables. Only cause they can afford it and they have a middle age crisis, or insecure wiht themself. Although not the case in all situations but when I see 20 Mustang GT's or Convertiables (or both) a good 15 will be woman, 7 being fat, 7 being old, and 1 being good looking and the other 5 times it'll be a guy who knows what he is driving.
That's got to be the tackiest and sorriest comment I've heard on here. You've got to be skinny or good looking to own a stang???? And only a guy knows what he's driving??? Get real!!!!
Old 07-18-2002, 10:31 PM   #17
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

heheheh, go lysacat, im skinny but never claimed to be good looking, i think that was kindof a harsh comment, but, i dont want to get in any flame war's, signed, the old mid life crisis guy, hahaha.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 08:47 AM   #18
1969Mach1

ok I appologize for saying that. I must of been in a real bad mood. Trust me I've gone to a crazy stage, I was just mad at everything in my life. I need some anger management. I'm out here with my appology if I offended anyone, I had no intentions and just in a state where I need to get away.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 07-21-2002, 08:51 AM   #19
1969Mach1

ohh.. and my intentions weren't that old people can't drive them, it's just I am willing to bet that if you ask these people how many cyln. there engine is they won't be able to even tell you. I see these things abused, brings a tear to my eye cause they got no clue of what's going on. Old people can drive fast cars, I love old people (the car old people) I usually hang out with them at local car shows and stuff. It's just the people who have hit middle age and think there still 20. No offence to anyone, I know everyone her has a love for there car and hell you can drive what ever car you want and what makes you happy I give you all the pleasure in the world. I've come to reliese over the last few days it's doesn't matter what other people think or say, it's what you feel inside. It gets to the point where no matter what you do, someone is going to hate you for it. Sad to think, but true.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 07-22-2002, 10:52 AM   #20
Bake
Registered Member

Smile Mustang Video

Im one of the guys making the commercial and we have e-mail ford and they have responded telling us to mail a sample of it and a letter to fords marketing director (real mail...). so im thinking they may at least let us do some stuff at Ford Canada HQ or something. you never know. Sam and I are trying to get the video up from work here now.
Bake is offline   Reply With Quote