MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-26-2002, 01:49 PM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default Mustangworld = Rice

Has anyone here ever looked at the rides at Mustangworld.com. They seem to have the highest percentage of riced out mustangs I've ever seen. True some are perfectly fine, but some are just nasty.

Here is just a sample, some are MUCH worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ulimars1.jpg (23.2 KB, 108 views)

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 02:35 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Red face

i saw a v-6 stang friday with the same taillights ,i guess he couldnt figure out why i was pointing & laughing at him, when i went by-ricehead

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 03:52 PM   #3
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Yeah, I go there every few days to see if there are any new Stang pics to add to the collection and for every nice car there are at least 2 ugly V-6's or 4-banger fox bodies to go around.

To each his own I guess. At least they are proud to own a Mustang, but some are downright FUGLY.

Its cool to see the Stangs from England, Switzerland, Tokyo, and sometimes the middle east though. Its nice to see people in other countries appeciating a real American car and not just ricing out an import.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 04:29 PM   #4
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Yeah, I there every other day too. I see it, and it kind of hurts to see it, but people will be people and do what they wish. I look for the bad a.. mustangs with the big hoods. They love Saleen over there too.
I saw a blue riced mustang a week or so ago, with this odd valence over the window?
You know, the wind guard things? Yeah it was on the back window.. what is that all about? Unless you're rolling down the rear windshield of the car, what's the pupose?
Then I saw a mustang with four tailpipes? Is that reasonible?
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 04:49 PM   #5
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Not only is there rice galore over there, but it also seems like the quality of posts in the message boards are terrible compared to those overhere. When people ask for tech help over there, there is always a slew of posters (usually who don't even own stangs) who quickly put down the asker and make fun of them. Makes me realize how lucky we are to have the "works."

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 05:37 PM   #6
Tod
Registered Member

Mustang rice is getting more common here in Ohio as well. kids think they need to copy import ricers (as scary as that sounds) with their Mustang to do the ricers one better. it never works, only makes them look stupid.
Old 01-26-2002, 06:24 PM   #7
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Something is wrong with that stang but I can't put my finger on it. Ohh wait it's the whole damn thing. I don't know what he was thinking. I've only seen one riced out stang I see it acouple times during the summer around my area. He just has the Euro lights really.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 07:55 PM   #8
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Tireburner,

I noticed that mustangworld was very ricer-fied as well. In fact there is a "Roush" mustang that comes to the dealership i work at every once in a while (to get it's oil changed when it's black and pretty much burnt). Oh....did i mention this "roush" mustang is a base model V6, total bottom price machine, with a BIG roush logo on the front windshield and a big Mustangworld.com sticker on the back under the smaller roush logo. Oh yeah, it also has a chrome shift knob and a K&N stock replacement filter. I actually went looking for it in their rides section but couldn't find it (it must not have been a "ride of the month"). Yeah that site is HORRIBLE!

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:51 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

So what is it yall are *****'n about that looks like a nice car other than the taillights.........Not throwing stones here but unless my car was better than his I wouldnt talk trash
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:00 PM   #10
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
So what is it yall are *****'n about that looks like a nice car other than the taillights.........Not throwing stones here but unless my car was better than his I wouldnt talk trash
Don't bother...I don't.

Either way, the reason that site is so ricey is because as far as I know, they accept every submission...so its not like they are even the slightest bit selective, and I actually think its nice that way. People get to see their ride on a site...maybe its something you don't like? Move on to the next car

Nuff said.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:19 PM   #11
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

What I noticed was while I was searching for some information on google, I pulled up some tech article from them. It was so lame. I couldn't believe their site would have a tech article that was so inaccurate.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 12:09 AM   #12
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Dark_5.0 the pic I posted is just a mild sample of what is on their site. Just check it out.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 01:03 AM   #13
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World

i cant stand ricy mustangs, hell, i cant stand anything ricy.... there is one (or 2) in town. the one 94-98 gt has what looks to be like 3 ground effects kits all stuck on each other, the car is white, he had white light covers with 3 circles in the covers, a back window guard, and a ricy spoiler. there is another one, a 94-98 gt red with 2 yellow stripes, a big park bench looking thing on his trunk. believe it or not, its actually a 3 stack wing.

i have a friend who just bought a 94 gt with a cobra front end, i love what the car looks like now, but he wants to put on one of those double stack wings, he has the glowing lights that shine on the ground, and some of those in the interior of the car. hes gona make that mustang look so ricy. the only nice thing he is supposedly doing is adding saleen ground effects, but that all works into his mastermind ricer plot. he is adding a stereo to it too. man, if i had his money, i would have a faster car.
1984 Bronco II, 36" Michelin Military Tires, 95 EFI 5.0, NP435 Tranny, NP208 Doubler, NP205 Transfer Case, Fill Size Solid Dana 44 Front End, WH Progressive Rate Rock Crawling Coils, Bronco 8.8 Rear, Skyjacker Softride Leafs, 5.13 Gears, Detroit Locker. Final Crawl Ratio Of 175:1

88 GT
Best 60ft. 2.181
Best ET 14.350
Best MPH 98.01
~WRECKED!!!!~
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 10:23 PM   #14
fnfastLx
Registered Member

Default fakes

Quote:
In fact there is a "Roush" mustang that comes to the dealership i work at every once in a while (to get it's oil changed when it's black and pretty much burnt). Oh....did i mention this "roush" mustang is a base model V6, total bottom price machine, with a BIG roush logo on the front windshield and a big
here we get alot of riced out stangs i work in daytona beach so we get all the spring break kids that love to mess up a good thing but one thing that kills me is the .Mustang kid that gets a 4 or 6 and trys to play it off as a real top end such as a saleen .ther is a high school age kid with a green 2001 6 banger ang the thing is in full saleen drag! dorp top with the saleen logo all over it !makes me mad as hell!I have not yet caught him at a red light but when i do ill make him wish he had bought that shiny new civic as my lx shows him the real deal!
no boost no blower no juice and ill still win! 357w ,DSS Bullet 357 Windsor Balanced Rotating Assembly,.373gear,750 demon,victor jr. intake,mac full langth headers full mac ex,sportsman pro rears,windser sr.heads,crane cam,crane ign.
fnfastLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 03:57 AM   #15
GottaGetaV8!
Registered Member

So.....

Which Magazines do you LIKE that deal with Mustangs, and/or Fords?

sorry if its off topic, just looking for more useful information. Thx!
GottaGetaV8! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 09:32 AM   #16
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Quote:
Originally posted by GottaGetaV8!
So.....

Which Magazines do you LIKE that deal with Mustangs, and/or Fords?

sorry if its off topic, just looking for more useful information. Thx!
I'd have to say that 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords is pretty good and Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords is another good one.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 12:04 PM   #17
1980convertible
THE Member..hehe

Question

My favourite magazines are (Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords) and (5.0). but back on topic.....I have been to Japan and I swear you guys would pass out if you saw some of the ricer mods they do over there. the cool kids over there drive imports (Ford, Chev, Dodge) and all of them are riced. All the import minivans I saw have at least 4 tailpipes..some 6...and a couple had 8. My opinion of a ricer is a little different then you guys I guess. I think that once you have all the power you would like then it is acceptable to add the show part. I agree that unsponsored stickers and euro tailights and neon ground effects are a little much but then again I am modifying my car and I Am sure that parts of it will not look like anything you guys have seen...does that make me a ricers and open for criticism?
1980convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 08:26 PM   #18
GottaGetaV8!
Registered Member

The only mag I get these days is GrassRoots Motorsports. Nothing fake about what they have in their pages, rice or otherwise, just real racing for the guy/gal that loves cars no matter what your breed.

I eat rice too. But usually with chopsticks. I saw the "Got Rice" topic somewhere on this board, laughed my arse off! "I eat Rice" - Watashi wa gohan o Taberu. Yup, I speak Japanese too.

I'm new to this board, and was a little surprised by the amount of 'rice' comments. So far I haven't been offended since I wouldn't do that to MY ride either, and personally find that a matter of taste. But the 'ricers' on the rice boards do NOT bad mouth muscle cars as much as you'd expect. Can't we all get along?

I have enough British car enthusiasts mad at me for dropping an RX7 13B motor into a 1500 lbs MG Midget. "Blasphemy!" they say.

It's your ride, do what you want to it.
GottaGetaV8! is offline   Reply With Quote