MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-13-2002, 08:26 PM   #1
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Default My BF spun out on the highway!

While I was at work my bf came up to say hi and go get me some lunch. After we said good bye he left to go back home. Once I got off work I went to my parents house to drop off my dad's dog ( I work at a Dog/Cat boarding, grooming and training facility and I can bring my pets to work) When I got there my mom had told me that my bf came over and was white as a ghost. She said he started crying too.
When I got home with my bf he told me what happened. It was raining and he was in 5th gear at about 50 mph. He was giving constant gas when he said the car started to fishtail and he spun completely around and across the highway from the fast lane into an embankment. A passerby stopped to see if he was ok and helped my bf get out.
He made it out and I am so happy nothing major happened. My bf said that all he saw were lights and gray and he said there was traffic everywhere and it was a miracle he didn't hit anybody.
The only damage to the car was a extremely bald tire. (Burnt up the tire trying to get out of the embankment)

EVERYBODY PLEASE BECAREFUL!!!!
Since then I have gained a new respect toward his car and mine. I couldnt begin to imagine him or anybody on here getting hurt or killed in a car wreck.

Take care!!!!
Old 05-13-2002, 10:30 PM   #2
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I am glad to hear he is okay. I had a similar experience a couple winters ago. I was driving in what I thought was rain, but was actually freezing rain.

I had the cruise on and when I came over a hump approaching a bridge, I heard my engine rev. I should have known then. My tires had broken lose over the bridge. But I kept going till I spun out about a mile down the road. I ended up sliding through the median and stopped just short of sliding into traffic going the opposite direction. As I sat getting my car out of the grass, I watched two others cars hit the same patch and come sliding toward me. Scary. I got it out and headed straight home....no damage to me or car luckily. Learned my lesson for sure.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 11:18 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Dangerous when wet

OnMy3rdStang:

I'm really glad to know that your boyfriend came out of the spin O.K. with no injuries and no car damage. He was fortunate.

As you both now know, Mustangs can be lethal on wet roads, even worse on ice. The rear wheel drive and nose-heavy aspects of the 'Stang plus the immense torque available all make for a dangerous combination in the wet. Anything less than good tire tread just increases the risk.

Thanks for the real-life warning.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:17 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

it only takes a second i know, glad your bf is ok my right front tire blew out insome s curves, next thing i knew my front end was skidding down a gaurdrail, my left hand is still messed up, cant pick up anything over 5 lb's with it, plus i was without my car for 2 months, this was on a dry road, be careful out there people

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote