MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-06-2002, 04:13 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Talking My adventures on Sunday..cont.

Well, I finally got the time to finish telling about my weekend. Time for me to crank up my rythmic typing tunes, crack my knuckles, and spin the yarn.

Que the Stones, Sypmathy for the Devil, grab the can of Milwaukee Best Ice, and here we go.

Sunday morning I got home from hanging out with the gang alot later than I intended. 3:30, and I had to be at the terminal (Work) by 6:30. And I also had to pick the fellow Co-worker that I'm seeing so we can go to Rockingham.

I ran in, looked at the time on the microwave...3:30. Okay, 2 hours of sleep, I can deal with that. I run into my room, set my alarm clock for 5:15.

I lay in bed, tossing and turning, trying so desperatley to get to sleep. Must of taken me half an hour or so to finally slip off into the realm of dreams (Which I didnt have any). The Alarm clock blares into my ear. 5:15, Time to wake up and get ready. I grab my favorite Ford Shirt (Blue with a white classic Ford oval) my best set of Blue Jeans, a White Thermal shirt, my lucky Mr Potato Head boxers, and rush to the shower.

30 minutes later, I emerge from the clouds of steam, hairspray, and cologne (I leave the bathroom), and fly downstairs to make my Coffe. As I zoom by the MIcro Wave I glance to see how much time I have.What the HELL! 4:45. That cant be right. I go into my room and see that I, the lazy person I am, didnt set my clock back in my room that hour. Damit.

I had roughly 30 minutes of sleep. Awesome. Felt energized though. I read the paper, watch some infomercials Yes, you to can use NADS..ON your Face, your leggs, your ect...ect...ect..

I hop in my car, and go to pick up my date. Making as much racket as humanly possible with my Off-Road H-pipe, and Two Chamber Flows...I tried to wake the dead. I entered her nieghborhood and gave it pure hell the whole way to her house...So I could wake up her...Umm....Cant say. Needless to say, she heard me when I turned onto the main road. A mile away. And I accomplished my mission...hehehhehehe. Some times I can be so evil.

There was plenty of time for me to get to the Terminal, but in my usual fashion, I got there in half the time a normal person would of taken. There wasnt one turn that wasnt taken Sideways, and slid around. And my passenger enjoyed everybit of it.

Got there with 20 minutes to spare..First ones there. At 5:45, Sunday morning...There is no such thing as red lights...Well, stopping for Red lights.

Shortly after we arrive, 2 minivans, and a Expidition pull in. The buses to Rockingham, driven by other Managers. Turns out that I blew by each of them on the way there. After everyone arrives, we hop in, my date (Co-Worker) hops in, luckily all the other people I get along with hop in the van I'm in, and were off. Headed to The Rock Ford Windstar style. RIght then the festivities started. Thats all I'm going to say about that. Miller Lite anyone.

This was my dates first Nascar race, and on top of that, she's only watched one on TV before. Her story was proven when she asked me if they sold Beer at Nascar Races...Yes Hell they do, if they didnt, a feirce riot would pursue and governments would be overthrown.

Got there, saw Jeff Gordon in person. I'm no fan of his, but I was surprised to see that he was my size, I'm small, but I always pictured him as bieng even smaller than me.

Me and my date went back to the minivan to get warm, and so I could take a brief nap. Well, while asleep, I rolled off the back seat and managed to get myself stuck between the Rear seat and mid seat. All she did was laugh and take pictures of me bieng stuck. Great.

Met back up with all the others (13 of us total), when we found one of those Pit Crew competition things. You know, where you and one of your buds compete so see who can change tires faster. So, my boss man (Who I'm actually real cool with now) challenged me to a friendly duel.

Oh, the gloves were off, and the sleeves went up. Ford VS Chevy (He's a Chevy man) Drag racing VS Circle Track (He also races Dirt Track). It was on. My date took my jacket, and gave me a few words of confidance...It was on.

Infront of an audience of at least 150 people, We stood. Waiting for the pretty blond girl to yell go. Bouncing in stance, I was ready to pounce at the second "GO" was yelled. The wind howled, the bite of the crisp Fall air was felt on my cheeks. Grass swayed in the breeze. Legs dancing Energetically like Bruce Lee, I was ready.

Beating the Boss man would give me bragging rights of all eternity. No matter what happened, I would be able to use it as fuel for any arguement, to turn it in my favor. Bad Productivity the night before...Well Bossman remember, I beat you at the pit crew competition...It would be my kill all no matter what the situation at work.. I was ready for it.

GO

I pounced like a Tiger on his prey. Grabbing the air gun before I even hit the ground. Feverishly I Loosened the Lugs. Air hissing pass the turbine that drove the socket. Finger never lifting off the trigger as my hand danced from Lug to Lug...Yes...hehehehe I got him..
I gave a confident glance to my boss man as I loosend the last lug...Two ahead of him....Musahahahhahahahaha..Your mine...hahaha. I firmly grasped the tire and yanked with all my muscle.

What happened next would forever change my preconcieved hopes of victory and its spoils.

Jerking the tire foward, towards me with every ounce of strenght my arms had, the tire flew towards me. And didnt stop...OH CRAP. The little Good year winged Tennis Shoe emblem hit me smack in the Fore head, and the edge of the rim on my nose. Glasses flying off as I fell back, I landed with a thud.

Stars circled my head, No...No...I'm getting beat...Argh..Did I just whack myself in the face with a tire..Ouch..Is my nose broke, because is sure as hell hurts. I jump back up, grab the air gun ( I dont remember throwing it..Funny), and begin to tighten. My boss finishes as I tighten the second one...DAM..NO...I've Been Beat...I JUST KNOCKED MYSELF ALMOST OUT WITH 150 + people watching...I HAVE BLACK MARKS ACROSS MY HEAD and NOSE. Oh the humanity. How terrible.

My boss just smiles, punches my shoulder and says "Shall we go Again". So, I consult my Friend Miller Lite several times, and tell him..Maybe later, after my nose stops hurting.

The race comes and goes before I realize it. By the end of it..I'm back to bieng Sober. My date is fascinated by it all. She loved the sounds, the smell, the energy. My god, bestill my beating heart, she has to be the one for me.

I sleep on the way back, so does she. Not like that though. Anyway. One of the other Managers (For those who remember, drove a 2000 Z28, which I beat, also drove a 98 Cobra..Which I beat, then he got a 99 Z28 6 spd, which again...I beat..That now owns a 2002 Z28 6 spd SS) started talking trash about how he can beat my "lowly" Mustang GT, with his 2002 Z28 SS 6 spd.

Well, this guy cant much race, maybe better than 50 percent of the people out there, but not better, nowhere near as good as me. He stupidly....Honestly....Says He'll write me a check for a thousand Dollars if I beat him in a race.. I told him I wouldnt race for no big money like that, and he lets it die down. Says he didnt want to race anyway because it would be a waste of gas.

I sit there for a few minutes as my car warms up (Date sitting in it) and talk trash back to him. We both laugh a few, and shake and agreed to do it another time.

Well, it didnt happen like that. When we pulled out..It was on. For at least 10 miles we raced continuosly. At first my date was thrilled. Time and Time again...HE LOST...HEHEHEHE..To bad I didnt agree to the money. God help me I have a wittness to it this time..My passnger..Who at first was thrilled by the races, but when me and Brad went shotting by Super Walmart at over 130 MPH, started getting a little scared. I backed off for her, with my nose still ahead of his by at least 10 ft.

As I slowed back down to saner speeds, she pulled her self up from the "Kiss you Butt good bye" position, and reluctantly uncovers one eye. Hey, she told me to race him..So I did. She loved every minute of it, even though she said I was a nut.

She knew that, and thats why she likes me. I may not party, drink, and go to frat parties, but I can still have a blast.

Sorry if I'm tooting my own horn, but I've had a few beers now, and I'm feeling pretty gosh darn good. Dispite that, nothing is embelished or fabricated on this story (Okay..Maybe the Tire changing incidnet was dramatisized alittle, but I did hit myself pretty hard)

I dropped my date off at home because she was tired, then I went home and freshened up. Met my friends at Apple Bee's once again. My hostess wasnt working..Darnit.

After dinner, me and my friends went out for a quick cruise around the local theaters. There was a pretty asian Girl in the passenger seat of a Eagle Talon, that definelty had a Whirly Bird (Turbo), we pull out onto Mcpherson Church Rd, and he guns it. Not one to me showed up, I chase him down. As I begin to pass him I look in my rear view mirror (I made alot of racket while leaving the theater), and see a White Crown Vic pull out and haul major butt towards us.

OH CRAP!!!!

No lights Yet..I decide to Run like hell. I cut infront of the Talon, and swing a Hard right onto Cliffdale Rd. A glance in my rear view shows that the Talon did also, I watch in horror as the Talon Slows and the Crown vic with something on the roof swings pass him and comes towards me...CRAP. I hold my right foot to the floor, never letting off, not even to shift. I swing another Hard right onto the freeway (All American Freeway), and give it all I have. I enter the highway, then take the first exit near the mall. The Crown Vic is still in pursiuit but way far back..No lights..hmmm.interesting.

Luck has it that the lights on the exit ramp were green so I pull a hard left (Most people when bieng chased only take rights, so I took as many lefts as I could). Look in my rear view..Crown Vic still trying to pursue. I shoot pass the mall, and hang a right when I loose site of him and duck behind a restraunt in the mall parking lot.

My heart raced. I called my friends to let them know what happened and that I'd meet them later.

Never saw any lights turn on, but with the persistance of the Crown Vic, it bieng white, and having something on top, I could only come to the conclusion that it was a cop. Why would a cop NOT turn his lights on though??? What ever it was, I ran like hell from it.

Well, that wraps up my weekend. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but the beer is keeping me from remembering now. Either way, that ends another Mercury Weekend. Hopefully I get some more good stuff to tell you this upcoming weekend. hehhehehe One never knows.

Merc Out.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 11:08 AM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Another great story Merc...
You always have an adventure to tell about lol.... What would you have done if the crown vic was a cop and turned it's lights on? Glad to hear you got away either way. Also congrats on the girl... I don't know if there is many girls that like going 120mph anyway.

Take it easy buddy,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 05:43 PM   #3
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Damn man you have an awesome life. Good story as usual. You are a really good writer man

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 11:46 PM   #4
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

Glad to see you back Merc, I always enjoy your stories.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:05 AM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Glad you all enjoy my adventures. I enjoy telling them...Well Writting them.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote