MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-05-2001, 10:01 AM   #1
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

Post My car made people run scared

I had my car in the shop last weekend and after the trans was in and filled we decided to fire it up. Except it was running BBK Shorties, no H-pipe or mufflers. There was a couple that were talking to a mechanic next to us with their kids looking over their car on the . When we fired this thing up it roared like all hell! My friend reved it to 5 grand and the people jumped back and scattered with their kids.

I guess they thought the car was angry at them or something..... LOL. It was pretty damn funny and I just thought I would share

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 10:30 AM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

When I first got my setup done, I ran it down the street with headers only. The H-pipe hadnt came in yet but I was ready to drive it. I played up and down the street a few times til my neighbors called the cops.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 10:34 AM   #3
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokedawg:
When I first got my setup done, I ran it down the street with headers only. The H-pipe hadnt came in yet but I was ready to drive it. I played up and down the street a few times til my neighbors called the cops.

HAHA, did they give you any tickets for it, or just busted your balls?

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 10:38 AM   #4
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

He started off telling me that he could give me numerous tickets. Such as noise pollution and such. But I got no ticket, he was pretty cool about it and asked if I would keep it in the garage til I got my exhaust put on so the old neighbors wouldnt complain so much.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:39 AM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

My friends Fairlane has scared people before. Its got long tubes going into old blown out Glass packs. Dumps right underneath the driver and passenger. A really cammed out 390 makes ALOT of noise.

I think its kinda funny when he cranks it up in a parking lot and unsuspecting people drop stuff and cover there ears, and kids go running away.

Put it this way, my Girl friend was working oe Saturday night, and I went cruising with Eric in the Fairlane. We stopped to get gas across from Walmart.

My girlfriend called me later that night and said while she was sitting INSIDE Subway on her lunch break she heard a really loud car, and looked up to see this Light Blue car sitting at the gas station (Its across the street, which including the parking lot spans about an 8th of a mile a way), it was us in the Fairlane she saw.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 12:58 AM   #6
429mustang
Registered Member

I cruised around my street about two weeks ago when I took my h-pipe off, and since it was raining I accidentely burned out (yeah right). About half an hour later I was putting the new pipe back on and a cop drove past my house pretty slow, I assume one of my neighbors called the cops. I can't wait til I get my 429 from the machine shop, I'm anxious to hear how it'll sound with just headers. The 302 was a little louder than I expected.

------------------
86 Mustang GT w/pretty stock 93 5.0 (cam,pulleys,injectors, throttlebody,h-pipe)
Motor to be swapped for a 1970 429 +.030, ported heads, solid roller cam, victor intake, 10.2:1 comp, C-6 trans, 3:73 rearend W/moser axles
429mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 01:13 AM   #7
DemonGT
Registered Member

i thought that runing it with just headers could hurt the motor??

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Cat-back,off road H,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Competition gauges,C&L 76mm MAF,Accufab 70mm TB,TFS street heat intake

Waiting install:Nothing

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,TFS heads,TFS stage 1 cam,lakewood struts/shocks,nitto DR's
ICQ#35670781
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 08:02 AM   #8
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I dont think it would hurt the motor I just wouldnt leave it running for a long period of time. That exhaust is very hot at that point and can melt some of the wiring underneath the vehicle.

------------------
Old 07-06-2001, 10:51 AM   #9
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have had ppl jump back and cover there ears with the mufflers still on. So one time while i lived in thousand oaks, ca I took the mufflers off and started it up u could here kids crying from all the way down the block. It was amazing. My ears where ringing like i had been at a rock concert for the rest of the day and all through the night.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote