MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-24-2001, 10:25 AM   #21
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Default Good idea but .....

Hey guys, that is a great idea. The only problem I see is me driving all the way from South Ga to Kansas in my Stang, I don't have $200.00 for gas or a trailor to haul it with so I probably wouldn't be able to make it. I mean really, everyone wants to see each other and there stangs, I'm not going to drive my civic up their. LOL Anyways, Good luck on getting a bunch of these guys together. From talking to them, I would say most of them would definitely give it an all out effort to work it into the schedule. I just started my job, have no vacation time and like I said, it would be a pain to bring the car all that ways anyway.

Sorry guys,

James
2 Ch Flowmasters

1/8th ET 9.04
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 11:39 AM   #22
Strawberryblond
Registered Member

It definately could work! I know for the Probe club I used to be apart of, they have national meets all the time. Their biggest one just took place in November called Myrtle Maddness. Obvioulsy they hold it in Myrtle Beach, SC. They've been doing this one for 5 years. The hype for this event is enormous! Tons of ppl go to this thing from all over. Even some ppl from Seattle went. Of course they flew in, instead of driving. Cause they were more interested in meeting the other ppl than driving all that way to show off their cars. They do car contests and lots of activities. It is very well planned. They even get discounts at local hotels.

Well, enough about some other club's meet... I think that having it in the summer is a good idea. But don't you think that we should have it in a more "happening" place? Forgive me... I guess I shouldn't say anything cause I've never been there. But it actually would be good to have it in Wichita cause my former best friend moved there...

Anyway... get ta plannin' will ya?
Strawberryblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 12:30 PM   #23
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I'll be there if you set it up for sometime in the early summer. I may have the notch done by then. A road trip with a 410 Stroker surely couldn't cost that much LOL.

You guys ever hear of CyberBrawl? Don't they do that somewhere in the middle of the US so most people can get there without driving too far? We should all just try to make that to support our favorite Stang site
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 03:10 PM   #24
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

All the real "happening" places are on the coasts. And it's not very fair at all to have it on one coast or the other. Some central-USA cities will be just great for us.

I will try to contact Dan later today or tomorrow. My family is coming over pretty soon so I need to start getting ready for them.

I'm not sure where CyberBrawl is 2FastLX, anyone else?
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 03:24 PM   #25
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Hey guys that would be sweet to do some thing like that I would do my best to get there!!
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 04:03 PM   #26
lx mike
Undescribable

would it be just a get togetehr type thing or maybe a bit of racing soemwhere too??
there was no cyberbrawl this year it was run in bowling green ,KY dan was there he'll tell us about it if he has time.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 04:06 PM   #27
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Default Re: Good idea but .....

Quote:
Originally posted by 90'5.0 Conv
Hey guys, that is a great idea. The only problem I see is me driving all the way from South Ga to Kansas in my Stang, I don't have $200.00 for gas or a trailor to haul it with so I probably wouldn't be able to make it. I mean really, everyone wants to see each other and there stangs, I'm not going to drive my civic up their. LOL Anyways, Good luck on getting a bunch of these guys together. From talking to them, I would say most of them would definitely give it an all out effort to work it into the schedule. I just started my job, have no vacation time and like I said, it would be a pain to bring the car all that ways anyway.

Sorry guys,

James
You basically said everything I was gonna say. I would rather meet you guys with my '79 Stang than my 4-cyl '91, but that'd be way to far for a 3.55-geared, 3-speed auto stang .

HEY, maybe we could have cluster meets, where we people from the east meet in a middle state in the east (like all easterners would meet in Kentucky or Virginia, etc), same for west (meet in Cali) and same for mid-states members. I think that's WAY more practical than having a nationwide meet, right??
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 04:07 PM   #28
Stang Runner
Registered Member

That would be sweet to Like rent a track and have only us out there at it!!!!!!!!! I would be in if I could get there!!!!!
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 04:31 PM   #29
srv1
Get down.....

Default idea..

its sounds like a great idea! i agree with Fox Body, its gunna take some money for gas, but it all depends on when it is. i have to work just like the majority of you. there is no doubt in my mind that i want to go, its the finances. maybe Dan can contact MM&FF or 5.0 magazine and see if they want to come out too! then maybe we can get more people out and then maybe wherever we have it, the local hotels may give us discounts cause of the amount of people that will come to there town/city. just an idea. as for the drive, i really dont mind, i will just put earplugs in!
Old 12-24-2001, 04:32 PM   #30
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I'm sure it would mainly just be a gathering, but I'm also sure that some people would have to go somewhere and run 'em! There's no possible way all us Stangers could go without racing eachother if we met up!

I'd really love to have a nationwide meet. But if enough people just say they want a regional thing, then that can be done, too. But I think it would be the coolest thing ever to get as many people from as many different places there at once!

Stang Runner has a great idea about renting a track. If there were enough of us, we could all pitch in, maybe even find some sponsors to help us, and we could rent the track for a day or whatever. Now how awesome would THAT be?!?!?

Keep it coming!
Old 12-24-2001, 04:44 PM   #31
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

If I had to travel much further than 100 miles, I would have to take the 2000 GT. I've driven the 289 64 1/2 coupe to PA before, but now I shudder at the thought of driving halfway across america during the summer with a Old overheating Coupe with No AC and black vinyl interior. Guess I'm getting old.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 04:50 PM   #32
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Yeah that makes sense Mercury. I know how the black vinyl seats go, along with no a/c. But I hate a/c on old muscle cars. My 351 runs pretty hot too, so a big long trip would not be good on her. That's what the car trailer and the Jeep are for!

I have a solution for you. Put a hitch on your GT and pull the 64 1/2 on a car trailier! Just joking!
Old 12-24-2001, 05:17 PM   #33
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

i think i agree with foxbody,it's going to be too hard to have a nationwide meeting, so let's do the east , midwest , west coast thing, it would be easier & cheaper on everyone, we could take pic's and post them? what do ya think?

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 05:24 PM   #34
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

The east coast, west coast thing is cool, but I like the idea of a national event better. But if enough people want the reginal thing then that would be cool. But I wanted to meet 6T9 Pony, Skyman, and PKRWUD.

BTW it's not about what you drive it's about meeting you. It dosen't matter what you drive there.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 05:30 PM   #35
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

We could rent a track and a dyno for a day if there were enough people. I don't think it's that much to rent a track. I like the nationwide thing, but I can understand why people wouldn't come.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 05:33 PM   #36
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well ok but i would have to drive my gt, its the newest ride i have & still under warranty-hehe got that fomoco roadside assistance deal on it too,not that i would need it.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 05:40 PM   #37
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Yes, it's cool to just meet the people here, but if we did meet, I would like to bring my car (the FOX-- the '79) too. If I left her here and went to meet you guys, she'd kick my butt when I returned.

I would definately LIKE a nationwide meet more than regional, but in terms of practicality, I would only be able to do a regional thing (as I see it as of now). But hey, don't let me stop you guys from having a nationwide meet. I hope it happens (I just probably wouldn't be able to make it though, sorry).
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 05:41 PM   #38
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Everyone needs to realize if you have it in Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, etc.. I really doubt people from CA are going to drive 24 hours.....same way with the other coast. Well...maybe....but it'd have to be a kick a$$ get together......
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 05:45 PM   #39
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

ok who that is over 21 is gonna supply a 17 year old with the neccesities?
thats my concern
everything else is covered
i'm just kidding by the way
or am i????
Old 12-24-2001, 05:51 PM   #40
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

thats a good idea! i live pretty far east and would consider going if it were centralized. i don't know about renting a track? its a good idea, but i would be scared about beating my car for a few runs, having something break, then not be able to drive it home afterwards. could trailer it, but thats no fun i wanna drive it not look at it in the rearview!

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote