MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-15-2001, 11:44 AM   #1
quick89gt
Registered Member

Post GIRLFRIEND = PROBLEMS (part 2)

Well, as many of you know, a month ago, I put up a post about problems I was having with my girlfriend. I'll refresh your memory really quick. She had met me, moved here from california, and we were together for about 3.5 months, when we started fighting and she said she wanted her space, and that she wasn't ready for a serious relationship. Well, here's the update:
We tried it again, but then something happened between mutual friends to where it would have made it really hard for it to work b/c she hated my friend and I hated her friend. So, we broke up again. Well, then we date other people, and I couldn't handle that b/c I still love her, and she still loves me. Now, she is unhappy here in Illinois, and is moving back to California on the 26th of February, that's less than 2 weeks away, and I can't stand the thought of losing her. She told me that her and her ex-boyfriend out there are going to try it again, and I'm mad that I never had a fair shot, and that too many constraints were on our relationship due to her jealous *** friend that she lived with, who tried to dictate her life and made her feel guilty for spending time w/ me. Anyways...it hurts bad, and I am dreading the day she leaves. Any advice???? Sorry it's so long, but that was the broken down version of what happened.
josh

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Bored .030 Over, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Keith Black hyp. flat top Pistons, Screamin' Deamon Coil, Champion Plugs, March Underdrive Pulleys, 255lph Fuel Pump, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 12:34 PM   #2
btr
Registered Member

Her and her ex-boyfriend in CA???? Looks like she's had a safety net all along. Not much of a g/f in my opinion if she is keeping touch with other guys. You're better off w/o her.
btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 01:20 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Dude, actually I think this is like Part III isn't it?

Anyway, to be blunt, nothing has changed, and I can't see anything changing the way you want it to. My advice is still the same.

Let her go, get together with friends, have fun, do what you like, maybe meet another girl.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 01:30 PM   #4
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

Josh, I have to agree with the others. Especially btr. He's right. Sounds like she's had her ex hanging around for backups (ol' reliable?). I've been there before and it sucks azz. Take Unit's advice. I'd just move on and find another woman. She's out there. Just from what you have said it doesn't sound like she's really been in this thing with ya'll. You'll feel better when you back to chasing women. I just went thru a sh*itty break up, myself. Sorry, dude. Just head over to Hooters. Take your mind off of it.

------------------
1996 Mustang GTS
95GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 04:52 PM   #5
Josh91
Registered Member

I agree with the others. You are better off without her.

------------------
1991 Mustang GT - Cobra Intake, FMS 65mm TB, C&L 73mm MAF, GT-40P heads, Crane 2031 cam, Crane 1.7rr, Built AOD, Art Carr 2400 non-lockup converter, Transgo shift kit, BBK chrome cold air, FMS 'P' headers, Pacesetter off-road H, BBK aluminum pulleys, 2-C Flows w/ dumps, 4.10's, Steeda STB, for now...

The Original GT-40P Tech Page
Josh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 12:57 AM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I agree... Let her go... She will be the one who loses here... as it was said, she has had this saftey net the whole time and you knew nothing about it.. you don't want this! Just go out and keep yourself busy, things will get better!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 12:37 PM   #7
MY91GT
Registered Member

Do you really want someone who would consider getting back with their ex-boyfriend? I would hope not. If her train of thought is along those lines, I really dont see yourself being happy with someone with that and fully trusting her. I would just try to move on. I know it hard cuz my girlfriend of 3.5 years almost broke up b/c of her mom and the thought of losing her was devastating, but life goes on and it doesnt wait for anyone. Just my 2 cents. E-mail me if you wanna chat.

------------------
TW Heads, TW Steet Intake, 65mm TB, 75mm MM, Anderson N-2 cam, melling oil pump, underdrives, paxton regulator, bbk 155 intank, 30lbers, motorsport alum rad, accell 8.8 wire, msd ignition and coil, 3.73 gear, WC t-5z, cobra clutch, K&N, hooker shorties, pacesetter h-pipe, and dynomax cat back, mac upper and lower control arms, no front sway bar. I think that's it. GO ILLINI!!!
12.985 @ 107.43 w/ 1.929 60' time on street tires.
MY91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 12:49 PM   #8
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I will kinda have agree with the others on many of their points.

But also, of course, there is really no way for us to know exactly how you feel about her and all the details (not asking for them--just saying). Have you ever sat down with her and discussed this issue w/o starting a verbal fight and placing blame on stupid little issues in the past? If you really, really think she's worth the effort (at the same time understanding that yes, she may not be the one for you), then go for it. But I would at least sit down with her when there is no one else around for at least 30 minutes and discuss the issue with her. Make your judgement off that. Take in all the verbal and nonverbal dimensions coming from her and use common sense.

No girl is worth screwing up your mind!! Hope it works out. That means whichever way is best for you.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 01:23 PM   #9
Try Me
Registered Member

Thumbs down

A word of info to all the guys out there - the girl only bails if she has someone else lined up (hence, the ex-boyfriend) or has someone in mind she's gonna line up with.
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 01:31 PM   #10
Godslayer
Registered Member

I agree with Try Me. Girls almost always have someone else lined up before they bail. Most of them (no offense to any female members), are attention whores and can't stand being alone. Hence why they will stay in a sh!tty relationships. I agree with everyone else and say move on. If she's had her ex on the burner, then you have no way of trusting her. Relationships are like trains. They move ahead, not backward. Don't waste your time, there are so many girls who would appreciate you.

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 04:26 PM   #11
Mach 1
Registered Member

I have noticed the same thing with woman, there is always someone else when they leave you. Kind of interesting, and just makes me lose that much more respect for woman.

They just use men, pretty pathetic, but i am a harsh judge of character.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote