MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-01-2003, 03:34 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy Keep my Kinde in your thoughts!!!

Hey ya'll..
Well, I took My puppy (chiwahwah) Racie to the Vet on Monday to get her nails clipped...she's FINE! and growing..up to 7.3 lbs now, and very happy! BTW: I discoverd 2nite, she likes Cantaloupe...uggh! lol

BUT...ya'll know I have joint custody of my 2 11 year old Pomeranians. Well...My very first dog I have EVER owned in my entire life is not doing just really well. I got Kinde (German for "children", Her Registered name, being German...) when she was 6 weeks old. She was my 'training baby'. No one EVER thought I could ACUTALLY be a mother to a real child!!! I was actually 5 weeks pregnant w/ my 10 year old daughter when I got Kinde, and did not know it. We went and partied in Austin on Lake Travis and had to bring the baby Kinde her own carpet to pee on, she was used to carpet, and was not used to the hard ground....(shes a little spoiled). I have taught her how to 'sing'....I need to get it on video some day.

Anyways....Poms are known for 'collapsing tracheas'. She has had a 'cough' now for many years which would be kicked in mainly when she was really active, or playing hard. Last year, on one of her visits to the vet she weighed about 7.5 lbs! I found the reciept the other day. She is now pushing 11 lbs. I"m sure. I am gonna weigh her when I get her this weekend... She's HUGE! Also the past year shes been very to herself, just wants to sleep, and does not play much. She does not play much w/ KoKo, (the 11 yr old male) and wants NOTHING to do w/ the puppy.

Her coughing has gotten really bad, and she struggles to breathe at times...and pants alot, and is very ancy alot at night....kind of like having a REALLY bad asthma attack. (I have asthma, so I know how it feels.) She is still happy and gets excited when she gets a goody,(but no more treats, because we are having to cut out her salt intake), but not real playful, and spends most of her time sleeping, eating, drinking, and loves to lay out in the sun. :sun
Her big treat now is when I put her med's in a piece of cheese.

For the past 2 months or so, we have been treating her now for an abnormal heart that my vet heard. He said since she is having these attacks at rest and mainly at night, that he thinks that 'her heart condition is gonna get her'...he kept saying that. I had asked him about her when I was there because all I know is what my ex says, and he is not really good at relaying messages. She is getting Theodour twice a day, (I've taken for asthma) and Lasix, (diuretic, for fluid retention). When she gets attacks, we are supposed to give her more Lasix. Its always at night, and she is not 'letting' me know now at night, when shes sleepin with me that she needs to go outside. I dont know if its cuz shes doing it in her sleep, or if she just does not realize that she has to go, or just does not feel like jumping off the bed and going downstairs.

He (vet) gave me on Monday a Referral Information packet on "Canine Congestive Heart Failure". For little or no money, she can get a very, very thorough cardiac evaluation, echochardiogram, Bloodwork, and complete examination. If she is eligible, it will include them putting her on medications commonly prescribed to dogs w/ congestive heart failure, and also trying new ones. And also monitoring of her condition w/ 4 visits to the medical center w/in a 2 month period. I'm thinking that he is recommending this because he does not really know what to tell me as far as how serious her conditions is, with the tests he's run...He has been her vet all her life and they are tight. But he did not tell me when I asked him Point Blank if she is dying and how long she has. I have NO IDEA AS THIS POINT, if this is just a precautionary for what we can expect, or if he feels like she is beyond his help, and is in the stages of needing very intensive, more 'focused' people that can help her w/ her heart.

I just tonight got a chance to tell my ex about it. He knew she had 'issues' but evidently this was the first he had heard about her going into Congestive Heart Faliure. I hated to do it over the phone, but we have to make a decision if we are gonna do the Clinical Trial or not. He is gonna call the vet tomorrow and basically get the same info that I told him, but from him. Shes been VERY heavy on my mind the past couple of weeks, and since Monday, and talking to my vet, I'm just thinking, I cant see myself w/ out my Kinde...Shes a sweetie...we are VERY VERY tight...I miss them when they are not here.

Again, I dont know if this is something that is critical NOW or if this is something that could linger for a few years...I have NO clue at this point. I just know that she has not been herself for the past year or so, and Ive seen such a change in her. And sometimes I wonder if she even realizes who I am...till she curls up in the bend of my knees when we're sleeping. I guess thats why the vet is encouraging me to do the Clinical Trial, maybe after the test, we will know better what condition she is in, and what we are in store for. Being a trial, EVERYTHING is free. And she will get the best of care and monitoring.

I'm sure after he talks to the vet tomorrow, we will make a decision, and I'm pretty confidant, that she will be doing it. I just cannot believe he was not aware. Maybe the Vet told me because he knows how I am about my dogs? Also, my ex's 'muther' takes them in sometime, and she is totally disconnected emotionally, so maybe that is why?

Anyways....This has just been really on my mind this whole week, actually the last few weeks. After talking to the vet on Monday, I realized the serioiusness of the situation. Sorry its so long, but I have not had the oppurtunity to really talk to anyone this week about what has been going on w/ Kinde at length.
Thanks for your time....Keep us in your prayers.
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 03:30 PM   #2
8T4SVOChick
Mustang Junkie

Christine~I'm so sorry to hear about that. I love animals so much and it just tears me up when something is wrong with them. I hope that you will get her checked out and get some good news or at least something concrete you can go by. I'll be thinking about you and your Kinde and you'll be in my prayers. Let us know what happens.

Take care and be safe.

Asst. Editor,
GirlsCanToo
Event/Race Coord.,
Texas Rep.,
TeamGC2

Mustang Forum Moderator @
FordSpeed.net
DFW Forum Moderator @ LoneStarStangs
Visit FordCustoms!
8T4SVOChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:18 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

Default How old?

How old is your failing baby? I know it's tough, but dogs just don't live as long as humans. I hope she stays with you for a long time. If she seems like she no longer is enjoying life, then do her the favor that we would all appreciate. That's my thought. I wish someone would do it for me when the time comes.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 10:03 PM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy THANKS

Hey guys...thanks.
She's 11 last January. And at this point I dont think shes in any type of pain. I know she is really uncomfortable when she has her attacks... She still barks, eats, drinks and is very lovable. She does not play like she used to and sleeps most of the time, but I think she still has a good quality of life....
yeah, it is something I guess I have not thought about, but if her quality of life did deteriorate like that, I could not watch her in pain or be miserable. My ex is gonna stop by and talk to the vet in the morning, and I'm pretty sure we will prolly do it, (the study). We just wanna make sure that it is not something that can be harmful to her too. I need to take some more recent good pics.
thanks again for your input, and thoughts...it just is really a hard thing to think about. Just wish I had a better idea of where she stands w/ this.
I'll keep ya posted on stuff....
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 10:49 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Sorry to hear about you friend. It's hard to see innocent animals suffer. At least you still got her. Just spend the time with her as much as possible and try not to dwell too much on the negatives. The thing about dogs is that usually doesn't matter how bad they feel, they always seem to enjoy your company and you can see it in their faces.

I still think of my dog who died a little over 2 years ago. I miss him.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 11:14 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i know how you feel my baby, that my daughter has now, is going to have to be put to sleep.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote