MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-09-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Angry My bad day continues....

It started on Thursday, for me, monday for my friend. Ever wondered where your bad luck comes from, well, it's from friends, they pass it on.

On monday, my friend goes to start my old '66 that he bought, dead batt. On tuesday, he's wife gets $100 stolen from them, it's for his car parts that he just ordered from Jegs. So now he has to go in dept for his bank to pay off the parts. Later that day, I go to see about the car, charge up the batt, then just to find out the the cam had to jump a couple of teeth because of the few times he over reved the motor, I'm thinking that now the piston is hitting the valves, so I told him not to drive it and we'd fix it later next week, after pay day. Late Wednesday afternoon, I find out that I'm getting deployed, and so I can't help him with the car, since I leave this Next Friday. As u can see, my luck is starting to go bad. I now can't fix my '79 Mustang, can't get rid of my '89 Mustang thats in a trailer, in the dorms, which is not supposed to be there, got a ticket yesterday. I no where near ready to leave since I spent all my money on parts.

Now, yesterday was the worst day possible. Since I'm so stressed about leaving, my mind was in other spots, not where is was supposed to be. On my way to pick up my mobility bags, I remembered that my radiator fluid was low, and since it's hot outside, I needed to get it filled up. So I go to the nearest water hose and begain to fill it.

Well, I made a mess, so I decited to wash it off. Now that the motor is wet, I started up the truck, to get it to dry. I didn't turn off the hose like a dumb ***. I reached over to rev up the motor while under the hood, but (like I said before, my mind was in another spot) I didn't pay atention to where I put the water hose.

I soon found out where it was, the end of it stuck in the Stock Air intake, which aloud the water to funnel up, straight to the motor, which, as u can guess, hydrolocked the motor!

Now my '89 Bronco is broken, needing a complete engine rebuilt, my '79 is about to get towed away, and I'm getting sent over sea's, do u think anyone cares. Hell no!

Now, I guess I have something to do when I get back, and it's not buying that '65 Fastback right now
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 03:51 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Bad luck sucks

Bad luck sucks and when it rains, it pours. Can you say where you're going? Do you know when you'll be back? Take care and watch your back if you're going where I think.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 04:04 PM   #3
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I can't say where on here, but it's in the desert, somewhat close to osama. I'll be gone for about 60-90 days, but I heard that they have comps there, so I will be able to talk to u all still. Very very hot there. 150+
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 05:49 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Man that sucks.

Where the heck is Travis? There may be some people on the board close enough to let you drop off a car or trailer until you get back. I know I'd store one for somebody in your position leaving from Pendleton.

Sorry about your week.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 09:45 PM   #5
PKRWUD

Go to Vegas before you split. Your luck can only get better, so you might as well make some money with it!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 05:29 AM   #6
rustang girl
Registered Member

Wow, god, I'm really sorry!

I have a large ranch, you can store your car there for as long as you need to.

Sorry about your car probs.

BTW: The Vegas idea sounds like a good one!
http://ricehatersclub.com/
http://MechaPS.com/
rustang girl is offline   Reply With Quote