MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-26-2001, 01:13 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Question Possibility that my Girlfriend is lurking on this site. Should I watch what I say?

I dont have any reason to believe this, but call it gut feeling. I think my Girlfriend/ ex girlfriend/ what ever the hell she is, found the site, and knows my User name. I mean I have nothing really to hide at all, but I'm not sure if I should exercise caution while posting.

I was going to post something that happened tonight while I was at dinner with her friend and there family, but I dont want to cause there friendship any problems.

As I said, no reason to think so, but my Gut feelings are usually pretty acurate. What would you all do?
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 01:32 AM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Yeah my gut feeling is usually right too. Is she your ex-girlfriend or your you g/f? Big difference. Ex- G/F= no Big deal, say whatever you want. Your current G/f=, ummm....yes watch what you say, and I'd be asking for some posts to be deleted....hint, hint. And wouldn't that include this post? LoL. Because if she she's this post, then.....what will she think? But in my opinion you haven't done anything horrible or bad....but if she is your current g/f and you don't want a big hassle, yeah you better watch it bud. But my gut tells me it's your EX, so say whatever the heck you want to. heh.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 01:35 AM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

That's kind of messed up that she'd go that far as to check what you're saying on a MUSTANG web site.

If you're still together or still trying to work things out with her, I'd watch it man. But if you're done with your relationship with her, then you're free to speak your mind.

We're your boys. Bros before hoes man. Haha. I suppose that's sorta irrelevant. Anyways....

Why do you have a gut feeling or suspect she's been looking/watching this website?
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 01:53 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I usually trust my gut feelings, there rarely wrong. My gut feelings are 95% right when it comes to racing/speeding. For some reason I find my self passing up Potentially great races, only to find a cop a 1/2 a block down the road, and find my self slowing down to the speed limit only to see a cop hiding behind something.

I've also ignored my gut feelings on previous relationships, and bets only to get bitten.

Have no reason to believe shes scoping out the site, but something in the back of my head is telling me she is. I've been lead astray by my gut feeling before, but not very often at all.

Well, our relationship is kinda up in the air as of tonight. I think she misunderstood something I said, and we started arguing. Right before she got out of the car she said "Well why dont you ever offer to spend time with me with out me forcing you too?"

I told her "I do but you obviously never pay me any attention." She slammed my car door, and I left TWO WIDE BLACK STREAKS in her Drive way when I backed up, and left 20 Ft long ones infront of her house when I left.

In the car she said that we should just give things up becaue they'll never work out.

Not only would I be losing her, but me and her best friend whom we shall call "Bee" have become real good friends with one another, and I've become good friends with "Bee's" brother.

I wont go any further than that into the "Bee" thing, thats a whole other Threads worth of material right there. But the point is I'd hate to loose two real good and close friends because of me and my girls braking up.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 02:02 AM   #5
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

well merc, i don't really know what to tell ya. never been in a situation quite like that. i'm also 17. hehe.

one thing though, COMPLETELY off the subject, I have a poster in my room that says "MUSTANG.....the unexpected." and it has a picture of a car on it EXACTLY like your '64 1/2. It's actually like a metal thing. Tin of some sorts. Pretty neat. I got it at an antique store in San Antonio when I was there for X-mas a couple years back. My room is a complete shrine to sports (mainly football) and cars (mainly Mustangs)......ahhh...sports and cars.....the important things in life...hehe.....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 02:16 AM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Screw her. Quit trying to work things out, and say what you think here. You're getting beat down, and in the process ignoring opportunities that come your way.

If she's doin the private eye thing chasing you around the boards, she's just trying to use it as ammo. Everybody in here know you've been giving your relationship every possible chance dude.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 03:04 AM   #7
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Screw her. Quit trying to work things out, and say what you think here. You're getting beat down, and in the process ignoring opportunities that come your way.

If she's doin the private eye thing chasing you around the boards, she's just trying to use it as ammo. Everybody in here know you've been giving your relationship every possible chance dude.
yeah!
Old 11-26-2001, 09:14 AM   #8
Capri306

I completely agree. You are overthinking this WAY TOO MUCH, MERC. No relationship should require as much work as you try to put into it, so if things just aren't working out, screw it before you get screwed. Take it from those of us who know. Unit is right on; if she is snooping, she will come back at you with something you said a loooong time ago in a completely different state of mind, but yet act like she's quoting something from the Bible. I've had girls do that, too. "Remember when you said....." I HATE when they try that crap!!!!

I used to be a little like you, Merc, always looking for a relationship. Sooner or later you're going to realize, like I did, you can't look for one or just 'make it happen'. You just have to let it happen, and treat every encounter like a one-time date thing.....kind of.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 09:46 AM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i wouldnt sweat it i say what i want & my wife is a member too hehe ,really though if she is your ex then screw it.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:33 AM   #10
mustangdani55
Registered Member

hey merc...i could be your girlfriend and you wouldn't even know it...but i'm not
mustangdani55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:39 AM   #11
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

there you go merc ? the answer!

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:51 AM   #12
PKRWUD

...the plot thickens...

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 11:26 AM   #13
mustangdani55
Registered Member

how thick does it need to be????
mustangdani55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 11:56 AM   #14
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Wink

Mercury:

I wouldn't worry too much about the girlfriend lurking.

It sounds as if she's got one foot out the door of your 'relationship' (I hate that word) and the other about one halfway there. Not much to lose.

I doubt she's too concerned with anything you might post here, other than a perfectly normal curiosity about what you're saying about her - good or bad. If you knew that she was posting messages on some other website and you thought she was talking about you wouldn't you be interested to know what she's saying? I would.

Whether or not she'll use something you post against you is most likely not a problem, as it seems as if she finds plenty of reasons to not want to continue seeing you and a post here would only be another in what appears to be a long list of complaints this girl has. At least that's my impression based on what you've said about your trials and tribulations with this girl. If that perception is wrong, I'm sorry, but it seems as if you're breaking up or about to break up most of the time. I have to wonder; do you guys ever have any fun together? Doesn't sound like it.

The other day somebody asked me if I ever watch 'soap operas' on TV. I said "No, I don't have to, I just read the messages on Mustang Works 'open' forum and I get all the interpersonal 'relationship' angst that I can use".
Some of the situations remind me of when I was dating and going through the same crazyness from time to time. Glad that's over.

Hey Merc, I really hope it all works out for you but I wouldn't be concerned about posting here. You can be honest but just don't post any really nasty stuff or lies about her and you 'll never have to worry.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 12:15 PM   #15
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangdani55
how thick does it need to be????
LOL
Old 11-26-2001, 12:38 PM   #16
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

OK, my opinion time. If you can't tell her the stuff you say on this board, then she probably isn't worth keeping around. Good luck whatever you do Merc, and keep us posted.