MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2001, 11:24 PM   #1
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs up Unit 5302's Mustangworks Experience

Man, for me, it seems just like a foggy yesterday that I registered here.

Over the past 2 1/2 years I've made 3500 posts. People have come and gone. Every once in a while I drop into Sportbikes Net as an outsider. I see names pop up of formerly active members of the Mustangworks. I remember back when I first came here and knew far less than I do now about almost everything Mustang related.

I've met some very killer people on this board. People I consider friends. I've sat back and watched new guys/gals posting that are now seasoned veterans.

I've continued to be active here, but I wonder how long it will keep up. What will this board look like in another 3 years? Will the rookies of today be the veterans of tomorrow? What happened to some of the most respected members. Back when SN95 and Mr 5.0 used to be the techmasters answering question after question the current Seniors here were just rookies.

In the past year I've formed friendships with some of the members on this board that are solid, and real. Skyman, PG Kelly, inferno, Mustangbelle306, dinomite, godslayer, RedLilPony, stanglady, Mercury, TXinPA. I hope you guys don't mind me recognizing you in this manner. You all kick *** and I'm damn proud to consider myself a friend of yours.

I had a palm reading (yeah, I don't believe that **** either) that said I will die soon. Even though I don't believe it, it makes me sit back and wonder a bit. Who are the people that matter, and where do I go when I need a release? I come here, to hear the stories of my close friends, and all the other members here who I enjoy seeing post their experiences.

I can't believe the up and down year I've had. I can attribute 90% of it to the people here at the Mustangworks. It's become a very real addition to my real life, not just my internet life. I hope that I'm around a few more years to see how things change, and that the comaraderie between the members here continues.

What do the people on this board mean to you?

Last edited by Unit 5302; 12-02-2001 at 11:32 PM..
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 11:45 PM   #2
inferno
The Instigator

I'm gonna cry...

**sniff, sniff**

I agree, my whole internet experience on message boards has been a positive one. I never expected to become friends with people on this board, even though I came here with good intentions. I have been received well even though I "play for the opponent". I can name a few people who have made an impact on my life outside of the message board, people who have helped me when I needed advice or been there for me to vent to. I am glad to have met people like Unit(even though he is wrong 90% of the time ) and I can honestly call him and many others friends.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:05 AM   #3
TXinPA
Registered Member

i've been here on and off for about a year now. lots of people have made an impact on my life, whether they realize it or not.

and, i will tell all of you...unit 5302 is a sweetheart
TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 12:50 AM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I have been a member of this site for nearly 2 years here coming up soon...The first year I didn't frequent the board all that much, but mainly just used the site to look at other Mustangs that other people own. In just the past few months I have been checking the board as often as I can and trying to post as often as I can to try to help people. I have learned a ton about my car, and others, and I'm only 17!! I know this site will be very valuable to me throughout my current and future projects! THANKS MUSTANGWORKS!!! AND DAN!!!

I'd have to say the people on this site are all the coolest too. I wonder sometimes what it would be like to meet some you of guys and girls and hang out with you in real life, and not just over the net. You guys are all the best!

You're all even nice to that punk kid with the loud car....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:03 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

There are many people on this board that I feel as if I really know them in real life. PKRWUD, Unit, 6T9 Pony, Skyman, inferno, Fox Body, 1BAD89, Dinomite, 2FastLX, FiveOhPatrol, Mercury, Rage 5.0, BigWhiteCobra(P.S. what ever happend to BigWhiteCobraGirl) Mach 1, and many others. I consider you guys as friends. It seems like only yesterday I resistered and now I'm coming up on 2 years in a few months.

1998 HD Electra Elide

Last edited by tireburner163; 12-03-2001 at 01:11 AM..
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:08 AM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

One other thing that amazes me about the members of this site, is that you guys and girls are all very knowledgable in other areas also. With other makes and models of vehicles, all the way to interests in astronomy like Mercury.

PKRWUD even helped me figure out what was exactly wrong with my '86 Nissan pickup--ON A MUSTANG SITE!!! Still haven't fixed the damn thing though...

Now that's some quality sh!t.....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:36 AM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Damien's (Mercury) hands tremble in his pocket. His eyelid twitches with a frequency that depicts his nervounous so clearly. He takes a deep breath, and against all will proclaims to the crowd. Hi, Ummm...I'm Mercury and I'm ...ahhh.....Mustangaholic.

Serouisly though, I know how you feel Unit. I've been part of this gathering for 1 year 3 months. I'm glad my friend Tim C mentioned this place to me, hell, he even helped me Register (Thats how Internet Educated I am).

It does feel like I know some of you, and it feels like I could probably pick some of you out of a crowd of strangers. Thats what Rbatson did. He pulled up to the Hangout here in Fayetteville and knew exactly who I was before I even introduced myself.

You guys are some of the best friends anyone could have, weve all been through alot together. Everything from Relationship problems, to helping one another in some way deal with the Sept 11th attack.

What I think is cool is, how we all might have diffrent opinions on things, but are willing to make an effort to see where the other guy is coming from.

It seems like its been many moons ago that I made my first thread "Putting on a proud Display of Ford Tail Lights." Gosh. And you've all heard me complain about my now Ex-Girlfriend like Four Hundred Thousand times, and not one person said "Quit Whinning you sniviling Bum".

One of these days maybe we'll all meet one another. That would kick A$$. Then we'd line em up, and I'd smoke you all......

I'm glad I have friends like you all. You guys make life so much easier to deal with. Hope I return in divedens what you guys have given me.

Heres looking foward to the new memebers and the many years of posting to come. Cheers
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 03:43 AM   #8
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Cheers to us all, without a doubt this is the best website on the net! It is the first one I check in the day, and the last one I look at at night! I'm constantly recommending it to people and have the stickers on my car, and people ask me about it! Great job Dan, and to all the members, this site wouldn't be here without everyone!
Old 12-03-2001, 03:44 AM   #9
PKRWUD

Default What a long, strange trip it's been!

This was the first message board I ever belonged to. It has grown tremendously. I vaguely remember when Unit arrived. He's always been pretty sharp. I remember when, 2 years ago, Scott (Rebel79) H. and I decided it would be nice to take up a collection and get Jim and Dan something nice for Christmas. By the time we were done, each moderator got a gift certificate for about enough to buy a seat cover and a map light, but it was the thought that counted. I remember how Mach 1 and I used to argue every single day, in every single thread. I never had the balls to tell him I knew he was right alot of the time, because back then neither one of us was very good at seeing more than one answer to a question. I remember meeting Kat (Kathy Finley) here, and the thousands of private emails that followed. She asked me to moderate her Fox Body Tech forum, and write her tech quiz for her. After I "retired" from being her moderator, Unit took over. She still emails me sometimes asking for my help with a question in her forums, but I don't hear from her nearly enough anymore. She is a really terrific person, and if you haven't been to her site, there's a link in my sig. I was an every day participant on this site until January 2000. Dan was changing some things, and I kept having trouble logging in. Then, I just stopped coming here. I didn't go to any message boards. I started working for my first Sprint car team, and went back to school to learn PC repair and networking, and was pretty busy. Over the next 17 months, I stopped by here maybe 5 times. Then, this past June, I answered a few threads, and found myself hurrying back to see if any more help was needed. Within a day or two, I received very warm "welcome backs" from some of the true blue here. I can't tell you how great that felt. Anyway, I've been back ever since. It's hard to believe I took 17 months off from here, and I wish I hadn't. I'd have at least 1000 more posts than Unit if I had stayed . The current Mustang Works crowd is by far the best that I've seen, and I too am grateful to have you folks in my life. I really enjoy trying to share things with people who have a desire to learn, rather than those that expect their problems to be solved for them, and these pages are full of such good natured people. Even the always overboard rants between Unit and 1BAD89 end without bloodshed, although if memory serves, they are supposed to meet halfway and race each other. The average age seems to me to be lower than it was before, but they are much more intelligent and mature than the kids on here in the past. This really is a great website, and I'm so glad that WE have all found it, and that the masses elsewhere haven't.

Happy December 2nd, 2001!!!!! (it will never be this day again, so celebrate it!!!)

Love you guys.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 04:17 AM   #10
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I will be at two years also in feburary. I used to never post very much at all. Now it seems like i can't go a day with out posting. I come on here for entertainment purposes more than anything. It is just cool to talk to people that love mustangs as much as i do. It is funny how u can get to know ppl over the computer on a messeage board. This is was my first board and still the only board that i go too. When i first started i really wasn't into it as much as i am now. Now i love to come on here and post.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 06:17 AM   #11
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Thumbs up

This is the best Site I've ever been to. Everyone here seems to know alot about mustangs and even I thought I knew everything untill I came here. I never realized that there was so much to learn. Here, I can ask questions that have been asked many a time before me, but I still get an answer. My friend, here at work has a place kinda like this for his Pt Crusier, and I was jealous. He'd get on on and post questions and get back answers, and I was so mad cause here I owned two Mustangs, one of thee most popular cars owned, and I couldn't even find a message post site. Finally, one day, I got so mad that I couldn't find one that I was bound and determined to seek out and find one. Sure enough, good ol' Yahoo found me one, first one on top. I was so happy. But then it took a month to get the password back, that was even more frustrating. All I could do was read other ppls posts. U couln'd believe how much I wanted to post something, just anything. Now that I can, I love it soo much. I hope that I always come here till I get old. The new mustangs I'll see in my time, well, I guess they'll fly sometime. I wonder if I'll ever see that. Can u imagine, drag races in the sky, sittin in your hoverpod, and two hoverstangs fly past u at speeds over 400 MPH, hehe. Now back to today.

Well, my Mustang is going to need lots of work, so that means lots of questions from ppl like PKRWUD, 6T9PONY, Unit 5302, well, there are so many other names, but I don't have them memorized yet, so if I left u out, plz don't hold it aginst me. Well, there was so much more I was going to say, but it all left as I was typing about the future thing. I thank u all for your help, and I will try to help other as much as I can.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:22 AM   #12
moc
Registered Member

Smile Nice Thoughts

Nice thread ,Your all ahelluva nice bunch of guys
and gals,haven't been keeping up with the board
lately because of some personal tragedies in my
life. But I am going to try harder to be around
more now that i will have some more time on my hands,But its always nice to visit a thread like this . seeya on the boards
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:33 AM   #13
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I'm sorry to hear about the bad news, but I'm glad to see you came back to us.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 12-03-2001, 08:45 AM   #14
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

yes this is a special board,i check out the other ones, but they arent as tight as the people on this one,i look at this first every morning when i get home from work, and look at it last before i go to bed in the afternoon, all in all ilike this board & the people on here best even if im a post ,ho. see you all,thanks

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:50 AM   #15
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Don't worry about being a post wh*re, I post sometimes, just to post, so much action in my life, hehe.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 12-03-2001, 09:01 AM   #16
PKRWUD

Marty you SLUTT!!! You have almost 800 posts since August?!?!?

You Ho, you.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 09:07 AM   #17
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Damn, I thought I didn't have a life
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 12-03-2001, 09:44 AM   #18
jetuomi
Registered Member

Default the future

ditto for me too !!

I've met some great people from here too, stangrrr, smithbling, and others, and you've helped me to get my car running in the shape it is today..

And as for 3 years from now, My car will be in the 12's, I'll have a wife and 3 kids, AND, I'll be moderator.. (hehe)

MustangWorks RULES !!
jetuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 10:48 AM   #19
mustangdani55
Registered Member

well..isn't this just sentimental aahhhh!!!! seriously. this is the BEST forum. i haven't been here that long, but from what i have seen the people on here are the best.
mustangdani55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 11:19 AM   #20
Mach 1
Registered Member

Hehe....I remember those days arguing with PKRWUD. Turns out he does have a clue after-all....lol.

This was the first and only board I cared for. I tried a couple others briefly, but they never measured up to this place.

I guess Ill take this opportunity to thank everybody for putting up with my wise crack remarks all the time..just having some fun.

later
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote