MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mustang rarities (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32958)

srv1 01-09-2003 12:23 AM

Mustang rarities

Josh inspired me on this question. Of all of the Mustangs from 79-93, what is the color you dont see often? It has to be from the factory, not a custom paint job. I would have to say brown.

Can anyone list all the colors from those years?

Whats the interior color you have seen the least?

jj_jonathon 01-09-2003 01:13 AM

Re: Mustang rarities

Quote:

Originally posted by srv1
Josh inspired me on this question. Of all of the Mustangs from 79-93, what is the color you dont see often? It has to be from the factory, not a custom paint job. I would have to say brown.

Can anyone list all the colors from those years?

Whats the interior color you have seen the least?

does custom iclude dealer? our 90GT has a quite unique interior with the blue/black panelling with the white leather....i know it was nearly impossible to find replacement parts for the interior...we ended up buying other colored ones and getting them dyed...and i dont see too many midnight blue stangs with the grey ground effects...now its all midnight blue though....

brown is prolly more rare though...i think ive seen one other dark blue foxbody (may or may not be custom) and i cant even think of any brown ones...lol...they didnt even make the foxbody in brown did they?

The Deuce 01-09-2003 01:19 AM

Kaspar has a brown 79, which I believe to be the factor color.

bigdave 01-09-2003 11:47 AM

A friend of mine has a 93 that is sort of a dark red/maroon/purple color. I've only seen one other Mustang that color. It is the factory color.

tireburner163 01-09-2003 12:24 PM

I've seen a Tan 88 2.3

The interior of Kell's 87 GT is tan, his is the only one I've ever seen.

Calypso green is a rare color too.

POISNUS 01-10-2003 12:09 AM

I have an 89 GT that is grey I think it is called gun metal grey. I think this is pretty rare. What about bimini blue? That is also pretty rare.

I have a pic on my buddy's web site just click on 209_fast when you are in the upload center. I hope someone can tell me what color it is.

My car pic

Jason

0h n0 5.0 01-11-2003 11:43 PM

damn, that could take a while. thats 15 years of paint choices, not to mention the combo deals with the lower accent pannels on the GT's, special options an rarieties like the 7-up color fox..

check out "Mustang Redbook" by peter Sessler.

i'm thinkin any of the browns, warm whites, sand beige, vanilla, bright copper glow, chamois:confused: strictly cause they weren't really eye catchers at the time so when paint time came around for the cars more than likely( if the car was souped up,) it was painted a more eye catching hue. some body shops also don't work repair or paint cars after more than a 6 year period save for specialty brand-only shops. (ran into a prolem when i needed to get my '89 vic repaired an painted)

i'v seen a white leather interior.