View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #4
okiedragster
Drag Racer and Mach1 Addict

Talking Re: Mustang Start Problem

Next time when it is hot and you can tell when you hit the starter that its not gonna crank, pop the hood and disconnect the ignition via coil wire or what ever just as long as its not getting fire. jump in and see if it will turn over any easier, this is a easy way to tell if your having timing issues. i have a 36 degree advance curve in my super comp dragster and i have to get the motor turnin first and then switch on the ignition switch and it will bust right off. with the crap gas we have to run these days and puttin advance timing in it will sometimes throw us a curve on hot starts, but boy does the car run good ...lol . just somethin to try. i have a hidden switch under the dash on my 71 mach1 that cuts the hot side of the coil because ive had it happen on it from time to time after driving in slow traffic ect. the battery cables is a good prospect too if a cable gets hot a few times it will corrode from the inside making it hard to tell it bad because it may look brand new but it knocking the voltage down just enough to get a hot start... hope i have helped ya in some way...

My 71 Mach 1
okiedragster is offline   Reply With Quote