MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-10-2001, 01:51 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Question I bought a GM..........Magazine. Is that wrong?

Tim C and I did our usual sunday thing and went to the bookstores, Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million. We flipped through the car mags and looked through the Automotive section to see if anything new was out.

I found my self grabbing GM-High-Tech and flipping through it for the first time. Tim C looked at the cover of the magazine I was reading, then looked at me and shook his head.

"What?" I shrug my shoulders and try to look stupid (Not to hard for me to do.).

"Hmmmm...Your not looking at that magazine because (Girls Name) drive's a Trans-Am Are ya? Pretty soon you'll be going to Bryan Pontiac and getting a Red WS-6." Tim adds.

"No, that has nothing to do with me reading this. I like reading about......the....um.....GM's." I stammer

"Thats the first time I seen you reading anything with GM in the title. Its the Girl. You'll be driving a FireTurd soon." He quickly replies.

"No, its not the girl (Yes it is.) Umm Do they have any Pontiac Magazines. Something that might have FireBirds in it?"

He just shook his head, laughed and walked away. I felt kinda like a trader, I actually bought the GM-High-Tech Magazine. And yes it was because of the girl. Just wanted to become a little more educated and have a little more insight on her area of intrest.

Now that I think about it, I should of just waited till Saturday and asked her more about her car. Dangit, anyone wanna a buy the most currnet issue of GM-High Tech (Oxymoron opps...cant say that anymore.) magazine for .....say......30.00$. Hey I have to make my money back somehow.

Man, I hope I'm not getting set up for heartbreak. I just have a real good feeling about this girl. I am so damn excited about Saturday. Maybe this is the one. Its not even Monday yet. ARGHHHH.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 03:25 AM   #2
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Talking

I it wrong!!??
Hell ya!! j/k

To defeat the enemy, first one must know what makes the enemy run. That could be your line of defense. LOL

And about your date, Think Positive!
Don't think about possible heartbreak before you have even been on your first official date! But anyway, hope all goes well for you.
Kelly
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 05:43 AM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by MustangKelly96
...To defeat the enemy, first one must know what makes the enemy run. That could be your line of defense. LOL
That's right (what I was gonna say).

Concerning the girl, yeah, think positive, be confident and all that good stuff, yeah, but be careful not to think way too much into it. Sounds almost like you perhaps may be setting yourself up for disappointment b/c you are kinda got everything riding on this one girl. Not trying to be negative and pessimistic about your situation, just don't get overly excited (carried away) and expect finality from a girl you only spent a few minutes talking to. Just take it easy, either way, you'll be cool.

All in all, dude, if it is meant to be, I really hope this works out for you. If not, IMO, it's hard for me to see you single for too much longer-- you seem like too cool of a guy for that.

Take care.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 02:02 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Actually the magazine was interesting, I learned a good amount about the LS-1's. Well at least more than I knew before, which was nothing. Except for that there tuff-stuff on the street.

The FireBird guys were all smiling and giving me the thumbs up, they were real cool. A few even said they have never seen that Girl be the receptive to anyone, or be that way around another guy.

I'm glad I'm starting to make some friends from the "Dark Side". I'm finding out that they actually respect us Mustangers. A few of them even said some good things about my car, and I take a few of them have seen me run before.

Now, if things go well with me and this girl, I can see a small problem. Figuring out who's driving who in what car! Whos going to pick up who in what car! Those are all problems I can deal with though. Its not so bad as longs as its a RED WS-6. I can tolerate riding in it or driving it, Though I'd rather drive my baby the Red Baron.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 12-11-2001, 01:38 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Okay.....Yesterday I just got a NEXT GENERATION catalog in the mail. Its a catalog for F-body performance parts, and other such crap. I didnt order it, I dont think anyone signed me up for it.

Strange. Now if I can just get a red Trans-Am 6 spd sent to me! Hey, I'm a Ford Man, Mustang Man, but gotta love the way the new TA's look.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 12-11-2001, 07:49 PM   #6
TXinPA
Registered Member

Default ooooh noooooo

women = mans ruin

men = michelles ruin

haha. =]
TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:26 PM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

*shakes head in disbelief*....

How could you Mercury? I NEVER thought you would do that to us....

Hehe...just playin dood....i understand that....

If you know where they are vulnerable, you can get them right through the heart.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 01:22 AM   #8
I hate Rice
Registered Member

trader,

J/k
I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote