MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #21
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Default Re: Mustang Loyalty

I went with black, although I almost ordered the Redfire. I'll attach a couple shots here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0405RHC.jpg (193.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0407RHC.jpg (250.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0408RHC.jpg (125.9 KB, 8 views)

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #22
RBatson
Registered Member

Unit, the insurance is high on this Mach. If I had known the insurance would be this high I wouldn't have bought it. I had to call the insurance man and make sure he had the right car and my right age on the policy. He said it was a high risk high theft car. My Cobra vert didn't cost this much to insure and my Avalanche cost almost exactly half to insure, it's unreal. Still, I'd rather have this car than a 93 cobra.

Heth, congrats on the new car. Very Nice! Its the right color too Are those the stock wheels?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:09 AM   #23
nitrousboy
Registered Member

i know i can go out side right now and my mustang will start and drive.

it has not been started for two weeks.
nitrousboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #24
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Actually, if I could get my hands on a 1998 Lamborghini Diablo I would. It would'nt sit in the garage though, I'd drive it until it fell apart like wet cheese. I think people confuse themselves when they buy those things and treat them like real estate...Its a C-A-R!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #25
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302
I had such bad luck with my '02 GT that I'm simply not able to consider another newer GT.

What kind of problems did u have with your 02?

I used to have a mazda, it was cheap, fun to drive and reliable. I would recommend one.

I stay away from mustangs now because I only want the GT or better, and I dont like to pay an insurance premium for that.

I just bought a full size truck. v8 power, 330 HP, 380 ft. lbs. of tq, (nissan underates them at 305). all thje practicality you could want (get the extended cab or crew cab) and cheap insurance. Only negative is it sucks down gas pretty bad.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #26
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Power window unit failure
Random no-start (no starter engagement unless I slapped the shifter hard left to right while in neutral)
Random chugging and smoking at start up
Mach 460 6-disc failure
3rd gear syncro failure at 17k

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

Yeah, I'm looking at the 01ish Pathfinder right now.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #27
Mach 1
Registered Member

Pathfinder is solid. The Titan has had considerable problems, some chalked up to being a all new model, and doesnt compare to the build quality of other nissans.
RHC member #142
Old 04-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #28
Heater
Registered Member

I've owned several brands of cars. But have only bought Fords since the mid 90's and honestly have had no real problems like other people with Fords...and I've bought 3 of them brand new.

After looking at the 05 GT's engine compartment, I can honestly say that it looks like it would be an easy car to work on, and that is something that I haven't said since Ford quit making the fox bodies.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #29
Mach 1
Registered Member

Ive owned 5 fords, all used, and never had problems with any of them outside of normal wear and tear. I dont understand how fords gets such a bad reputation to begin with?
RHC member #142
Old 04-13-2006, 11:26 PM   #30
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Depends completely on the vehicle and drivetrain you choose. Ford has some SERIOUS quality control issues on a lot of their vehicles/options.

3.8L V-6 head gasket problem, 5.4L was taking out crankshafts, 3.4L V-8 was blowing up left and right because of camshaft failures (so badly that a class action lawsuit has been filed), the A4LD and AOD automatic transmissions were spotty, the 4.6L plastic intake manifold issues, it goes on and on and on.

If you get the right vehicles i.e. 5.0L Mustang, you might not notice so many problems, but all it takes is a few high profile issues, and public opinion is formed.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:10 AM   #31
Mach 1
Registered Member

EVERY manufacture has had "issues" and can be picked apart by targeting every problem they have had.

I think it has more to do with american car bashing in general. Most people who hate fords never even owned one. Reminds me of the guys I used to work with who LOVED chevys, yet none of them owned one? I found that interesting.
RHC member #142
Old 04-14-2006, 12:53 PM   #32
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

My parents had there sorted past with Ford and Chevy..Thing is 30 or 40 years ago economy cars were more high-maintanance than they are today, and a little complaint about "my torque converter blew on me" goes a long way...eventually it turns into "Stay away from the Ford Windstar, their torque converters stink"..I don't know, maybe. But if you ask me cars were a lot safer years ago because they did'nt entice the driver to speed and drive recklessly. I can't stand seeing Chevy make Impala's with 300 horsepower engines and transmissions that BURST into gear with a breath of the accelerator. Just like the Allstate commercial, you can make a car as safe as possible by thinking of every kind of accident but bad drivers are BAD DRIVERS. I saw one of those new Nissan Maximas' on the way home from work today and of course this KID rockets past me thinking I'll be impressed and nearly slams into a car down the road that was DOING the speed limit. I really think that car companies should either stop supercharging economy cars or raise the price so not too many people can afford them...
Old 04-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #33
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Sure, every automaker has issues, but the numbers don't lie. If you question whether or not Ford is as good as the Asian manufacturers, I suggest you visit

www.consumerreview.com

All consumers, random comments about their vehicles and other products. I can tell you right now, the number of times that I see major repair problems occur is far higher on the domestics.

I had my head in the sand for a long time, but knowing a few people, including family members that with foreign cars sure opened my eyes. The whole "I haven't done anything other than scheduled maintanence and my car has 150k on it" quote isn't uncommon. My Mustang 5.0s have been good to me (the 02 was a piece of shit), but I could never lay claim to 150k with no part replacement. The water pumps went out at 100k and 130k between the two of them, transmissions failed, air pumps seized, etc. Now, I knew the transmissions were weak from the factory, and I didn't expect to get 200k on them, but that doesn't make it okay for many average consumers. They DO expect to get 200k on that transmission.

If you don't want to see it, like I didn't want to see it, you can continue to find ways to believe that the big 3 put out class leading quality vehicles.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #34
Mach 1
Registered Member

Wow, u totally took my comments out of context. Lol....are you imagining things in your head?

I never once said the big 3 were as good as the asians, so why u putting words in my mouth is something i would like to know?

I said they all have had problems, and to say ford had "blah, blah, blah......" wrong with it is stupid, because the same could be done for any manufacture.

Ive personally have had Fords with 110K miles withut any problems at all. And I think they make a better product than GM and Chrysler, and I am surprised to see the amount of Ford bashing that i do because I have had good luck with them.

Try reading more carefluuy and not putting words into peoples mouths.
RHC member #142
Old 04-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #35
69fastback
IRAQ VET

it is surprising to see all the ford and mustang bashing for that matter on a mustang website. my f-150 has over 150k and i have never had a replacement part. My dad has had many fords go well into the 250k range. I have had very good luck with them. Sure maybe the so-called asian cars (most of them being built in america not sure they can be called asian cars anymore) are built better, but i could care less. There will always be a big ford truck (which asian manufactures can't even come close) in my driveway and a mustang in the garage until the day I die.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #36
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

The good thing is modular engine and transmission swaps for these Mustangs are easy these days..No more remanufactured crate engines that you need to rebuild the car around. And the build-up from the engine block is pretty straight foward, as is the way the drivetrain, suspension and steering are set up..The parts and tools are so readily available that you could keep rebuilding the car year after year and still wind up getting a big chunk back when you sell it. The Acura 3.2 TL for example would be different, these engines are like pods with minds of their own..I dont think I could ever again own a car that I could not even attempt to maintain myself...And I never see people leasing performance Mustangs.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #37
Mach 1
Registered Member

what in the hell are u talking about? Engines, computers, nuts, bolts, detroit, asia, its all the same.

So you can tear down a 4.6 ford with your eyes closed but your afraid to touch an acura 3.2? Doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
RHC member #142
Old 04-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #38
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

I'll use small words this time...Foreign economy cars are easier to maintain...I'm sorry, take-care-of than a lot of foreign builds..Engine and drivetrain-wise anyway.
I don't know why I even replied to that.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #39
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 1
Wow, u totally took my comments out of context. Lol....are you imagining things in your head?

I never once said the big 3 were as good as the asians, so why u putting words in my mouth is something i would like to know?

I said they all have had problems, and to say ford had "blah, blah, blah......" wrong with it is stupid, because the same could be done for any manufacture.

Ive personally have had Fords with 110K miles withut any problems at all. And I think they make a better product than GM and Chrysler, and I am surprised to see the amount of Ford bashing that i do because I have had good luck with them.

Try reading more carefluuy and not putting words into peoples mouths.
Sorry about that, Mach. Sometimes people are a little hard to read over the internet. To clairify, Ford's got a bad quality reputation because they are not as good as the Asian auto manufacturers, which is in all honesty, probably a glass half-empty view on things. I would say that Ford builds mostly good cars, but when you're comparing them to exceptionally built cars, you tend to overlook the strides that the domestics have made in terms of quality overall. It doesn't help that the Asian manufacturers have pretty much nailed quality issues down (there will always be some) but they are now targetting European cars for engineering and driving experience. Moving targets are hard to catch If I took stuff out of context, it was unintentional.

69fastback, I'm not really Ford bashing as I am Ford worrying. I like the domestics, and I'm a patriot in my belief that nobody does it better than what we can do in the US. It may be false logic, but a little pride never killed anybody, unless you're talking about the 7 deadly sins, lol. Anwyay, I think it's important for customers of the big 3 to make sure their manufacturer of choice knows what's on the consumers mind so they can build the car we want.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:33 PM   #40
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Unit 5302 I totaly agree with your last statement. There is defenitly some worrying to do. Some changes need to be made or the big 3 will be Toyota, Honda and Hyundia or something along those lines. I am just one of those guys that will always bleed ford blue and hope they will be around for a long time.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote